Kyler Murray vs Daniel Jones

patriotsheatyan

Kyler Murray vs Daniel Jones  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Kyler Murray vs Daniel Jones

• Kyler Murray
    • Daniel Jones

20 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

1. Football isnt sustainable. How many QBs have already gotten banged up this year?

2. It IS bringing short term success, not COULD.

... this isnt a Jackson thread

Murray looks like a potential star, so easily him over Jones.

It's not even a debate. The only one who's trying (and failing miserably) to turn into one is a homer giants fan.

50 minutes ago, Gmen said:

NFL’s next gen stats are pretty damning for Murray’s passing game.

%Aggressiveness : 25th in the league

Completed air yards : 26th 

Intended air yards : 30th

Average yards to the sticks : 30th

Completion percentage above expectation : 24th

Basically falls in line with what I see when I watch Murray

I’ll spare you with the Wilson and Mahomes comparison because that would be embarrassing, but here is how Daniel Jones stacks up

%Aggressiveness : 3rd in the league

Completed air yards : 30th

Intended air yards : 21st

Average yards to the sticks : 17th

Completion percentage above expectation : 15th

I like Kyler to have a better career, but their numbers have been similar so far, just slightly leaning towards Murray:

Statistical Comparison
Statistic K. Murray D. Jones
Winning % 0.32 0.25
Comp. % 64.60% 63%
Yards / Game 245.7 220.4
TD% 3.60% 5.10%
INT% 1.30% 2.70%
TD-INT Ratio 2.8 1.875
ANY/A 5.89 5.1
Sack % 8.20% 9.70%
ADoT 7.3 7.6
Bad Throw % 17.90% 17.20%
On Target % 74.10% 73.90%
Adj. Comp %* 70.95% 67.03%
* CMP% excluding spikes, drops, and throwaways

I think one of the biggest stats is just their raw INT totals: Murray has 5 in 11 starts; Jones has 8 in 8 starts.

I think with his rushing abilities added in to the mix, Murray has a chance to be something really special, but I'm not so sure on Jones. I think he could be a good starter, but I think Murray will have the better career.

2 hours ago, AlNFL19 said:

I like Kyler to have a better career, but their numbers have been similar so far, just slightly leaning towards Murray:

Statistical Comparison
Statistic K. Murray D. Jones
Winning % 0.32 0.25
Comp. % 64.60% 63%
Yards / Game 245.7 220.4
TD% 3.60% 5.10%
INT% 1.30% 2.70%
TD-INT Ratio 2.8 1.875
ANY/A 5.89 5.1
Sack % 8.20% 9.70%
ADoT 7.3 7.6
Bad Throw % 17.90% 17.20%
On Target % 74.10% 73.90%
Adj. Comp %* 70.95% 67.03%
* CMP% excluding spikes, drops, and throwaways

I think one of the biggest stats is just their raw INT totals: Murray has 5 in 11 starts; Jones has 8 in 8 starts.

I think with his rushing abilities added in to the mix, Murray has a chance to be something really special, but I'm not so sure on Jones. I think he could be a good starter, but I think Murray will have the better career.

To add to that, Murray has 2 fumbles in his 11 games (740 snaps) while Jones has 13 in his 8 games (555) snaps.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Watching Aaron Rodgers look like Christian Ponder against the 49ers defense last night made me gain even more respect for Kyler Murray.

That kid held his own against that defense and had them on the ropes twice.

Yep. Two best QB games against the Niners this year were definitely Kyler Murray. No one else even looked good. Russell Wilson who IMO is the #1 QB in the league and complete stud, had a pretty average game against them. 

5 hours ago, Gmen said:

I’ll take one Mike Evans and Chris Godwin please 🙏

Or even any sort of running game.  It’s amazing how Daniel Jones is already the best player on his team (this year) as a rookie and people can’t grasp what he has on his plate.  Awful OL who tee off on him left and right (literally) and people only point to how he keeps giving up fumbles when defenders run at him unblocked. 

Jones has his share of costly errors but it’s easy to see how mature he is as a rookie.  Very impressive and I’m anxious to see what he can do when he actually has an OL, a hundred yard rusher and maybe a better wide receiver than a rookie 5th rounder.

Edited by titwio
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, titwio said:

Or even any sort of running game.  It’s amazing how Daniel Jones is already the best player on his team (this year) as a rookie and people can’t grasp what he has on his plate.  Awful OL who tee off on him left and right (literally) and people only point to how he keeps giving up fumbles when defenders run at him unblocked. 

Jones has his share of costly errors but it’s easy to see how mature he is as a rookie.  Very impressive and I’m anxious to see what he can do when he actually has an OL, a hundred yard rusher and maybe a better wide receiver than a rookie 5th rounder.

Jones is the best player on his team? Hot take lol