Minor Niner News Twos: Electric Boogaloos

y2lamanaki

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Yeah, and honestly he should have received more votes.

I know there's some anti-analytics folks in the media and just overall, but I feel beat writers are getting smarter and smarter. Back in the day it was more of a popularity contest or whoever had the flashy stats. No way in 2002 does Warner make it over someone like White. But now with sites like PFF and others, you can see the type of value Warner has and how good he is despite the lack of sacks, tackles etc. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Thanks.

So yeah, good chance Trent doesn't get it even though he certainly would deserve it. But I think Williams does have a good shot at getting it. His competition will be Armstead and........? Bolles? Brown?

Tunsil as well. 

I know Ram got the second team RT, haven't seen LT yet. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Forgot about Tunsil, but did he really have a better season than Trent? I can't say one way or another as I didn't pay attention. 

When you account for that Texans offense, you can probably make the claim. There's nobody who does more straight up drop back pass protection in the NFL. The Texans ran 6 screens all year lol. Williams had more penalties, more sacks given up I'm pretty sure. Williams gets a big bump from his run game work though. 

1 minute ago, gridirongorilla said:

QQ: wouldn't it take Watson a while to get up to speed with the offense ala Matt Ryan? With the learning curve seems like the price would just be too high

I think that's vastly overrated. It's honestly the only time in Shanny's history that its really happened and the relationship between Ryan / Shanny was sort of odd.