Minor Niner News Twos: Electric Boogaloos

y2lamanaki

Lot of information to process 

Mullens needs Tommy John surgery, thats a year long recovery process. So he's likely out for all of next season too. Since he was putting out some terrible tape lately, that may be his career. Wonder if we'll bring him in as a coach or something next season? 

What are some PS QB's worth looking at? Besides Josh Rosen, who i'm guessing would rather stay in TB to keep developing. Whoever we bring in as a PS QB might have a shot at playing this year too

Edited by 49ersfan

12 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Mullens needs Tommy John surgery, thats a year long recovery process. So he's likely out for all of next season too. Since he was putting out some terrible tape lately, that may be his career. Wonder if we'll bring him in as a coach or something next season? 

What are some PS QB's worth looking at? Besides Josh Rosen, who i'm guessing would rather stay in TB to keep developing. Whoever we bring in as a PS QB might have a shot at playing this year too

Wow, TJ for Mullens. That's not something you see often with QB's. Such a 2020 49ers thing to have happen. Being a die hard baseball fan and a former pitcher, this makes me shutter. Like you said, Mullens is done for 2021 and probably won't feel 100% throwing until early-to-mid 2022. It takes so long for the arm to be back to full strength and there is a ton of rust to knock off when your back. Most pitchers make a full recovery and regain their velocity, but it takes a long time to get back to that. It usually costs them a season and a half until they're back to normal.

This is likely a career-ender for Mullens. If he was a good starting QB, then he would likely be able to bounce back from it in 2022. But who is going to want to take a chance on a below-average to average backup recovering from TJ surgery? Mullens was a borderline NFL player before the injury. Can't imagine he'll be worthy of a roster spot after this.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Mostert is also done for the season 

I imagine the 49ers will finish the season 5-11, which will put us in the 7-10 range in the draft. This should put us in range for the #2-#4 QB, pretty much any CB we want, and probably any EDGE we want. I think those are the positions I'd be most focused on in the 1st, unless we trade down. 

Did you know that the team who has held the 7th overall pick in the draft since 2014 has had a record of 5-11? Strangely consistent. 

35 minutes ago, struby3 said:

This is likely a career-ender for Mullens. If he was a good starting QB, then he would likely be able to bounce back from it in 2022. But who is going to want to take a chance on a below-average to average backup recovering from TJ surgery? Mullens was a borderline NFL player before the injury. Can't imagine he'll be worthy of a roster spot after this.

Not to mention, his arm strength was his biggest weakness. So if he loses anything in that department, hes done. 

Sucks for him but I already said that he was a PS QB at best for me moving forward. I thought he was a good game manager, but he turns it over too much.

Garoppolo turns it over too much. Mullens turns it over too much. CJ might as well be a pancake he turns over so much. Brutal QB play for a QB friendly system. 

On 12/22/2020 at 12:45 PM, NinerNation21 said:

I imagine the 49ers will finish the season 5-11, which will put us in the 7-10 range in the draft. This should put us in range for the #2-#4 QB, pretty much any CB we want, and probably any EDGE we want. I think those are the positions I'd be most focused on in the 1st, unless we trade down. 

Did you know that the team who has held the 7th overall pick in the draft since 2014 has had a record of 5-11? Strangely consistent. 

Very sad we beat the rams! We would be sitting at 6, instead of the current 12

Edited by 49ers Finest

On 12/22/2020 at 12:45 PM, NinerNation21 said:

Not good enough for the QB I want lol. 

Go get me Wilson!

Although, I am weirdly intrigued a high amount by Trey Lance, I won't lie

There are some interesting potential coordinator openings across the NFL, and one question is what San Francisco will do if Robert Saleh lands a head coaching job. I’ve heard ex-Falcons coach Dan Quinn’s name raised for that DC job, should Saleh bolt, and current Falcons interim coach Raheem Morris is another name that can be tied to Kyle Shanahan. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/12/28/mmqb-week-16-ezekiel-elliott-cowboys-win-sam-darnold-noise-steelers

I wouldn't want Quinn as the DC, no way. Morris makes some sense as he is one of Kyle's best friends but I want someone young and willing to adjust. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

$3.7 mil per year (roughly). He was over $5 mil a year, so this is a nice win-win deal for both sides. I like it. 

Yep. We had to pick up the first half of hte option this week. We wanted to shave some of the money, but we gave him a bit more security with more money overall. Solid play for both parties. 

29 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So looks like Gould got put on the Covid list.

Spoon is one of the back up options to replace Gould. I so want to see that happen LOL. 

Pretty sure Spoon was a long-time soccer player before switching to Football in high school / college. I'm sure Spoon could boot a few if needed.