Your 2019 MVP: Russell Wilson

BayRaider

40 minutes ago, animaltested said:

A Wilson thread has more discussion of OTHER QB's.

So typical. Dude is coasting to a Hall of Fame career, but his entire career has been filled with more said about OTHER QB's.

I would take it as a compliment in this case. There just isn't much to say about Russ right now in regards to the MVP race because there's no debate over the level of impact he's having/the fact that he's the frontrunner. 

• Like 1

Russell Wilson is currently the Frontrunner but Lamar is second and has a real chance to surpass Wilson... he’s on pace to throw for 3600 yards and rush for 1200 yards no one in nfl history has thrown for 3000 and ran for 1000 and with the ravens schedule Lamar has a chance to beat a lot of high quality and create a resume that will be as good as we have seen in years if he came somehow pull out the top seed in the AFC... like for instance... the ravens are the only team with wins over two teams In The top 5 of the national power rankings... could U imagine if the 49ers remain unbeaten until they play Baltimore and the ravens were to knock them off too with Lamar having a game similar to the pats game... I just think The race is gonna come down to team success and where they all place at the end of the day 

39 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

I would take it as a compliment in this case. There just isn't much to say about Russ right now in regards to the MVP race because there's no debate over the level of impact he's having/the fact that he's the frontrunner. 

Yeah that's how I took it. Plus, we're 11 pages in. Is there really 11 pages worth of debate over whether or not Russell is the MVP? lol the discussion has shifted to the 2nd/3rd place candidates and their worth.

3 hours ago, Danger said:

If you're looking at it in that sense, then Patrick Mahomes should just be handed the MVP trophy every year at the start of September.

MVP isn't exclusively who's the most valuable, but who has the most prolific season.

Didnt they just beat a very good vikings team with a qb who was a teacher like 6 months ago. So, i dont think so, regarding Mahomes. They also hung toe to toe with a very good Packers team.

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Danger what is up with you recently? You're better than this. Take the 10 seconds to look up our defensive rankings this year. The Ravens defense is a below-average unit at best.

Because when I feel a player is being overrated I compulsively feel the need to compensate the other direction.

He's having a good, not great season. Suggesting him as the MVP favorite at this point to me seems absurd.

RB/Mediocre QB hybrid Lamar Jackson as MVP in 2019 is laughable. (it does not mean he can't be a better passer in a few years, of course)

• Everyone talked about how the Patriots D was overhyped but now they are overhyping Jackson because the Ravens O-line, team, coaches, system, and Jackson beat New England?
    • I don't think New England is overhyped. I think The Ravens just had a really good day and New England came out slow in the first quarter
    • BTW, this would be like making Alex Smith MVP in 2014 and 2017 for beating New England.
  • 163 yards passing 66 yards rushing and 3 TDs is an MVP performance?
    • I'll take 378 yards passing 5 TDs and 21 yards rushing over that any day
  • The Ravens running backs behind that O-line put up 149 yards on 25 carries. Do you think that might have helped a bit?
  • The defense held the Patriots to 20 while scoring 7 themselves. I am sure that was a factor.

• Lets pretend Jackson did not put up 23 points on the Bengals now?
  • Lets forget he's got 5 passing TDs and 5 picks in his last 6 games?
    • His passer rating in those 6 games is 78.9... MVP?
    • He is '04/'06 Vick with better teammates (If Vick got to face the 2019 Dolphins in week 1). That's not an MVP.

That Naval Academy offense worked against New England on that day but it failed vs Cleveland and KC. (down 17 and 14 going into the 4th quarter)

The win against Pittsburgh had nothing to do with the offense which sputtered and gave the Steelers short field all day.

• Luckily the Ravens defense forced the Steelers to do the same.

Beating Seattle and New England is great for them. They could be a factor in the playoffs. Lets not pretend Jackson is an MVP though.

Can’t wait for the 34-10 Niner Monday and everyone storms in this thread saying Russ ain’t MVP anymore. He’ll still be unanimous MVP with a blowout loss to the Niners. Niners have the best D Line in Football and best record. Seahawks have a terrible O Line. Seahawk team isn’t even good, Russ carrying them more than I’ve seen any QB carry a team. The much better team will dominate the much worse team on Monday. Russ will still be the unanimous MVP going into Week 11. 

