Minor Niner News Twos: Electric Boogaloos

y2lamanaki

1 hour ago, N4L said:

Hmmmm does this mean it will not be on fox? I wonder who will commentate. I am all for having streaming, but hopefully its not "exclusively" shown on streaming services. 

I've enjoyed watching games on Prime. Even though I generally don't like Thursday Night games. But I enjoy the easy access to stats and replays from the interface. That's the kind of things that streaming services should provide a whole lot more of. 

If it is streamed on twitch as stated its a free streaming service, you can download the app on any device or just go to the webpage on your computer if you dont want an app.  Much nicer than looking in shady areas of the internet for the people without sunday ticket and live out of market.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Is it worth getting out of Richburg's deal? @Forge

Yes...and his injury is an issue. It's used to often be a career ender, and while some players have had better luck with it recently, their careers have often still nose dived soon after coming back (Victor Cruz, Jimmy Graham). His final injury guarantee ran out this season. Cut him, save 5 million, sign Alex Mack as a short term solution 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

It's one of the most common career ending injuries there is, so not surprised 

Yea, knee injuries are always more difficult for lineman. And why do our players ALWAYS have setbacks post surgery and during their rehab??? They have to address this going forward...

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yes...and his injury is an issue. It's used to often be a career ender, and while some players have had better luck with it recently, their careers have often still nose dived soon after coming back (Victor Cruz, Jimmy Graham). His final injury guarantee ran out this season. Cut him, save 5 million, sign Alex Mack as a short term solution 

I wouldn't mind that even though Mack is slipping. Still an upgrade over who we have and someone Shanahan will have a lot of trust in. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I wouldn't mind that even though Mack is slipping. Still an upgrade over who we have and someone Shanahan will have a lot of trust in. 

Yeah, I figure the familiarity makes it an easy match. There are some other solid options like Corey Linsley, but I think we are also not going to want to spend an arm and a leg. We could draft Humphrey, but I think given the other needs on the team, that pick is probably best spent elsewhere than interior offensive line. We should make it a point to draft a center at some poit in this draft, however. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Ford likely won't be back unless we completely restructure his deal and I'm not sure how that works. Make the final two voidable and cut down his base to like 3 million maybe? 

The 49ers will definitely need to get creative this offseason. I just did a Manage the Roster exercise on Spotrac for the 2021 49ers and it was interesting to say the least:

NOTE: Don't get hung up on the figures. I did this in about 20 minutes based off of numbers on Spotrac and my guesses for 2021 cap figures for our free agents. I also went under market value on some guys with the idea of backloading some deals to make the 2021 cap work.

• Restructured Jimmy's contract - saved roughly $26 mil
  • Released Ford - saved $6.4 mil
  • Released Richburg - saved $3 mil
  • Declined Gould's club option - saved $3.7 mil
  • Released Nzeocha - saved $1.6 mil
  • Released Travis Benjamin - saved $1 mil
  • Released Brendel - saved $1 mil
  • Released Shon Coleman - saved $1 mil
  • Released Chris Thompson - saved $850k
  • Released Chris Edwards - saved $780k

Starting 2021 cap before releases: $21.5 mil / 2021 cap after releases: $66.4 mil

I re-signed the following FA's with their 2021 cap hit:

• Trent Williams - $10 mil
  • Juszczyk - $4.5 mil
  • K'Waun Williams - $3.2 mil
  • Bourne - $3 mil
  • Garland - $2.5 mil
  • Hyder - $2.5 mil
  • Mullens - RFA original round tender ($2.3 mil)
  • Verrett - $2 mil
  • Jones - $1.5 mil
  • Reed - $1.2 mil
  • Blair - $1.2 mil
  • Jamar Taylor - $950k
  • Wilson - $950k
  • Willis - $950k
  • Dwelley - $850k
  • Harris - $800k
  • Pepper - $750k
  • Givens - $750k
  • Moseley - ERFA tender ($750k)
  • Brunskill - ERFA tender ($750k)
  • Webster - ERFA tender ($750k)
  • Hasty - ERFA tender ($750k)

Remaining Cap after re-signings: $26.2 mil / Save $8 mil for draft class, which means we have about $18 mil to spend in free agency.

Biggest Needs Remaining:

• Starting Center - Garland would be the primary backup with Brunskill filling spot duties. Not many great C's on the market. I'd draft Wyatt Davis from Ohio St.
  • Starting Kicker - Lots of cheaper, younger options on the market than Gould.
  • RG (either starting or backup) - Either Garland/Brunskill/McKivitz starts and we draft a RG or we sign a vet to start
  • Reserve EDGE - Draft a rookie to groom behind Hyder and Willis. Not sure when Blair gets back on the field
  • Reserve CB - Draft an outside corner. Williams and Taylor have the nickel role secure
  • Reserve RB - draft a rookie. Need 4 RB's to be safe
  • Reserve FS - Moore and Ward start. Draft a rookie to fill in behind them along with Harris
  • Reserve ILB - Draft a rookie or sign cheap vet. Fill Walker/Nzeocha role
  • Reserve WR - Draft a slot guy to hedge the bet on Hurd/James slot role
Edited by NinerNation21