Week 9: Sam Darnold vs the Miami Dolphins

jetskid007

If it wasn't for the Pat's game and some dumb ints, Darnold is completing near 70% of his passes every game.

That's a positive that hes becoming accurate despite getting hit constantly. He just needs to stop forcing throws. The int today should never have happen cause he had a td taken away for bs 

I have faith darnold is good,  he just needs a real coach,  a ol and some weapons

Edited by NYJets4716

4 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Winters talking trash to Darnold. Honestly get Winters out of here, the guy has been garbage with us for years. We can cut him with no dead money. He better not be a starter next season. 

He's been one of the better of the Olineman, but still crap. I want him out as well.

3 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Winters talking trash to Darnold. Honestly get Winters out of here, the guy has been garbage with us for years. We can cut him with no dead money. He better not be a starter next season. 

Winters has been trash since the min he stepped on the field for us and Mac gave him a ridiculous contract. He’s terrible. A penalty machine who is constantly getting beat. The last 8 games could get real ugly losing to teams like NYG, WAS, CIN, MIA again...and those are the last winnable games we have. OAK is going to beat the balls off us as will PIT, BUF and obviously BAL. I think if we are lucky we go 3-13, likely 2-14 and end up with pick #2. Please,  please, please clean house and bring in a leader who is willing to take on the challenge that is this organization. Maybe Douglas brings in a member of the Philly or Ravens organization that he has a relationship with and that he trusts as a leader. We will see.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

When I saw that replay I was wondering what the heck he was saying. Was it the QB's fault on that fumble for the safety?

11 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

If it wasn't for the Pat's game and some dumb ints, Darnold is completing near 70% of his passes every game.

That's a positive that hes becoming accurate despite getting hit constantly. He just needs to stop forcing throws. The int today should never have happen cause he had a td taken away for bs 

I have faith darnold is good,  he just needs a real coach,  a ol and some weapons

I am glad that you have faith in Sam Darnold. I do not. But even if I had faith in you having faith in Sam Darnold, then what? What if you and everybody else touting Darnold as a future franchise QB are wrong about him? What if what we see now is who he is? The NFL road is littered with guys just like Darnold who "looked the part" of an NFL starting QB only to find out a little while later than it never materialized. Is he better than Mitchell Trubisky? I think so. Is he better than Josh Allen? The jury is still out on that one. Is he better than Baker Mayfield? Daniel Jones? Kyler Murray? Who knows.

Arizona did not just accept Josh Rosen as their future franchise QB after another bad year. They decided to instead reinvest once again in another starting QB. They also fired their head coach after just one year. These were not easy decisions at all. Do I think Arizona made the right decisions, though? Yeah, I do. Murray is an upgrade over Rosen and Kingsbury is an upgrade over Wilks. 

When you have uncertainty at QB and head coach, you have a disaster on your hands. We need to be rid of that uncertainty at all cost. One team has dominated our division for two decades now, and it's all because of certainty at QB and head coach. Everything else follows.

I am somewhat happy that we lost to Miami yesterday. Because we are not getting mediocre Adam Gase from Miami that got him the HC job in the first place. We are getting tire fire Adam Gase. Similarly, we are not getting the kind of QB play from Darnold that excites a fanbase and a franchise. We are getting as many questions as answers.

SO, reboot. Do it over until you do it right. When you are in school, the teacher does not let you go to recess until you complete the work assigned to you properly. This is the same concept. We still don't have a head coach and we still don't have a quarterback. Keep looking.

Since I have been alive, the only two times this franchise has not been a joke is when an Alabama quarterback was under center. Now, after yesterday's loss, we are slowly positioning ourselves to possibly draft another one. Tank for Tua? You're damn right. Every other "plan" at this point has just as much uncertainty and just as many flaws. Might as well reboot and start over again.

Hell, maybe if we did that we might be able to keep some of the unhappy veterans that either want out or seem to be pushed out the door by the current regime.

So, as far as I am concerned, keep on losing and clean house. Then, figure out who needs to be hired to be able to meet the challenges that lie ahead with this franchise. No more half-assed hirings and no more unsuccessful people on the job. A task this large, one that is 50 years in the making, requires someone who is respected around the NFL and will command that type of respect immediately here.

We probably say this every year at this time, but there are darker days ahead for us before we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. 

• Like 1

I liked the 09 and 10 teams when they where in the AFC championship game. I also liked that team in 98 or 99 when they lost to Denver in the AFC championship game with Parcells as the coach. We where up 10 nothing at half and lost. The Keith Byers fumble still is stuck in my head. We had the game in our hands. 

32 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I am glad that you have faith in Sam Darnold. I do not. But even if I had faith in you having faith in Sam Darnold, then what? What if you and everybody else touting Darnold as a future franchise QB are wrong about him? What if what we see now is who he is? The NFL road is littered with guys just like Darnold who "looked the part" of an NFL starting QB only to find out a little while later than it never materialized. Is he better than Mitchell Trubisky? I think so. Is he better than Josh Allen? The jury is still out on that one. Is he better than Baker Mayfield? Daniel Jones? Kyler Murray? Who knows.

