Minor Niner News Twos: Electric Boogaloos

y2lamanaki

Sherman very well may not return but this to me was a shrewd negotiation move. He said they have briefly talked but the situation at hand may prevent him from re-signing. To me that means the potential numbers they discussed were not on par of what Sherman wanted and now saying this he gets his name out even earlier to opposing teams. The cap may not be as low as people originally thought and we can get through it without handicapping the future. It will depends on if Ford is able to pass his physical and I guess what happens with Jimmy. What will be interesting is the type of offers Verrett gets elsewhere. He may end up being cheaper than Sherman despite playing at an pro bowl level this season. 

12 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Sherman very well may not return but this to me was a shrewd negotiation move. He said they have briefly talked but the situation at hand may prevent him from re-signing. To me that means the potential numbers they discussed were not on par of what Sherman wanted and now saying this he gets his name out even earlier to opposing teams. The cap may not be as low as people originally thought and we can get through it without handicapping the future. It will depends on if Ford is able to pass his physical and I guess what happens with Jimmy. What will be interesting is the type of offers Verrett gets elsewhere. He may end up being cheaper than Sherman despite playing at an pro bowl level this season. 

Verrett very well may end up being the cheaper option but I say agin, you cannot trust him to be available for 16 games. So it forces you to go out and get a competent back-up who has the ability to start multiple games. Not that Sherman has been the picture of health himself and he is older. But with Verrett, you basically have to sign two bodies for one spot so in the end he may not be that much cheaper.

• Like 5

Just now, 49erurtaza said:

If the cap stays the same we will have 42 million next season.

I think we make a big push to bring back Trent Williams and extend Warner. I'm hoping we can bring back Juice on a team friendly deal as well. Needless to say I think all of our money will be used on our own players. I don't expect us to be players in FA at all. Hopefully we can find a way to get out of Dee and Weston's bad contracts too like we did with McKinnon, although I don't have high hopes on that front. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I think we make a big push to bring back Trent Williams and extend Warner. I'm hoping we can bring back Juice on a team friendly deal as well. Needless to say I think all of our money will be used on our own players. I don't expect us to be players in FA at all. Hopefully we can find a way to get out of Dee and Weston's bad contracts too like we did with McKinnon, although I don't have high hopes on that front. 

so tell me how things will work for NO and Philly?

Just now, NcFinest9erFan said:

haha, I would if I could. I'm not a cap guru by any means, I just don't want to see us completely burry our team again like we did in the late 90s/early 2000s.

• Like 1

NO is not a major issue...i've looked into that, and their cap isn't as bad off as the number suggests. 

The eagles though? Holy hell. Their contracts are a disaster. I was talking about this with @N4L one night. Just brutal. everyone has ghost years and voidable years that escalate. It's a disaster. I think you could see a lot of june 1 cuts on guys like D-Jax and Alshon, which just hurts them for two years rather than one. A ton of dead money on everyone (that's why they should trade Wentz for anything that they can get for him...he's awful right now and it can't get better there because frankly they don't have the ammo to make the team better). They can get a little money from extending Barnett as opposed to playing him on the option. But it's a pretty gnarly set up. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Maybe we can find some cheap vets looking to win...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Forge said:

NO is not a major issue...i've looked into that, and their cap isn't as bad off as the number suggests. 

The eagles though? Holy hell. Their contracts are a disaster. I was talking about this with @N4L one night. Just brutal. everyone has ghost years and voidable years that escalate. It's a disaster. I think you could see a lot of june 1 cuts on guys like D-Jax and Alshon, which just hurts them for two years rather than one. A ton of dead money on everyone (that's why they should trade Wentz for anything that they can get for him...he's awful right now and it can't get better there because frankly they don't have the ammo to make the team better). They can get a little money from extending Barnett as opposed to playing him on the option. But it's a pretty gnarly set up. 

Yeah I believed that once they went to Hurts, they can't go back to Wentz.

I am all for us taking a stab at Wentz although the thought of him not mentally strong enough to block out al the Foles or Hurts noise scares me just a tad...

Maybe we can find some cheap vets looking to win...

I agree, we will still have guys like E-Man & Kevin Givens to re-up too and will definitely need to spend a good portion of our available money on depth players, whether that is internal to our team or via free agency. I had hopes that maybe Jamar Taylor could replace K'waun Williams, but he just blew out his knee, so I doubt he'll be ready or someone we can rely upon. Williams may be another guy we try to bring back too if the number doesn't get too high. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Yeah I believed that once they went to Hurts, they can't go back to Wentz.

I am all for us taking a stab at Wentz although the thought of him not mentally strong enough to block out al the Foles or Hurts noise scares me just a tad...

Doesn't he have a ridiculous cap number too though?