Minor Niner News Twos: Electric Boogaloos

y2lamanaki

57 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm still not convinced that Saleh takes LaFleur with him. Think he takes McDaniel with him, but either way good chance we lose both of these guys this offseason. Shanahan can no longer block these interviews or opportunities. 

Let's see who Shanahan has been grooming to take these two spots...Which you know he has been doing. 

Don't think we ever blocked someone from a position where they would get playcalling. We blocked LaFleur from the Packers where he wouldn't have playcalling and McDaniels from the Cardinals where he wouldn't have playcalling. 

Both Woods and Scangarello(we blocked him at first because they thought Kubiak would be the defacto OC) got an opportunity because they would get the playcalling.

11 minutes ago, GW21 said:

If you're the niners staff, the thing they should be focusing on is 100% that special teams number. the offense will self correct...the defense will be what it is because there's not a ton that we can do there. There's going to be changes. But figure out this damn return game and the gunners. 

2 hours ago, Justone2 said:

Don't think we ever blocked someone from a position where they would get playcalling. We blocked LaFleur from the Packers where he wouldn't have playcalling and McDaniels from the Cardinals where he wouldn't have playcalling. 

Both Woods and Scangarello(we blocked him at first because they thought Kubiak would be the defacto OC) got an opportunity because they would get the playcalling.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Scangarello unemployed at the moment (fired from Broncos)? I would welcome him back if we lost either/both LaFleur or McDaniels.

2 hours ago, Justone2 said:

Yeah, he's said he won't let his guys go if they aren't getting to call the plays.

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

If you're the niners staff, the thing they should be focusing on is 100% that special teams number. the offense will self correct...the defense will be what it is because there's not a ton that we can do there. There's going to be changes. But figure out this damn return game and the gunners. 

I've mentioned this all season. Our STs needs to be a strength not a weakness. Our return unit is not good and our return game is not good. Usually good defensive teams have good STs units but we don't. The offense is always going to be fine with a decent QB with Shanny running the show and our defense will likely always be top 10 as long as Bosa/Warner are here, but the STs unit cannot be this bad. It's pretty pathetic but once Mostert became a starting RB, it went downhill from there. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

If we had Jimmy, Kittle, Mostert, Deebo, Bosa, and Ford healthy all season, I think we'd be somewhere between the Bills and the Bucs offensively and between the Bucs and the Steelers defensively.

Agreed. 

27 minutes ago, GW21 said:

See a lot of guys on this list I would consider far less dominant than Patrick Willis during his stretch. Kind of lame, but I think he'll eventually get in. He should have been a first ballot guy IMO. 

I agree. I thought this was the year for sure...

and don't give me that longevity crap either. Its the same argument against Frank Gore.

PFF is predicting we re-sign these four played:

T Williams - 4 years 80M, 62.5M guaranteed 

Verrett - 2 years 10M

Tartt - 2 years 9M

K. Williams - 2 years 8M

I would be ecstatic with this outcome but think these figures are a bit low for everyone aside from Trent.