GDT - The Greatest QB of All Time, Propagator of World Peace, The D-Town Demigod, The Metroplex Messiah: Rayne Dakota "Dak Attack" Prescott !! @ that one actor from Ted 2 thom brady

DaBoys

4 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

I get how badly everyone wants Garrett out, and arguably so. He isn't going to get any better than he is at this point.

But don't blame this loss on anyone but the officials. Dallas was in this game up to the end. They had NE right where they wanted them, down less then 1 score, all timeouts, 2 minute warning, moving the ball, etc.

That was a bogus call, the 2nd time in the game. The officials basically said "enough, game over."

Even if Cooper makes the catch on 4th down, we weren't going to be allowed to win. Period.

So curb you Garrett talk for another game when HE actually blows the game. We got fu@ked! That's it.

I agree 100% on refs. But Garrett had Dallas again start out slow. Showed his true lack of balls, just to name a few..

23 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

I get how badly everyone wants Garrett out, and arguably so. He isn't going to get any better than he is at this point.

But don't blame this loss on anyone but the officials. Dallas was in this game up to the end. They had NE right where they wanted them, down less then 1 score, all timeouts, 2 minute warning, moving the ball, etc.

That was a bogus call, the 2nd time in the game. The officials basically said "enough, game over."

Even if Cooper makes the catch on 4th down, we weren't going to be allowed to win. Period.

So curb you Garrett talk for another game when HE actually blows the game. We got fu@ked! That's it.

Ya, Without a doubt the Cowboys were poised to score a TD on that drive.... It definitely wouldn't have fizzled out on the next set of downs or in the Red Zone

100% certainty

Were there 58 other minutes in this game, or only the last 2?

19 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

Ya, Without a doubt the Cowboys were poised to score a TD on that drive.... It definitely wouldn't have fizzled out on the next set of downs or in the Red Zone

100% certainty

Were there 58 other minutes in this game, or only the last 2?

Nobody is saying that. But this game was a chess match all the way. Weather played a huge factor. 

But if the game is to be decided, let the players do it. I would have loved to see just how good Dak truly is and he was robbed of that opportunity over a bull**** call.

THATS the point!

But go ahead short sight, make all the remarks you like. 

58 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I agree 100% on refs. But Garrett had Dallas again start out slow. Showed his true lack of balls, just to name a few..

Agreed, I was yelling they should run the ball, grind it out, let their o line hit someone. 

But this game was not played to win, it was played not to lose. It was 1 play that made the difference in the game, the blocked punt.

Both teams played hard but also safe. 

With all that said the stage was set for Dak,  Garrett, Zeke, Coop, etc to take the next step. 

And what's more, the play worked, they had the 1st down. Momentum building, clock killing drive, punch it in, win the game.

What I am saying is the officials were not going to let that happen. We got hosed, win and simple.

But I'm pissed more because we will never know just how good Dak could have been today. And I really thought he was going to lead them to a TD. 

Edited by Rtnldave

28 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Agreed, I was yelling they should run the ball, grind it out, let their o line hit someone. 

But this game was not played to win, it was played not to lose. It was 1 play that made the difference in the game, the blocked punt.

Both teams played hard but also safe. 

With all that said the stage was set for Dak,  Garrett, Zeke, Coop, etc to take the next step. 

And what's more, the play worked, they had the 1st down. Momentum building, clock killing drive, punch it in, win the game.

What I am saying is the officials were not going to let that happen. We got hosed, win and simple.

But I'm pissed more because we will never know just how good Dak could have been today. And I really thought he was going to lead them to a TD. 

LOL

If you don't think Garrett would have quashed the rest of that drive with his crappy coaching then you haven't been paying attention for the last 9 years

The Pats defense wasn't going to lay down and Garrett doesn't have the chops to overcome it

All we needed to see was him chicken out and take the FG when they were down 13-6 and had 4th and 7 from inside the 20

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

LOL

If you don't think Garrett would have quashed the rest of that drive with his crappy coaching then you haven't been paying attention for the last 9 years

The Pats defense wasn't going to lay down and Garrett doesn't have the chops to overcome it

All we needed to see was him chicken out and take the FG when they were down 13-6 and had 4th and 7 from inside the 20

Maybe you're right. But I still wanted the opportunity. That's what I'm pissed about. That BS call, it had nothing to do with the play. The ball was coming out, the catch was about to be made and the 1st down achieved.

And what's more, it wasn't tripping. Just robbed us of giving our QB a chance to shut up the nay sayers. To take the next step. Just sucks, that's all.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Maybe you're right. But I still wanted the opportunity. That's what I'm pissed about. That BS call, it had nothing to do with the play. The ball was coming out, the catch was about to be made and the 1st down achieved.

And what's more, it wasn't tripping. Just robbed us of giving our QB a chance to shut up the nay sayers. To take the next step. Just sucks, that's all.

Garrett’s gutless playcalling was a much bigger factor than the phony tripping calls. 