Arizona did not just accept Josh Rosen as their future franchise QB after another bad year. They decided to instead reinvest once again in another starting QB. They also fired their head coach after just one year. These were not easy decisions at all. Do I think Arizona made the right decisions, though? Yeah, I do. Murray is an upgrade over Rosen and Kingsbury is an upgrade over Wilks. 

When you have uncertainty at QB and head coach, you have a disaster on your hands. We need to be rid of that uncertainty at all cost. One team has dominated our division for two decades now, and it's all because of certainty at QB and head coach. Everything else follows.

I am somewhat happy that we lost to Miami yesterday. Because we are not getting mediocre Adam Gase from Miami that got him the HC job in the first place. We are getting tire fire Adam Gase. Similarly, we are not getting the kind of QB play from Darnold that excites a fanbase and a franchise. We are getting as many questions as answers.

SO, reboot. Do it over until you do it right. When you are in school, the teacher does not let you go to recess until you complete the work assigned to you properly. This is the same concept. We still don't have a head coach and we still don't have a quarterback. Keep looking.

Since I have been alive, the only two times this franchise has not been a joke is when an Alabama quarterback was under center. Now, after yesterday's loss, we are slowly positioning ourselves to possibly draft another one. Tank for Tua? You're damn right. Every other "plan" at this point has just as much uncertainty and just as many flaws. Might as well reboot and start over again.

Hell, maybe if we did that we might be able to keep some of the unhappy veterans that either want out or seem to be pushed out the door by the current regime.

So, as far as I am concerned, keep on losing and clean house. Then, figure out who needs to be hired to be able to meet the challenges that lie ahead with this franchise. No more half-assed hirings and no more unsuccessful people on the job. A task this large, one that is 50 years in the making, requires someone who is respected around the NFL and will command that type of respect immediately here.

We probably say this every year at this time, but there are darker days ahead for us before we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. 

Yes. Clean house and start over fresh. The Dolphins have 11 picks on the first 3 rounds. That's how you build. We need to sell everything not nailed down, bring in new coaching, and build for the long term.

Sam has shown more than Rosen, so I'm fine with keeping him on. I'm not a Tua fan, so that's a personal bias of mine, but I still don't want to spend our first on a QB and still have all these glaring holes. Let's take the star pass rusher, star LT, or star WR and build around them. One elite edge and our dline could be top 5. An improved OL and a target Sam can trust, and maybe he turns it all around. Remember, he's 22. 

16 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

8 games and if it weren’t for that long td to Robby the jets would have no 100yd WRs this season and no 300yd passer. Awful. Especially in a league that caters to passing the ball.

FYI... I wanted Josh Allen over Q. But got made fun of for wanting DK Metcalf if we address’s edge in FA. Ya he has 530yds and 5 TDs. For perspective... our leading WR is Crowder with 500yfs and 1 TD

I always said josh allen at #3 too. We already had leo, not committing to an edge never made any sense to me. 

15 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Darnold is far from our issue. He’s improved in certain areas from last year. The area where he needs to make a leap is in not playing hero ball. If he’s going to become a top 10 QB, he has to stop making those bone head throws once or twice a game. It’s to the point where we almost know it’s coming. It usually happens when we are down and the game feels like it’s about to get away from us. He tries too hard and it never works out for us. He’s just not where I thought he would be. I expect Douglas to improve the OL next year which is a make or break year for Darnold. 

Edited by SDotNova

2 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

Yes. Clean house and start over fresh. The Dolphins have 11 picks on the first 3 rounds. That's how you build. We need to sell everything not nailed down, bring in new coaching, and build for the long term.

Sam has shown more than Rosen, so I'm fine with keeping him on. I'm not a Tua fan, so that's a personal bias of mine, but I still don't want to spend our first on a QB and still have all these glaring holes. Let's take the star pass rusher, star LT, or star WR and build around them. One elite edge and our dline could be top 5. An improved OL and a target Sam can trust, and maybe he turns it all around. Remember, he's 22. 

Yea. It doesn’t make sense to draft a QB. We’d be putting said QB in the same mess. Spend the next year or two building the OL and team around the QB and see what Darnold has. If he doesn’t make the keep to above average QB, cut bait and draft another QB in the first. Got to keep this thing moving. Darnold has to show he’s a FQB though. The worse thing we can do is lock up a QB that is ok. 

29 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Yea. It doesn’t make sense to draft a QB. We’d be putting said QB in the same mess. Spend the next year or two building the OL and team around the QB and see what Darnold has. If he doesn’t make the keep to above average QB, cut bait and draft another QB in the first. Got to keep this thing moving. Darnold has to show he’s a FQB though. The worse thing we can do is lock up a QB that is ok. 

Yes, let's use the next 2-3 years to build the OL right when Darnold would need to get paid big money.

We messed this up soooooooooooooooo bad.

11 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

Yes, let's use the next 2-3 years to build the OL right when Darnold would need to get paid big money.

We messed this up soooooooooooooooo bad.

We can fix the OL in an offseason. And JD clearly values OL, so I think that 100% will be what happens.

• Like 1