Offseason Work to do

mwalker

30 minutes ago, Shady Slim said:

still sort of hoping we can steal hurts in the late third but i'm not too certain of the chances... so excited for day two, first time in my time following the NFL we won't have any involvement D1

I wouldn’t mind him at 102 to be honest, he doesn’t make it there though.

Here is a good thread on Shenault and good examples of why I like him so much. Will be an absolute steal and game breaker if his health holds up. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

I wouldn’t mind him at 102 to be honest, he doesn’t make it there though.

Here is a good thread on Shenault and good examples of why I like him so much. Will be an absolute steal and game breaker if his health holds up. 

I really like Shenault too

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

I wish we would kick the tires on Percy Harvin and bring him in on a vet min deal.

Why?

He was never anything more than an average, injury prone WR.....and now he will be 32 and hasnt played in 4 years.

Absolutely not.   If we are going to sign an aging WR, Id rather sign Demaryius Thomas.   

42 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Why?

He was never anything more than an average, injury prone WR.....and now he will be 32 and hasnt played in 4 years.

Absolutely not.   If we are going to sign an aging WR, Id rather sign Demaryius Thomas.   

I said kick the tires, not sign him to a big contract and have him start over JuJu. In his prime he’s exactly what our offense could use right now as a part-time explosive dynamic that we are sorely lacking. Who knows if he still has any of that speed left after taking a few years off but what would it hurt to bring him in to camp?

Edit: And no to Thomas who has shown on the field that he’s completely cooked due to injuries. 

Edited by bigben07MVP
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

I said kick the tires, not sign him to a big contract and have him start over JuJu. In his prime he’s exactly what our offense could use right now as a part-time explosive dynamic that we are sorely lacking. Who knows if he still has any of that speed left after taking a few years off but what would it hurt to bring him in to camp?

Edit: And no to Thomas who has shown on the field that he’s completely cooked due to injuries. 

No to DT because of injuries, but yes to Harvin?   You do realize Harvin retired due to his injury history, right?  His speed was already affected his final 2 years....that was 5 years ago.

I dont particularly want Thomas either, but Id take him over Harvin.

24 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

No to DT because of injuries, but yes to Harvin?   You do realize Harvin retired due to his injury history, right?  His speed was already affected his final 2 years....that was 5 years ago.

I dont particularly want Thomas either, but Id take him over Harvin.

Yes but Harvin has been able to rest and cover his legs and injuries for a few years. He still had plenty of juice the last time we saw him. What exactly is the downside of seeing if he still has something left?

Edited by bigben07MVP

56 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I really wanna be excited for this upcoming season but my gut is telling me that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are winning the Super Bowl against the Ravens

To feel better, just look up Arians sack numbers. Bucs are real fun on paper, but has a downfield attacking team and coach with a declining QB and a history of getting QBs smacked around. Gonna be interesting. 

And I just have a hard time seeing the Ravens repeating what they did on offense last year. Not that they won’t be good, but I don’t see them throttling people again. I’m more scared of the Chiefs. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I really wanna be excited for this upcoming season but my gut is telling me that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are winning the Super Bowl against the Ravens

Not out of the question, but I really question how Brady's arm is going to hold up.    

He was still pretty good last year and now he has top weapons, but this isnt 2007 Tom Brady.

• Like 3