2 hours ago, TVScout said:

Cowboys actually outplayed the Pats in terms of stats.

321 to 282 in total yards.

5.4 to 4.3 average gain per play.

Stats for rushing and passing averages are similarly in our favor. 

We lost the game because of that blocked punt.

Stats don’t mean ****

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

Lol.  You’re still an amateur at this.  I told everyone BEFORE the game how this game was going to end.  I told everyone DURING the game how this was going to end.  It had little to do with officiating and everything to do with coaching.  Pats made plays on special teams.  We made errors.  Pats forced a TO.  We didn’t.  Pats played aggressively on defense.  We played beyond vanilla and allowed a 3rd and 20 conversion.  Pats made plays in the red zone.  We didn’t.  Pats got off to a good start like they always do.  We were shutout in the first quarter like we always are.  

I knew new and predicted that we had 1 way to win this game... offensive explosion but also said early in the week that weather would be a factor limiting offense making it a conservative game offensively.  But the pats had 3 ways to win the game... offensively, defensively and special teams.  

See you can whine about officiating... every team can find something to whine about on every play.  But we lost because JG and Kellen Moore couldn’t figure out a way to score a TD in 4 trips on the Pats side of the field.  We lost because we took 2 penalties while the patriots were discombobulated on defensive punt return.  Think about that sequence for a minute... Plan9 is 100% right.  JG should have been left freezing his arse off on the tarmac if for no other reason that we can’t either punt the ball or throw to an uncovered gunner.  He should get ish canned because he couldn’t get his kickoff return team to figure out the a football doesn’t go as far when it’s kicked into the wind and driving rain.  Every time pats kicked off into the wind was a near disaster for when we should have had GREAT field position.

JG is an effing idiot.  I’ve been begging for the guy to get replaced since for years.  It’s long overdue.  It’s one more wasted season just liked he wasted Romo’s Prime years.  He’s wasting another talented roster.

Edited by The_Slamman
  • Like 2

Wow.  Amazing it really is amazing how much hate this board has for JG blaming him for this loss.   

Dak has as terrible game special teams mess up. I just am sore it’s JG fault that Dak threw that interception I know I will blame JG on special teams like everyone but that is just heat of the moment and dissatisfaction with mistakes by our players on a regular basis on special teams  blocks happen rarely and are just luck of the draw didn’t we get a block late in a game on a FG this year ...   and I would hazard a guess our returners were warned the kick off into the wind would be short sense the previous two were as well.   

The hate in kicking a FG I don’t get the team needed two scores to win the game period.  Why risk everything trying to get the TD there when ultimately we would need another score any way be it regulation or OT and frankly it worked out though our D let us down again. And here is where you can pile in JG as he is ultimately responsible For the fact that our D seems to be overmatched and out schemed.   As that last drive was the only drive in the game NE was effective throwing the ball down field

this concelt

complaint playing to not loose makes no sense to me either    I would agree early in his career JG with Romo was bad about that and deserved the criticism.  But I have not seen it the past few years with Dak it was there his rookie year a bit and the playoff game with GB settling for a FG not trying for a winning TD

it just a little frustrating because yes JG May not be the best coach on game day or even. Close to the top ten but he does get Thai team ready to play and blaming him for slow starts is crazy that’s all in the players and failed execution at wrong times   I also have to laugh when he gets ripped for clapping.   Do you really think JG doesn’t care when the players mess up do something stupid.  Yeah I know you all want he to yell scream like we do when we watch the games but come on now 

a lot of this in a way reminds me of the Romo fumble on the FG against Seattle how many years did it take for people to stop using that play a reason to say Romo wasn’t a. Good QB.  

Point is JG has a lot of issues and weakness as a head coach but it’s unfair to blame everything that goes wrong on him 

and I also am mad that fans and players for that matter can not call out refs performance and have the refs be held up to the same standards the players are 

its just telling that on the cowboy main site refs calls are listed as two of the five key plays in the game.  Which if I am listing my five in order

1-blocked punt -   This is just a good team making a play 

2- the interception.  Bad pass by Dak he can not make that pass but Cobb wasn’t helping his QB didn’t run a good route there as he broke it up field 

3-the penalty followed by missed FG.  It would have change the whole complexion of the game if we had scored first for a change 

4-the weather   Yeah i know but there it is our team was hampered by the weather more NE has not had any real vertical game for weeks while we have been killing it with our vertical game the wind rain eliminates that from our game plan our strength 

5- the penalties the two back to back in the punt cost us huge field position and the two bogus tripping calls stopped drives and ultimately prevented us from having a real shot at winning the game late

12 minutes ago, quiller said:

Wow.  Amazing it really is amazing how much hate this board has for JG blaming him for this loss.   

