Minor Niner News Twos: Electric Boogaloos

y2lamanaki

35 minutes ago, gridirongorilla said:

QQ: wouldn't it take Watson a while to get up to speed with the offense ala Matt Ryan? With the learning curve seems like the price would just be too high

Even if he takes time to assimilate all the nuances of the plays, he can still get by turning broken plays into gains, as opposed to Nick Mullens, who'll turn a broken play (which is often a broken read) into a strip sack returned for a TD. Things we tend to forget, is that when Jimmy G came in, the last 5 games of that season, the guy was still legit mobile. His first TD pass was a play where he scrambled to his left and threw a dart to Louis Murphy (correct me if I'm wrong). So athleticism for any QB who has any semblance of grasp on football (I'm not talking to you, CJ Beathard) covers a lot of the flaws. And buying time is a good thing when you're learning a new playbook. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I hope Saleh doesn't take the Lions job anyways. But I don't buy he didn't interview well. There has to be some hidden motives to leak that out. 

I'd bet a bad interview is often just personalities not meshing right away. The zoom interviews must be tougher on prospective coaches. If anything, old timers like Lewis have an advantage, because they've probably met everyone already.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I hope Saleh doesn't take the Lions job anyways. But I don't buy he didn't interview well. There has to be some hidden motives to leak that out. 

Lions beat writer said he heard the interview went well. Wilson is the same guy who said EB did not interview well with Atlanta

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

Lions beat writer said he heard the interview went well. Wilson is the same guy who said EB did not interview well with Atlanta

Yeah, here's the thing, Saleh is the one who has more than one option. He's highly regarded and sough after right now and likely will get more than one offer. Even if he didn't interview well, I doubt Detroit would leak this out. But I just find it hard to see him not interviewing well with how well he communicates and his personality. 

28 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

I'd bet a bad interview is often just personalities not meshing right away. The zoom interviews must be tougher on prospective coaches. If anything, old timers like Lewis have an advantage, because they've probably met everyone already.

I mean it's possible but still doesn't make sense why this was leaked out to Wilson. We shall see soon enough. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Javon Kinlaw walking around with a squirrel in his mouth. First suspension in NFL history for posting a video with a rodent in your mouth? So odd....

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/49ers-javon-kinlaw-posts-bizarre-video-squirrel-mouth-ig

Is there a suspension or is that just speculation on your part?  A lot of people legally hunt squirrels for food, I am sure with his income his is not required to do so but he might still have an enjoyment of the activity and have a taste for the food.  I just hope that he doesn't eat the brains as that has been linked to strange brain disorder.  

The man is big, let him eat.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, burlow said:

Is there a suspension or is that just speculation on your part?  A lot of people legally hunt squirrels for food, I am sure with his income his is not required to do so but he might still have an enjoyment of the activity and have a taste for the food.  I just hope that he doesn't eat the brains as that has been linked to strange brain disorder.  

The man is big, let him eat.

Just speculation on my part. Don't really know what the league deems inappropriate these days. Nothing will probably come of it, but I could definitely see someone getting all up in arms about it. 

Interesting. So doesn't look it will be a package deal with Saleh and Peters? 

Really would suck to lose Peters but honestly good for him if he can get a GM gig. When you lose as much coaching/FO talent as we will this offseason, that just shows how talented of a caoching staff and FO we had. The Pats have dealt with this for over two decades and if we are good for the foreseeable future, this is going to continue to happen. 

3 hours ago, GW21 said:

Javon Kinlaw walking around with a squirrel in his mouth. First suspension in NFL history for posting a video with a rodent in your mouth? So odd....

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/49ers-javon-kinlaw-posts-bizarre-video-squirrel-mouth-ig

Hopefully, if he can catch a squirrel, maybe he can catch Kyler and Russell.

• Like 3

Kyle Shanahan has been our HC for 4 seasons. He was the last HC hired in his hiring cycle due to coaching in the SB. He's already the tenth most tenured HC 

1. Bill Billichek, Patriots

2. Sean Payton, Saints

3. Mike Tomlin, Steelers

4. John Harbaugh, Ravens

5. Pete Carroll, Seahawks

6. Andy Reid, Chiefs

7. Mike Zimmer, Vikings

8. Sean McDermott, Bills

9. Sean McVay, Rams

10. Kyle Shanahan, 49ers

4 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

Kyle Shanahan has been our HC for 4 seasons. He was the last HC hired in his hiring cycle due to coaching in the SB. He's already the tenth most tenured HC 

1. Bill Billichek, Patriots

2. Sean Payton, Saints

3. Mike Tomlin, Steelers

4. John Harbaugh, Ravens

5. Pete Carroll, Seahawks

6. Andy Reid, Chiefs

7. Mike Zimmer, Vikings

8. Sean McDermott, Bills

9. Sean McVay, Rams

10. Kyle Shanahan, 49ers

I like this one

• Like 1