If you didn't think Joe Burrow was a 1st rounder last year, why would you think he's one this year?

VanS

17 hours ago, VanS said:

If I have to pick someone I would draft DT Derrick Brown from Auburn.  He's the only player I see going high in mock drafts that jumped off the screen to me when I watched him play.  His performance against Florida stood out to me.

With that said I think this year's draft is weak at the top.  I would trade picks in this year's draft for extra picks in next year's draft.

I was with you on Brown, to a degree, but weak at the top in this draft? You left me confused there lmao. 3 OTs would be the best in a lot of classes, 2 of the best WR prospects in years, top CB in at least 3 classes, a true elite non Qb, true 1-1 QB, another 1-1 level QB if healthy. Plus Brown, Epenesa and even Delpit. 

5 hours ago, Nastradamus said:

I was with you on Brown, to a degree, but weak at the top in this draft? You left me confused there lmao. 3 OTs would be the best in a lot of classes, 2 of the best WR prospects in years, top CB in at least 3 classes, a true elite non Qb, true 1-1 QB, another 1-1 level QB if healthy. Plus Brown, Epenesa and even Delpit. 

Who are these 2 best WR prospects in years?  Okudah looks good but not really that special like a Derek Stingley Jr.  Delpit reminds me a lot of Eric Reid.  Good player but not that special.  And I've made my opinion about Tua and Burrow clear for months.  Even before the injury I wasn't enamored with Tua's skillset and I feared for his durability.  OL has never been my strong suit when it comes to evaluation so you might be right about them.

When I say the top of this draft isn't strong, I'm not saying there aren't quality starters available.  I just don't see many transcended superstars like Myles Garrett, Pat Mahomes, Saquon Barkley, Lamar Jackson, etc.  

On 1/4/2020 at 3:45 PM, VanS said:

Who are these 2 best WR prospects in years?  Okudah looks good but not really that special like a Derek Stingley Jr.  Delpit reminds me a lot of Eric Reid.  Good player but not that special.  And I've made my opinion about Tua and Burrow clear for months.  Even before the injury I wasn't enamored with Tua's skillset and I feared for his durability.  OL has never been my strong suit when it comes to evaluation so you might be right about them.

When I say the top of this draft isn't strong, I'm not saying there aren't quality starters available.  I just don't see many transcended superstars like Myles Garrett, Pat Mahomes, Saquon Barkley, Lamar Jackson, etc.  

Ok, but just know that those are bizarre, outlier opinions in the draft community. I respect anyone having their own opinion though of course. 

That said, We saw guys like Lattimore and Ward be high impact CBs out of the gate as rookies and Okudah is clearly better than both. Delpit allowed 9 completions and only 23 targets on the entire season. His film when healthy is definitely in a league with guys like James and Adams IMO. Jeudy and Lamb are each the type of prospect who are the #1 guy in their class almost any year they come out. This year's WR class is stacked and those 2 are a tier above the rest by almost everyone. Add in Young,Brown and Epenesa and I'm surprised at your opinion. Again, to each their own though. I've certainly been wrong before.

15 hours ago, Nastradamus said:

Ok, but just know that those are bizarre, outlier opinions in the draft community. I respect anyone having their own opinion though of course. 

That said, We saw guys like Lattimore and Ward be high impact CBs out of the gate as rookies and Okudah is clearly better than both. Delpit allowed 9 completions and only 23 targets on the entire season. His film when healthy is definitely in a league with guys like James and Adams IMO. Jeudy and Lamb are each the type of prospect who are the #1 guy in their class almost any year they come out. This year's WR class is stacked and those 2 are a tier above the rest by almost everyone. Add in Young,Brown and Epenesa and I'm surprised at your opinion. Again, to each their own though. I've certainly been wrong before.

My views are typically outliers when it comes to the draft.  We'll see how this class turns out.  I'm just not that enamored with it like I was the 2017 and 2018 draft classes. 

14 minutes ago, VanS said:

My views are typically outliers when it comes to the draft. 

Agreed. You are the Kyrie Irving of the draft community. No matter how many people say the earth is round, you continue to insist that it is flat. It’s like you make absurd statements and evaluations just to be different from everyone else.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

It’s like you make absurd statements and evaluations just to be different from everyone else.

I've never said anything on here I don't fully believe in.

Maybe you should consider the possibility some people don't think like everyone else.

On 1/4/2020 at 2:45 PM, VanS said:

How many transcendent superstars do you think there are in a given draft?

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

How many transcendent superstars do you think there are in a given draft?

Depends on the draft.  The best drafts have 5-6 like 2018.  The worst have none like 2009 and 2015.  Average draft might have 1-2.  This draft is somewhere between 0-2.  

The only 2 players I think can be special are Derrick Brown and Tee Higgins.  But with Tee I want to see his speed.  He has AJ Green type skills but I'm scared he might not have the speed to be that special. 

9 minutes ago, VanS said:

Depends on the draft.  The best drafts have 5-6 like 2018.  The worst have none like 2009 and 2015.  Average draft might have 1-2.  This draft is somewhere between 0-2.  

The only 2 players I think can be special are Derrick Brown and Tee Higgins.  But with Tee I want to see his speed.  He has AJ Green type skills but I'm scared he might not have the speed to be that special. 

Tee Higgins is somewhere between DeVante Parker and AJ Green