Dak has as terrible game special teams mess up. I just am sore it’s JG fault that Dak threw that interception I know I will blame JG on special teams like everyone but that is just heat of the moment and dissatisfaction with mistakes by our players on a regular basis on special teams  blocks happen rarely and are just luck of the draw didn’t we get a block late in a game on a FG this year ...   and I would hazard a guess our returners were warned the kick off into the wind would be short sense the previous two were as well.   

The hate in kicking a FG I don’t get the team needed two scores to win the game period.  Why risk everything trying to get the TD there when ultimately we would need another score any way be it regulation or OT and frankly it worked out though our D let us down again. And here is where you can pile in JG as he is ultimately responsible For the fact that our D seems to be overmatched and out schemed.   As that last drive was the only drive in the game NE was effective throwing the ball down field

this concelt

complaint playing to not loose makes no sense to me either    I would agree early in his career JG with Romo was bad about that and deserved the criticism.  But I have not seen it the past few years with Dak it was there his rookie year a bit and the playoff game with GB settling for a FG not trying for a winning TD

it just a little frustrating because yes JG May not be the best coach on game day or even. Close to the top ten but he does get Thai team ready to play and blaming him for slow starts is crazy that’s all in the players and failed execution at wrong times   I also have to laugh when he gets ripped for clapping.   Do you really think JG doesn’t care when the players mess up do something stupid.  Yeah I know you all want he to yell scream like we do when we watch the games but come on now 

a lot of this in a way reminds me of the Romo fumble on the FG against Seattle how many years did it take for people to stop using that play a reason to say Romo wasn’t a. Good QB.  

Point is JG has a lot of issues and weakness as a head coach but it’s unfair to blame everything that goes wrong on him 

and I also am mad that fans and players for that matter can not call out refs performance and have the refs be held up to the same standards the players are 

its just telling that on the cowboy main site refs calls are listed as two of the five key plays in the game.  Which if I am listing my five in order

1-blocked punt -   This is just a good team making a play 

2- the interception.  Bad pass by Dak he can not make that pass but Cobb wasn’t helping his QB didn’t run a good route there as he broke it up field 

3-the penalty followed by missed FG.  It would have change the whole complexion of the game if we had scored first for a change 

4-the weather   Yeah i know but there it is our team was hampered by the weather more NE has not had any real vertical game for weeks while we have been killing it with our vertical game the wind rain eliminates that from our game plan our strength 

5- the penalties the two back to back in the punt cost us huge field position and the two bogus tripping calls stopped drives and ultimately prevented us from having a real shot at winning the game late

Sorry, but the simple way I see it is there is far more evidence pointing that JG is a bad coach than there is evidence of JG being a good coach. When it's all said and done what does he have his hat to hang on after 10 12 13 years of being a coach with the Dallas Cowboys?

30 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Sorry, but the simple way I see it is there is far more evidence pointing that JG is a bad coach than there is evidence of JG being a good coach. When it's all said and done what does he have his hat to hang on after 10 12 13 years of being a coach with the Dallas Cowboys?

What does he have? Nothing. He’s the NFC’s version of Marvin Lewis, only with more talented rosters.

Then again, I’m not sure that’s even accurate. Marvin Lewis always had to compete against perennial contenders in Pittsburgh and Baltimore, he’s a genuinely likable guy. The same can’t be said about Jason Garrett. Plus, I’ve never felt a burning desire to thunder punch Marvin Lewis in the face every time he spoke. I can’t make that statement about Jason Garrett.

Edited by plan9misfit
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

Lol.  You’re still an amateur at this.  I told everyone BEFORE the game how this game was going to end.  I told everyone DURING the game how this was going to end.  It had little to do with officiating and everything to do with coaching.  Pats made plays on special teams.  We made errors.  Pats forced a TO.  We didn’t.  Pats played aggressively on defense.  We played beyond vanilla and allowed a 3rd and 20 conversion.  Pats made plays in the red zone.  We didn’t.  Pats got off to a good start like they always do.  We were shutout in the first quarter like we always are.  

I knew new and predicted that we had 1 way to win this game... offensive explosion but also said early in the week that weather would be a factor limiting offense making it a conservative game offensively.  But the pats had 3 ways to win the game... offensively, defensively and special teams.  

See you can whine about officiating... every team can find something to whine about on every play.  But we lost because JG and Kellen Moore couldn’t figure out a way to score a TD in 4 trips on the Pats side of the field.  We lost because we took 2 penalties while the patriots were discombobulated on defensive punt return.  Think about that sequence for a minute... Plan9 is 100% right.  JG should have been left freezing his arse off on the tarmac if for no other reason that we can’t either punt the ball or throw to an uncovered gunner.  He should get ish canned because he couldn’t get his kickoff return team to figure out the a football doesn’t go as far when it’s kicked into the wind and driving rain.  Every time pats kicked off into the wind was a near disaster for when we should have had GREAT field position.

JG is an effing idiot.  I’ve been begging for the guy to get replaced since for years.  It’s long overdue.  It’s one more wasted season just liked he wasted Romo’s Prime years.  He’s wasting another talented roster.

Preach!