GDT - The Greatest QB of All Time, Propagator of World Peace, The D-Town Demigod, The Metroplex Messiah: Rayne Dakota "Dak Attack" Prescott !! @ that one actor from Ted 2 thom brady

DaBoys

20 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

Lol.  You’re still an amateur at this.  I told everyone BEFORE the game how this game was going to end.  I told everyone DURING the game how this was going to end.  It had little to do with officiating and everything to do with coaching.  Pats made plays on special teams.  We made errors.  Pats forced a TO.  We didn’t.  Pats played aggressively on defense.  We played beyond vanilla and allowed a 3rd and 20 conversion.  Pats made plays in the red zone.  We didn’t.  Pats got off to a good start like they always do.  We were shutout in the first quarter like we always are.  

I knew new and predicted that we had 1 way to win this game... offensive explosion but also said early in the week that weather would be a factor limiting offense making it a conservative game offensively.  But the pats had 3 ways to win the game... offensively, defensively and special teams.  

See you can whine about officiating... every team can find something to whine about on every play.  But we lost because JG and Kellen Moore couldn’t figure out a way to score a TD in 4 trips on the Pats side of the field.  We lost because we took 2 penalties while the patriots were discombobulated on defensive punt return.  Think about that sequence for a minute... Plan9 is 100% right.  JG should have been left freezing his arse off on the tarmac if for no other reason that we can’t either punt the ball or throw to an uncovered gunner.  He should get ish canned because he couldn’t get his kickoff return team to figure out the a football doesn’t go as far when it’s kicked into the wind and driving rain.  Every time pats kicked off into the wind was a near disaster for when we should have had GREAT field position.

JG is an effing idiot.  I’ve been begging for the guy to get replaced since for years.  It’s long overdue.  It’s one more wasted season just liked he wasted Romo’s Prime years.  He’s wasting another talented roster.

You call me an amatuer? Okay. I say you are beating a dead horse with this Garrett ish. 

I'm not saying he would have coached us to a victory. I'm not seeing he did a good job in the game. What I am saying is, in spite of everything he did wrong, he and us, were robbed of the opportunity to rectify all of that with a chance to put together a drive and win.

It was an example of the REFS deciding the outcome of a game and it was bogus.

If you are saying in order for a team to have a chance to win in this league they need a coach who can game plan in spite of calls designed to screw you out of a win then I say good luck with that.

Tell me this, if they did go down and score and win and his play calling was masterful for 1 drive, what would you have to say?

Just curious

Right. We kicked the fg instead of going for a 4th and long 7. Knowing that our defense was probably going to get us the ball back. It's not like the Pats were lighting us up on the scoreboard. We DID get the ball back, and if we had been allowed to continue our drive we may have won the game. 

Had we failed to convert that 4th and 7, and got the ball back and scored we would have been tied after a TD. 

Then everyone would be complaining about how dumb JG is for NOT kicking the FG 

To me it’s less the decision to kick on 4th and 7 and more the low-percentage end zone shots on 2nd and 3rd down that preceded it. Followed by Garrett throwing Moore under the bus by saying that that’s not a time that he (Garrett) should insert himself into the game and influence playcalling.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

To me it’s less the decision to kick on 4th and 7 and more the low-percentage end zone shots on 2nd and 3rd down that preceded it. Followed by Garrett throwing Moore under the bus by saying that that’s not a time that he (Garrett) should insert himself into the game and influence playcalling.

If I were Garrett I would take over playcalling at this point. Not saying that would be good for us, but if I were him I wouldn't let someone else gamble with my future.

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

Right. We kicked the fg instead of going for a 4th and long 7. Knowing that our defense was probably going to get us the ball back. It's not like the Pats were lighting us up on the scoreboard. We DID get the ball back, and if we had been allowed to continue our drive we may have won the game. 

Had we failed to convert that 4th and 7, and got the ball back and scored we would have been tied after a TD. 

Then everyone would be complaining about how dumb JG is for NOT kicking the FG 

52 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I don't know if he has lost the team but he has lost the fan base. He can't make a good decision in our eyes. 

Yea.....but it's not just decision on 4th and 7.

Edited by HDsportsfan

22 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

If I were Garrett I would take over playcalling at this point. Not saying that would be good for us, but if I were him I wouldn't let someone else gamble with my future.

Might as well be the captain and go down with the ship swinging.

Edited by HDsportsfan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, D82 said:

After seeing the way the offense ran the last few weeks compared to the beginning of the season, who's to say he isn't interfering? 

Hard to say....according to JG he doesn't like to inject himself into tense situations. LOL

Who the hell knows. I'm still a bit intrigued by Moore and would like to know if he has full control or when he does get full control and see what he can do.

24 minutes ago, D82 said:

After seeing the way the offense ran the last few weeks compared to the beginning of the season, who's to say he isn't interfering? 

He is the one saying it. I think it would be hard for him to lie to the Dallas media and have the support of those being interfered with.

But after watching professional football in 2019, I'll admit I have no idea what interference is anymore 

Edited by DaBoys

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/crew-moved-cowboys-first-down-marker-in-patriots-game-what-happened-155428526.html

There was a mistake, but it seems to have come on the spot of the ball. Here’s the official play-by-play:

2-8-DAL 49 (4:33) D.Prescott pass deep middle to M.Gallup to NE 29 for 22 yards (D.Harmon) [D.Wise]. P9

PENALTY on NE-D.Wise, Roughing the Passer, 15 yards, enforced at NE 29. X10

1-10-NE 14 (4:03) E.Elliott right guard to NE 11 for 3 yards (D.Hightower, J.Collins).

Except the ball wasn’t spotted at the 14-yard line for first down. It was at the 15, for whatever reason. And presumably, the chain gang was off by a yard too, and fixed it after Dallas’ first-down play.

No, officials weren’t just randomly moving the first-down marker in the middle of a series of downs to help the Patriots.