The culture that is the Cleveland Browns (Plus guess Garrett's Suspension length)

brownie man

To who's fault is our culture?   

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who's most to blame for this specific 2019 Browns team culture

• Jimmy Haslam
    • John Dorsey
    • Freddie Kitches
    • Baker Mayfield
  2. 2. How many games is Garrett suspened for

• Rest of the season
    • other
  3. 3. Does Freddie have control of the locker room?

• Yes
    • No

14 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I disagree 

culture holds you back from making stupid decisions 

that’s why the patriots are always low in the league when it comes to penalties even though they get new players every year 

Yeah nobody has ever gotten into trouble with the Patriots.

The culture made Patrick Chung get rid of that booger sugar.

The culture made Aaron Hernandez an upstanding citizen.

The culture changed Antonio Brown from a me-first guy into a team-first guy.

The culture changed Josh Gordon. He completely stopped smoking weed and making bad decisions.

The culture stopped Gronk from doing something similar. It also stopped him from partying like an animal every weekend.

And those are just the guys I can think of off the top of my head.

Don't be the joke, dude.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, roger murdock said:

Its clear the players have 0 respect for the coaches and have absolutely no discipline or intelligence. Thats on coaching. Myles should be responsible for himself. But the discipline is a systemic problem infecting all areas of the team. Myles will be gone for the year.

You are absolutely correct.  This is just the the last straw of a team problem.  Many of our players, mostly on the defense, play out of control.  We consistently shoot ourselves in the foot with dumb penalties, late hits, unnecessary roughness after the plays, etc., etc. to somehow make up for their getting beat on the play.  How many drives were killed, how many games were lost because of a lack of discipline?  Our staff has apparently ignored these incidents.  I think we need to start fining players for these penalties.  These guys are hurting the team.  Do they actually think they won't get caught? 

And worse, this just gives the officials even more reason to continue to favor our opponents.

Freddie et, al., you gotta do something or the Browns will never get the call.  Change the culture.

7 hours ago, matt27j said:

Done for season for sure. Not like super bowl was inbound anyways. Myles exemplified how even an ordinarily great guy can be driven to do something terrible.

Rudolph exemplified the entitled, spoiled, bully attitude of a lot of teams and fans have. Don't be a bully and you won't end up having helmets swung at your head. Basic life stuff there.

Too bad this had to happen to serve as a reminder that human beings still do have primal lines that can be crossed regardless of however safe a situation appears.

Rudolph was being a sore loser. We've lost for 20 yrs without trying to provoke the other team like that.

You actually think you can run and charge him screaming while he has your helmet in his hand and that nothing bad may happen?

If he did end up with a serious injury ultimately he'd be just as much to blame for putting himself in that position.

One thing for sure is that not many will be talking crap to Myles or running up punching him in the face anymore. If that's how he is when he's winning I'd hate to see how he is if he truly does become a bad guy.

Rudolph will be playing next week, Miles won't.  Who's getting the lesson?

6 hours ago, Don Roshi said:

I’d rather Mason isn’t suspended. He was awful. With or without Garrett, he ain’t recording a win against us in two weeks.

Steelers are done. They just got manhandled.

Not really, Baker was in much more trouble than Mason was.  Our pass rush if you can call it that gave Mason time all day.  What will it be without Miles.

17 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Yeah nobody has ever gotten into trouble with the Patriots.

The culture made Patrick Chung get rid of that booger sugar.

The culture made Aaron Hernandez an upstanding citizen.

The culture changed Antonio Brown from a me-first guy into a team-first guy.

The culture changed Josh Gordon. He completely stopped smoking weed and making bad decisions.

The culture stopped Gronk from doing something similar. It also stopped him from partying like an animal every weekend.

And those are just the guys I can think of off the top of my head.

Don't be the joke, dude.

We lead the league in penalties 

We lead the league in ejected players 

Our “best” defensive player is getting suspended the rest of the season for swinging a helmet at another player 

I don’t have the be the joke

Browns already did that for me 

25 minutes ago, sonny44 said:

Not really, Baker was in much more trouble than Mason was.  Our pass rush if you can call it that gave Mason time all day.  What will it be without Miles.

I'm not so sure about that.....there was plenty of pressure.....NFL QB's dont throw 4 INT's and a Fumble because they have "All day in the pocket".....we got 4 sacks last night  (and there were two more that should have been called down "In the grass") but Ogunjobi, Chad Thomas, Joe Scho and Justin Burris all had sacks last night.....Morgan Burnett missed an easy one, and twice should have been "In the Grasp" with Garret and Ogunjobi....

If you want to be a sorry Browns fan go ahead. It's why we've continue to lose and get whooped so often. 

Or...you can realize we actually have guys now that aren't afraid to bring it just like other teams have. There are consequences and they are willing to endure those. Much worse has been done using the helmet as a spear.

If the OL started playing with the same kind of attitude Myles being suspended isn't going to matter.

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

I took a quick peek into the Steelers forum.  I read two comments, both of which said that Myles Garrett should be suspended not just for this season but for next season. 

These guys are worse than ESPN. Considering their reputation as a franchise. If you are going to pretend to be a rugged fan base, and your guys have a tradition of playing dirty, don’t act so soft and offended.

2 Steelers fans were talking in the office.  Both said he should be kicked out of the NFL. 

My reply

Rudolph wanted some smoke, then he got it. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, brownie man said:

We lead the league in penalties 

It's sooo unfair to blame Freddie for our team being the most penalized team in football. You obviously just hate Freddie and have an agenda. Players control penalties; coaches have nothing to do with it. Freddie said it himself "He doesn't coach penalties." So, end of story. 

He's a good to great coach. A lot of you guys criticizing him are just miserable fans. 

I mean.. wake-up man. Geesh. We beat the Mason Rudolph Steelers after and had it 14-7 all game. We had that 1 really good Ravens win this season. We beat the Jets and the amazing QB Josh Allen led Buffalo Bills by a few points at home.

Beat the Steelres+the Ravens in the same season == Freddie doesn't deserve criticism and if you do criticize him you're miserable. Did I mention we beat the Mason Rudolph Steelers and Ravens in the same year..

So what we were totally undisciplined and penalty prone all game again. That's the Steelers fault.

We're 4-6. After we go out and beat the Dolphins and Bengals twice maybe then you'll finally stop being so miserable and finally acknowledge how good our coaching is.

Edited by Mind Character

2 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

It's sooo unfair to blame Freddie for our team being the most penalized team in football. You obviously just hate Freddie and have an agenda. Players control penalties; coaches have nothing to do with it. Freddie said it himself "He doesn't coach penalties." So, end of story. 

He's a good to great coach. A lot of you guys criticizing him are just miserable fans. 

I mean.. wake-up man. Geesh. We beat the Mason Rudolph Steelers after and had it 14-7 all game. We had that 1 really good Ravens win this season. 

Beat the Steelres+the Ravens== Freddie doesn't deserve any criticism at all.

So what we were totally undisciplined and penalty prone all game again. That's the Steelers fault.

We're 4-6. After we go out and beat the Dolphins and Bengals twice maybe then you'll finally stop being so miserable and finally acknowledge how good our coaching is.

I would take this post more seriously if you weren't the one who defended the 1-31 Hue Jackson for ages.