Week 9: Sam Darnold vs the Miami Dolphins

jetskid007

3 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Since I have been alive, the only two times this franchise has not been a joke is when an Alabama quarterback was under center. Now, after yesterday's loss, we are slowly positioning ourselves to possibly draft another one. Tank for Tua? You're damn right. Every other "plan" at this point has just as much uncertainty and just as many flaws. Might as well reboot and start over again.

So, you back over 40 years to find Starr, Namath and Stabler as the only viable Alabama QB's.  Did you forget about McCarron?  How about our own McElroy?  Darnold, when given even a little bit of time, makes good passes short, intermediate and long.  Quite honestly, give him an OL and the sky is the limit.  Does he need to work on things?  Of course.  Like many other have stated, stop with the forced throws to make something happen.  He will be a perennial pro bowler with the proper coaching and the GM drafting the proper players.

1 hour ago, xrade said:

So, you back over 40 years to find Starr, Namath and Stabler as the only viable Alabama QB's.  Did you forget about McCarron?  How about our own McElroy?  Darnold, when given even a little bit of time, makes good passes short, intermediate and long.  Quite honestly, give him an OL and the sky is the limit.  Does he need to work on things?  Of course.  Like many other have stated, stop with the forced throws to make something happen.  He will be a perennial pro bowler with the proper coaching and the GM drafting the proper players.

Richard Todd was our QB from mid 70s to early 80s when the Sack exchange formed, I think the better teams were the mid 80s with OBrien. 

Edited by Rich51

14 minutes ago, Rich51 said:

Richard Todd was our QB from mid 70s to early 80s when the Sack exchange formed, I think the better teams were the mid 80s with OBrien. 

I glad that there is someone else that remembers some good Jet times, for a while I through I was the only one. You are right Rich, O'Brien was a real good QB. Richard Todd was also a good QB. Wasn't  Todd the QB in the championship game against Miami, when Shula plug all drains and flooded the field the night before the game. And these kids on this board think they have it tough today.

Edited by doumeyer
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I glad that there is someone else that remembers some good Jet times, for a while I through I was the only one. You are right Rich, O'Brien was a real good QB. Richard Todd was also a good QB. Wasn't  Todd the QB in the championship game against Miami, when Shula plug all drains and flooded the field the night before the game. And these kids on this board think they have it tough today.

I remember that game as well ... Killer Bs and AJ Duhue.  We had real speed on O that year and this is why Shula pulled that crap.  Walt Micheals took that loss to his grave.

Kenny O'B was another QB that was affected by bad OL play.  Those were fun Jets teams to watch play though.  

2 hours ago, JetsFan15 said:

I remember that game as well ... Killer Bs and AJ Duhue.  We had real speed on O that year and this is why Shula pulled that crap.  Walt Micheals took that loss to his grave.

Kenny O'B was another QB that was affected by bad OL play.  Those were fun Jets teams to watch play though.  

You are so correct, they were fun times.

11 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

These are some depressing posts, damn 

Fan base deserves better 

The most depressing season since I became a fan (Early Pennington years) 

I genuinely thought this was a wildcard team entering the year, whereas I usually have zero expectations. Now I find myself contemplating the importance of draft position vs winning, something I thought I'd be done with for a long time to say the least. What a disaster.

I'll still be rooting for us to win the rest of the way because piling on embarrassing losses (CIN,NYG,MIA,WAS)  will only be detrimental to Sams development. Just have to hope some of those teams can rattle off wins as well. 

12 hours ago, NJC33 said:

The most depressing season since I became a fan (Early Pennington years) 

I genuinely thought this was a wildcard team entering the year, whereas I usually have zero expectations. Now I find myself contemplating the importance of draft position vs winning, something I thought I'd be done with for a long time to say the least. What a disaster.

I'll still be rooting for us to win the rest of the way because piling on embarrassing losses (CIN,NYG,MIA,WAS)  will only be detrimental to Sams development. Just have to hope some of those teams can rattle off wins as well. 

Count yourself lucky you were not a fan during the Kotite regime.  

• Like 2