If you didn't think Joe Burrow was a 1st rounder last year, why would you think he's one this year?

VanS

When are you guys going to realize it makes no sense to go back and forth with Van? He has his opinions and he never really changes them. Regardless of facts or evidence. The only thing I’ve ever seen him mention he got wrong was Corey Davis. But it still has some reluctance even in that post to admit it fully. Heck he probably still believes Antonio Callaway’s eyes. He still believes Josh Dobbs is great because he hasn’t had his chance. Perhaps there is a reason he hasn’t? Nope not to VanS. No one is as smart as he. If they would just play him we would all see!

• Like 6

For those of you craving for VanS eating some crow this is as close as you’ll get. Still a struggle for him. Blamed the QB first and “might not be as good as I thought he would be”. He clearly isn’t as good as you thought he would be. So just give it up with this guy. You won’t get what you seek.

On 12/23/2019 at 5:58 PM, VanS said:

Corey Davis

I literally have no idea what is wrong with him.  Before the emergence of AJ Brown I blamed Marriota for his lack of production.  Now that he's with another QB and other receivers are out-producing him I am left with no other choice than to think he just might not be as good as I thought he would be. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Counselor said:

When are you guys going to realize it makes no sense to go back and forth with Van? He has his opinions and he never really changes them. Regardless of facts or evidence. The only thing I’ve ever seen him mention he got wrong was Corey Davis. But it still has some reluctance even in that post to admit it fully. Heck he probably still believes Antonio Callaway’s eyes. He still believes Josh Dobbs is great because he hasn’t had his chance. Perhaps there is a reason he hasn’t? Nope not to VanS. No one is as smart as he. If they would just play him we would all see!

For the life of me can’t understand why people go back and forth with VanS. How this thread has 20 pages is exactly how people like the Kardashians become famous. Ignore them, don’t stoke the flames and they’ll go away, don’t make them feel important with paid attention.

• Like 5

Just now, Fureys49ers said:

For the life of me can’t understand why people go back and forth with VanS. How this thread has 20 pages is exactly how people like the Kardashians become famous. Ignore them, don’t stoke the flames and they’ll go away, don’t make them feel important with paid attention.

Yes! VanS is the Kris Jenner of this forum!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Counselor said:

When are you guys going to realize it makes no sense to go back and forth with Van?

It kills time for me. On days where the wife and kids are at my MILs and I don't have stuff to do, I'll find a random hot take and pull it apart to simply amuse myself with his responses.

Best part? He's completely oblivious to it all. 

• Like 5

On December 28, 2019 at 10:17 AM, SmittyBacall said:

How common is it for a prospect to improve their arm strength over the course of their career?

Not sure how common but it has happened with Brady and Brees. There was an Athletic article about the QB coach for the Huskers and the technique/science he used to improve his QBs that I thought was interesting.

23 hours ago, Kirill said:

I didn't watch the LSU game because it was obvious the Sooners were going to get walloped, but I did watch his Heisman acceptance speech and Burrow just seems like a bust to me. Bengals also are one of the last teams you wanna go to if you're a QB.

It's like you're trying to channel VanS but instead of eyes, it's speech.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2019 at 8:35 AM, SmittyBacall said:

If that’s all you got/seen from that performance there is really no helping you.

Oklahoma has always had a laughble defense.  2 years ago Nick Chubb and Sony Michel ran thru them like a hot knife through butter.  Putting up monster numbers against them should be expected.

Stuff like what Trevor Lawrence did against Ohio St running the ball was unexpected.  His performance elevated his stock in my eyes.  Joe Burrow's performance didn't. 

On 12/29/2019 at 10:18 AM, sammymvpknight said:

This may be the best example of stubbornness that I’ve ever seen

I'm confused.  Did Joe Burrow light it up in the Super Bowl?  Or did he play a Big 10 team with a recent history of awful defensive performances in bowl games?

I don't know how its stubborn given he's proven nothing in the NFL.  This thread is about pro potential not how good of a college QB Joe Burrow is.

24 minutes ago, VanS said:

Oklahoma has always had a laughble defense.  2 years ago Nick Chubb and Sony Michel ran thru them like a hot knife through butter.  Putting up monster numbers against them should be expected.

Stuff like what Trevor Lawrence did against Ohio St running the ball was unexpected.  His performance elevated his stock in my eyes.  Joe Burrow's performance didn't. 

LOL

So a QB “running the ball unexpectedly” elevated his pro stock but another QB throwing for 7TDs in a half, displaying extremely high levels of pocket movement, awareness and accuracy, whilst adding to what might be the greatest single season of quarterbacking in college football history... didn’t elevate his pro stock, quote, because he “didn’t light up the Super Bowl”. Something which at this current point in his lifetime, would be literally impossible.

And then just to top it all off, you refer to the way the second leading rusher in the NFL this season and a Super Bowl champion who owns the record for NFL playoff rushing touchdowns once ran through that defense as if that’s a good indictment.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, VanS said:

I'm confused.  Did Joe Burrow light it up in the Super Bowl?  Or did he play a Big 10 team with a recent history of awful defensive performances in bowl games?

I don't know how its stubborn given he's proven nothing in the NFL.  This thread is about pro potential not how good of a college QB Joe Burrow is.

None of the college players have proven anything in the NFL. You have to see what Joe Burrow is doing at the college level and determine if it is transferrable to the NFL. I have no reason to believe that it's not. He's running an NFL friendly scheme and is absolute master at it. He knows how to go through progressions, knows how to make checks at the LOS, he makes good decisions, and he's accurate. His arm strength have NEVER hindered his ability to get the ball where it needs to go on a consistent basis. He's also an above average athlete at the QB position, demonstrated by his ability to move within and out of the pocket. His athleticism is very comparable to Aaron Rodgers, who have made defenses pay for decades with his legs, though he's not an elite athlete by any stretch of the imagination. If Burrow fails in the NFL, it will be because the Bengals are a dysfunction franchise that struggles to put supporting pieces around him or injury...but the same can be said of pretty much any QB prospect ever. I'd be absolutely shocked if Burrow isn't at least a good NFL QB...probably one of the highest floor QBs I've seen in a very long time.

• Like 3