Better QB this season? Deshaun Watson or Lamar Jackson

mdonnelly21

37 members have voted

1. 1. Better QB this season?

• Deshaun Watson
    • Lamar Jackson

21 hours ago, DreamKid said:

It always a treat to go up against Deandre Hopkins too. A legit monster. Hopkins vs Humphrey and Watson vs Jackson is must see TV.

Honestly, this should be flexed into the SNF game. Right now, it's Bears/Rams, and I don't think Trubisky v Goff holds as much appeal as Watson v Jackson.

16 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Honestly, this should be flexed into the SNF game. Right now, it's Bears/Rams, and I don't think Trubisky v Goff holds as much appeal as Watson v Jackson.

I was at the Texans Jaguars game in London. Does Hopkins always talk that much to referees about calls? He is an absolute monster at the position, but I always get annoyed when receivers can't stop talking after calls they disagree with

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Funny thing is the Ravens got the rams Texans and 49ers over the next 5 weeks every game has an argument to be flexed as long as they keep winning 

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Aren't many QB matchups in the entire NFL right now that hold more appeal than Watson vs. Jackson IYAM

Outside of Brady v Brees or Rodgers in the Super Bowl, I would agree.

Watson v Jackson is a ratings supernova...

Really torn on this one as I really like both of them. I think from a talent standpoint they are top 3 in the NFL in terms of young QB's (Probably 2 and 3 behind Mahomes). As others have mentioned Watson is a bit more advanced as a thrower, but is also a couple years older than Jackson. Jackson obviously has a significant advantage with his legs, which typically at QB isn't a huge trait, however Jackson to me is a bit of an outlier in this regard as the only QB that I've seen with comparable explosive ability to run the ball like he does is Michael Vick. He has extremely rare athletic traits that are elite at any position in the NFL and not just at QB. With the significant strides he has made as a passer this season combined with his ability to run the ball, I think Jackson is a tougher player for defenses to defend at this point. Obviously Jackson is going to have to continue improving as a passer (much like literally any other 22 year old QB) if he is going to have a long sustainable NFL career as his athleticism will start to decline in the next 5-10 years.

Watson in my eyes will regularly be in the top 5 QB discussion going forward for the next 10 plus years. So I guess to answer the question, it depends on what you define as better QB as of right now. If we are talking in terms of which player is better at throwing the ball, Watson no question has an advantage at this point. If we are talking which player is playing better overall at QB all things considered, I think I'm taking Jackson as his legs change games like few, if any, QB's before him have (Vick had the athleticism, but was not near as advanced as a passer before going to prison). 

• Like 2

Watson, by a longshot.

As for Lamar, he's done a good job, he's taking care of the ball, and the team is winning.  But that's where it ends; All this MVP talk is ridiculous.  I admit I was impressed with what I saw against New England, and he's made some nice plays here and there, but for the most part, he's simply just taking advantage of terrible defenses; Kudos, but no MVP...

8 hours ago, frenchie said:

Watson, by a longshot.

As for Lamar, he's done a good job, he's taking care of the ball, and the team is winning.  But that's where it ends; All this MVP talk is ridiculous.  I admit I was impressed with what I saw against New England, and he's made some nice plays here and there, but for the most part, he's simply just taking advantage of terrible defenses; Kudos, but no MVP...

LOL.

Edited by M.10.E

9 hours ago, frenchie said:

Watson, by a longshot.

Taking advantage of terrible defenses? Seems like an odd time to make that statement when Jackson just led his team to a win against an undefeated Patriots team that has an elite defense that was allowing 5 points per game through the first 8 games of the season. Jackson led the Ravens to 37 points against a defense that averaged 5 points allowed per game..

• Like 4

1 hour ago, tyler735 said:

Taking advantage of terrible defenses? Seems like an odd time to make that statement when Jackson just led his team to a win against an undefeated Patriots team that has an elite defense that was allowing 5 points per game through the first 8 games of the season. Jackson led the Ravens to 37 points against a defense that averaged 5 points allowed per game..

Lol right? People were literally talking about this as an all-time defense in this forum literally a week ago. For some reason there are people that will only want to diminish what he does...i expect it to continue throughout his career. Not sure why they do it but it is what it is.

That being said, as a Ravens fan, Deshaun is better.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, frenchie said:

Watson, by a longshot.

ok.