Week 13 GDT: Packers at NY (Football) Giants

squire12

1 minute ago, Toddfather said:

A win is a win, hopefully they take something from this and keep going. You can only play your scedule so hopefully we see improvements against some of the softer teams on it.

Yep .. Take the win and be happy about it.  We will need to be a lot better in the playoffs, but you have to get their first.  This was a must win and we got it. 

• Like 2

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

He really struggles against zone .. Is pretty good at times against man. 

Agreed,

We can play like today in pretty much every game the rest of the year expect vs Minny and playoffs. Gotta run more man concepts or we’ll get picked apart against plus teams

Overall nice win for the team. The Giants last drive kind of skewed the D yards per play (was 4.5ish ended 5.2). D was good. Still wish we played more aggressive on third and medium. Too often we give up uncontested stick route plays in that situation. I get you don’t want to get beat deep, but Jones isn’t going to do that. Bury him.

The O had a nice day as well. Williams physical play on a day like today was nice. Lazard deserves PT. Jones struggled but it didn’t really matter

I'm done getting worked up about the flaws of this team.  They looked to me like maybe a 9-7 team heading into the season, and quite honestly they still do... but they are 9-3.  Going to take some time appreciate that this team has exceed my expectations, rather than dwelling on what my revised expectations may have been after the team started 7-1.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

I'm done getting worked up about the flaws of this team.  They looked to me like maybe a 9-7 team heading into the season, and quite honestly they still do... but they are 9-3.  Going to take some time appreciate that this team has exceed my expectations, rather than dwelling on what my revised expectations may have been after the team started 7-1.

Yeah this is how I feel too. I'll gladly take a playoff berth and hopefully a division title this year from a team that's still retooling the roster and with a new coaching staff in yr1 of its operation. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Also, I didn't watch every snap, but did Bulaga pitch a shut out on a week of no practice with a sprained MCL?

Ximines was no opposition for him.

I didnt watch everything either, but from what I saw Ximines wasnt getting anything.

Edited by HighCalebR