This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

I hate how every near argument on this site today gets to a point where someone is all nice and wishes the other a happy Thanksgiving.  I’m like, I don’t care if it’s Christmas I’m ready to go any day every day.  Don’t be different on certain days of the year because if you’re only like that certain days of the year you’re being phony that day of the year and I’d rather be me 24/7/365 than be phony.  

Same thing with family, too.  Like they expect you to be best buds like you’ve known them all your life on Thanksgiving when they haven’t talked to you in person, called you, texted you, sent you a Facebook message, emailed you or written you a letter one day of the year that wasn’t either your birthday, Thanksgiving or Christmas and they’re acting like it’s all good.  

The worst people in the world are the people who send you some lame *** Christmas card after not saying so much as hello for 7 years like all at once they’re a good aunt, uncle, cousin, whatever.  I haven’t seen my best friend in I think 4 years, and I hadn’t seen him for probably three years before that and I’ve probably seen him three times total in the past decade, but I still actively talk and communicate with him on a weekly basis and this time of year I’ve been getting texts from drunk uncles and generic holiday letters from aunts I’ve said one sentence to in any form of communication once in the past two years and probably three times total in the previous 4 years before that and they get upset when I don’t say anything or accept their Christmas gift that I might have liked 7 years ago when they knew me but have since completely lost interest in?

I’m gonna turn this around to try to act nice and not as bitter as some 70 year old widower.  If you care about someone in your life and you don’t talk to them often but you want to, call them on some nondescript Tuesday and ask how they’re doing and how they’ve been.  Tell your mothers your brothers your sisters your fathers you love them if they’re still around.  But do it tomorrow so you’re not a phony Thanksgiving attention whore.

On 11/28/2019 at 8:25 PM, Outpost31 said:

I hate how every near argument on this site today gets to a point where someone is all nice and wishes the other a happy Thanksgiving.  I’m like, I don’t care if it’s Christmas I’m ready to go any day every day.  Don’t be different on certain days of the year because if you’re only like that certain days of the year you’re being phony that day of the year and I’d rather be me 24/7/365 than be phony.  

Same thing with family, too.  Like they expect you to be best buds like you’ve known them all your life on Thanksgiving when they haven’t talked to you in person, called you, texted you, sent you a Facebook message, emailed you or written you a letter one day of the year that wasn’t either your birthday, Thanksgiving or Christmas and they’re acting like it’s all good.  

The worst people in the world are the people who send you some lame *** Christmas card after not saying so much as hello for 7 years like all at once they’re a good aunt, uncle, cousin, whatever.  I haven’t seen my best friend in I think 4 years, and I hadn’t seen him for probably three years before that and I’ve probably seen him three times total in the past decade, but I still actively talk and communicate with him on a weekly basis and this time of year I’ve been getting texts from drunk uncles and generic holiday letters from aunts I’ve said one sentence to in any form of communication once in the past two years and probably three times total in the previous 4 years before that and they get upset when I don’t say anything or accept their Christmas gift that I might have liked 7 years ago when they knew me but have since completely lost interest in?

I’m gonna turn this around to try to act nice and not as bitter as some 70 year old widower.  If you care about someone in your life and you don’t talk to them often but you want to, call them on some nondescript Tuesday and ask how they’re doing and how they’ve been.  Tell your mothers your brothers your sisters your fathers you love them if they’re still around.  But do it tomorrow so you’re not a phony Thanksgiving attention whore.

You've got some issues there! Happy Friday! Get help!