Week 13 GDT: Packers at NY (Football) Giants

squire12

9 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Aaron idiot Rodgers screws us over again with those 4 TDS and no INT in the snow. If only we had Daniel Jones. 

Does him playing like **** multiple games before playing well against a 2 win team make you think you are justified in being the gate keeper of Rodgers hate? 

Serious question.

Edited by Norm
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Lol, gate keeper? 

"Lol" yes, you get so whiny and offended about it. You take it more personal than anyone else. If anyone here is the gate keeper of it all, it's you.

Now answer my question.

Do you feel justified that he played well against a 2 win team when he had maybe he's worst game ever last week? 

Or is this just you struggling to latch onto any sarcastic bs left because you got into too deep in defending him and can't take a step back anymore?

Edited by Norm

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Were you in the snow/rain/ice storm and freezing temperatures region on the country?

Pretty much, though the ten hours bit was highly unusual. Last time it took that long or longer to restore power, the culprit was a fierce windstorm that knocked out a quarter of Wisconsin.

Post game, post drunk thoughts:

What were they thinking on the challenge in the first quarter?

Aaron finally threw the ball to MVS, but for once, he should have thrown it to Davante :D

The defense did pretty well with footing.  I expected a lot of falling down and big gains.

Giants had that one ridiculously long drive with two conversions on fourth down.  Our offense was not on the field for much of the second quarter.  I am not sure how that is remedied.  Possibly a team that actually has something to lose doesn't go for it on fourth in their own territory? 

Lazard had a good game.

This is why we have Jamaal Williams to go with Aaron Jones.  

Kenny Clark looked beastly a few times.

2 hours ago, Norm said:

"Lol" yes, you get so whiny and offended about it. You take it more personal than anyone else. If anyone here is the gate keeper of it all, it's you.

Now answer my question.

Do you feel justified that he played well against a 2 win team when he had maybe he's worst game ever last week? 

Or is this just you struggling to latch onto any sarcastic bs left because you got into too deep in defending him and can't take a step back anymore?

I have no idea what you’re taking about by gate keeper of Rodgers hate. How does one gate keep hate?

I think the only thing I’ve really discussed about Rodgers was that I found it comical to think it was his ego that kept him from throwing the ball to running backs and not other factors. 

Edited by Arthur Penske

7 hours ago, Norm said:

Now answer my question.

Norm ... I'm a little hurt; thought I was the gate keeper.  Guess there's 2 of us now.

13 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Norm ... I'm a little hurt; thought I was the gate keeper.  Guess there's 2 of us now.

Tend the back gate if you want Norm’s attention.

The San Francisco loss had me stepping back. Going into that game I felt like I wasn’t trusting our record as an indicator of our position in the NFL Power Ranking. Afterward it wasn’t any better. It’s not any better after this game either.

As a fan I find that my interest in the team’s season is waning a bit because I still don’t have a freaking guess as to whom they can or can’t beat. Rodgers had great stats against NY. yay.

He also continues to make appallingly bad throws to the flats and on bubble screens.

And he made beautiful throws and caught some lucky breaks, as when Lazzard tracked down the long gainer that was either off target or windblown.

And the defense is collectively as unpredictable as the offense. These guys are exhausting to root for. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

Tend the back gate if you want Norm’s attention.

The San Francisco loss had me stepping back. Going into that game I felt like I wasn’t trusting our record as an indicator of our position in the NFL Power Ranking. Afterward it wasn’t any better. It’s not any better after this game either.

As a fan I find that my interest in the team’s season is waning a bit because I still don’t have a freaking guess as to whom they can or can’t beat. Rodgers had great stats against NY. yay.

He also continues to make appallingly bad throws to the flats and on bubble screens.

And he made beautiful throws and caught some lucky breaks, as when Lazzard tracked down the long gainer that was either off target or windblown.

And the defense is collectively as unpredictable as the offense. These guys are exhausting to root for. 

Don't need Norm's attention, just poking the bear.  Agree they are exhausting to root for but did you really expect this team to be 9-3 at this point of the season?  If yes, you're one of the few,  if no  .. sit back and enjoy the ride.   We'll know a little more after tonight's Viking/Seahawk game.  Regardless, for the Packers to be where everybody thought the Bears, Vikings and yes even the Lions would be is stunning.  Stay healthy, get hot ... see what happens!

PackersWire: Green Bay Packers tight end Marcedes Lewis became the 38th player to catch a touchdown pass from Aaron Rodgers.

“I couldn’t have thrown a touchdown to a better guy,” Rodgers said Sunday.

“Just the kind of guy he is, the kind of player he is,” Rodgers said. “What he’s meant for our team from a leadership standpoint. He’s a pro’s pro. He hasn’t been a huge factor in the passing game but he’s been a rock in the run game, opening up holes for us. Doing his job. Never complaining. Leading by example.”

You guys have a hard time watching this team? I guess I have a different perspective.  Or maybe I am not as heavily invested.  I know that I used to let the results of the Packers game dictate my mood.  Now, I see it as entertainment.  The NFL is my favorite show, and the Packers are my favorite character.  

• Like 4

Ryan Wood -   Packers defense is going to give up yards, as it showed once again vs. Giants. It also showed why it can still make a deep playoff run: stiffening in red zone, harassing the QB, and making game-changing plays.

• Church Buddeh - Why not stiffen all over the field?

Ryan Wood -  Because if they haven’t by this point, they probably won’t.

Edited by Leader