Kyler Murray vs Daniel Jones

patriotsheatyan

Kyler Murray vs Daniel Jones  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Kyler Murray vs Daniel Jones

• Kyler Murray
    • Daniel Jones

I don’t view this as close. Murray is a next level threat that IMO is creating a lot of the looks that he sees. He has pinpoint accuracy and a very good arm. I think Jones has a skillset that allows him to upgrade what was there with Eli, but I don’t believe he’s got an elite asset in his arsenal... and I’m a big believer that what wins in the NFL is an elite tool that you can weaponize. So long term I’m going with the guy with that elite tool in his arsenal.

• Like 2

Murray is gonna be a stud. I had him with Bosa and QW as the elite three. Not sure why people viewed Murray as like a borderline Top 15 prospect. He had deadly pocket awareness, vision for pressure, very accurate on all three levels, and of course his legs... he has the potential to be the best mobile threat QB of all time. 

He needs to work on his tight window accuracy/throwing near defenders but the guy gets better every game. He’s already a much better passer than Lamar Jackson. 

I feel his passing ability never got enough credit. He was the highest rated pocket passer in college football according to PFF and graded higher than Baker Mayfield the year before, purely out of the pocket.

Murray and it's not even close. 

Murray may already have the best arm talent in the nfl and accuracy at every level of the field

I bet cardinals wrs are top 10 in yac because kyler has a knack of placing the ball in position where only the wr can get it. 

He is already a top 15 qb and I wouldn't take any qb besides mahomes or wilson moving forward

• Like 1

I went with Jones purely because I think Murray's small size will eventually catch up with him.  I know he does a good job of avoiding contact, but it doesn't take many of those huge hits before they start to accumulate and have an effect.

I understand that this take is almost like the classic "he might get hurt" response, but I think it's different because we are talking about whole careers here.  It just seems like almost all "running QB's" eventually pay a price.  We are seeing it now with Cam Newton, and he is a LOT bigger and stronger than Murray.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I went with Jones purely because I think Murray's small size will eventually catch up with him.  I know he does a good job of avoiding contact, but it doesn't take many of those huge hits before they start to accumulate and have an effect.

I understand that this take is almost like the classic "he might get hurt" response, but I think it's different because we are talking about whole careers here.  It just seems like almost all "running QB's" eventually pay a price.  We are seeing it now with Cam Newton, and he is a LOT bigger and stronger than Murray.

Sigh.

Because Cam has or has tried to run over defenders from DBs to even LBs in which those hits have added up over the years. 

Like Russ, Kyler knows his limits. There’s a reason you don’t see them try to run through the defenders.

Edited by ClutchDJ
  • Like 2

Just now, ClutchDJ said:

Sigh.

Because Cam has or has tried to run over defenders from DBs to even LBs in which those hits have added up over the years. 

Like Russ, Kyler knows his limits. There’s a reason you don’t see them try to through the defenders.

That will certainly help, but you can't avoid all the hits.  It's like the weight classes in boxing.  You don't see middleweights going up against guys like Mike Tyson either.  No matter how good their defense may be, they are still going to take hits and they will not be able to hold up.  I know this is different than football, and it may never be an issue for Murray.  I hope it won't be because he's such a fun player to watch.  He is still going to have a great career if he can stay healthy.

17 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Murray is gonna be a stud. I had him with Bosa and QW as the elite three. Not sure why people viewed Murray as like a borderline Top 15 prospect. He had deadly pocket awareness, vision for pressure, very accurate on all three levels, and of course his legs... he has the potential to be the best mobile threat QB of all time. 

He needs to work on his tight window accuracy/throwing near defenders but the guy gets better every game. He’s already a much better passer than Lamar Jackson. 

I feel his passing ability never got enough credit. He was the highest rated pocket passer in college football according to PFF and graded higher than Baker Mayfield the year before, purely out of the pocket.

He’s starting to show some arm talent down the field.  Kliff was coaching him with kid gloves but it’s nice seeing him unleash a bit.

On 11/11/2019 at 8:50 AM, diamondbull424 said:

I don’t view this as close. Murray is a next level threat that IMO is creating a lot of the looks that he sees. He has pinpoint accuracy and a very good arm. I think Jones has a skillset that allows him to upgrade what was there with Eli, but I don’t believe he’s got an elite asset in his arsenal... and I’m a big believer that what wins in the NFL is an elite tool that you can weaponize. So long term I’m going with the guy with that elite tool in his arsenal.

Eli to Jones has been the 5th worst YoY drop in efficiency in the NFL. Fumble Jones is somehow worse than Eli; which I didnt think possible. He is still a rookie though, so you expect growing pains. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Eli to Jones has been the 5th worst YoY drop in efficiency in the NFL. Fumble Jones is somehow worse than Eli; which I didnt think possible. He is still a rookie though, so you expect growing pains. 

I think there’s something to be said for his ability to win them games more than Eli could. Being able to drive the ball creates an impact that I’m not sure comes through fully statistically... but yeah, I also wasn’t aware of these numbers. That’s very interesting.

Loosely related but it’s crazy to think that Jones has a carry rating of 55 in Madden yet other QBs are similar. In fact I hit stick a scrambling Jones in that game three times in a game and he didn’t fumble once. I had to laugh.

On 11/13/2019 at 1:09 PM, diamondbull424 said:

I think there’s something to be said for his ability to win them games more than Eli could.

He is 2-6 and one of the two was because the other team's kicker missed an easy field goal.

The other win was against a team that is only not 0-9 because the Dolphins went for 2 at the end.

Eli has a pair of Lombardi trophies. Eli lost in Dallas (Jones was worse vs Dallas) and vs Buffalo.

Jones can't beat the Jets, Cardinals, or Lions.

There is nothing about Jones in 2019 that is better than 38 year old Eli.

• Like 1

Jones is a better pocket passer and we’ve seen that skill translate to long term success in the NFL much more than any other skill. Guys like Murray get figured out eventually. It happened with Vick, RG3, Kaep, Cam, and it will happen to Lamar Jackson and Murray too. And of all the quarterbacks I listed, Murray has had the quietest entrance into the NFL. 

• Like 1