I don't care about the Ravens statistical rankings because they had bad days against KC and Cleveland.

They dominated in the Ravens 3 wins against teams that are not going to lose 10+ games  (or 6-9-1 for Arizona)

If they were just OK vs Pittsburgh it would have been a 17 point loss.

The held New England to 20 and scored 7 themselves.

Russell Wilson has played 9 games this year. He has a 100+ rating in 8 of them, averaging about a 128 rating in those 8 games.

The Ravens D held him to a 65.2 rating.

Pretending that Jackson has been great all year instead of dominating in weeks 1 and 2, running for 100+ vs Seattle, and then having a clutch game on SNF while ALSO pretending the Ravens D has not dominated in the big wins is just being a bad fan who is stepping on their team to worship 1 player.

Edited by SkippyX

2 hours ago, SkippyX said:

RB/Mediocre QB hybrid Lamar Jackson as MVP in 2019 is laughable. (it does not mean he can't be a better passer in a few years, of course)

• Everyone talked about how the Patriots D was overhyped but now they are overhyping Jackson because the Ravens O-line, team, coaches, system, and Jackson beat New England?
    • I don't think New England is overhyped. I think The Ravens just had a really good day and New England came out slow in the first quarter
    • BTW, this would be like making Alex Smith MVP in 2014 and 2017 for beating New England.
  • 163 yards passing 66 yards rushing and 3 TDs is an MVP performance?
    • I'll take 378 yards passing 5 TDs and 21 yards rushing over that any day
  • The Ravens running backs behind that O-line put up 149 yards on 25 carries. Do you think that might have helped a bit?
  • The defense held the Patriots to 20 while scoring 7 themselves. I am sure that was a factor.

• Lets pretend Jackson did not put up 23 points on the Bengals now?
  • Lets forget he's got 5 passing TDs and 5 picks in his last 6 games?
    • His passer rating in those 6 games is 78.9... MVP?
    • He is '04/'06 Vick with better teammates (If Vick got to face the 2019 Dolphins in week 1). That's not an MVP.

That Naval Academy offense worked against New England on that day but it failed vs Cleveland and KC. (down 17 and 14 going into the 4th quarter)

The win against Pittsburgh had nothing to do with the offense which sputtered and gave the Steelers short field all day.

• Luckily the Ravens defense forced the Steelers to do the same.

Beating Seattle and New England is great for them. They could be a factor in the playoffs. Lets not pretend Jackson is an MVP though.

My favorite part of this whole post is your continued efforts to simultaneously hype up the Ravens offense as great other than Lamar and also pretend it's a gimmick offense that's not sustainable. Which is it?

if 163 yards passing 66 yards rushing and 3 TD's isn't an MVP performance, what would you consider 182 passing yards 2 4 rushing yards and 2 TD's? That was Russell Wilson's day against Atlanta in a 27-20 victory last week.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls
  • Like 2

Here’s a question, since almost nothing in this thread is actually about Wilson. 

The Seahawks have two games against San Francisco, @LA, @PHI, @CAR, vs MIN, vs ARI.

If they go 10-6 and miss the playoffs off a tie breaker from a loss to Eagles/Panthers/Vikings/Rams, provided Wilson has similar numbers to his current projection can he win MVP while missing the playoffs?

40 minutes ago, patriotsheatyan said:

Here’s a question, since almost nothing in this thread is actually about Wilson. 

The Seahawks have two games against San Francisco, @LA, @PHI, @CAR, vs MIN, vs ARI.

If they go 10-6 and miss the playoffs off a tie breaker from a loss to Eagles/Panthers/Vikings/Rams, provided Wilson has similar numbers to his current projection can he win MVP while missing the playoffs?

Depends on what Lamar / Watson do during this time frame.

7 hours ago, animaltested said:

A Wilson thread has more discussion of OTHER QB's.

So typical. Dude is coasting to a Hall of Fame career, but his entire career has been filled with more said about OTHER QB's.

His net worth cuddling with his bae on sports center 1 superbowl title speaks enough for him lol. 

If He gets this roster to the NFC title game or superbowl he's better than Peyton in my mind. Especially, in a loaded NFC. 

Had he handed the ball off to beast mode I might of been at that point already.