Propose A Trade Thread

the lone star

5 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

do the rockets have a 1st that is tradeable this year?

let's pretend they do

Suns trade: 2020 1st, Aron Baynes, Rubio, cap fillers
Suns get: DLo

Rockets trade: 2020 1st, Capela
Rockets get: Covington, Baynes

Warriors trade: DLo
Warriors get: Rubio, Clint, Rockets 1st

Wolves trade: Covington
Wolves get: Suns 1st

maybe throw in a few 2nds for the Warriors or Wolves

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=vhya3vh

2 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

We didn’t really cough up a bunch of FRPs. Just 2 and some pick swaps, that are probably worthless and the first of those going to OKC is in 2022. 

I would be fine with a trade that sent our Capela and brought in Covington but I’m not willing to send out a 1st as well 

Two FRPs and the right to swap picks is a haul.  There's a reason why they got laughed at for making that deal.  But more importantly, because of the Stepien rule, the Rockets aren't able to trade their FRP from 2023-2027.  They're free to trade any of their FRPs from 2020-22, but beyond that they're limited.  And the reasons why they're so valuable is what they could become.  James Harden is 30 years old, but his game should age reasonably well.  Russell Westbrook is 31 years old, but his game isn't likely to age well.  The problem is that barring a huge jump in the salary cap, the Rockets' roster is largely locked in with Westbrook, Harden, Gordon, and Capela making a combined ~$132M which well above the salary cap projected for 2022.  By the time that 2023 season rolls around, who knows what the Rockets' roster will look like.

Drawing the line in the sand at the FRP this year is a crazy hill to die on, especially if this draft is as weak as @beekay414 says it is.  The Rockets pick is currently projected to be 21st overall.

41 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

let's pretend they do

Suns trade: 2020 1st, Aron Baynes, Rubio, cap fillers
Suns get: DLo

Rockets trade: 2020 1st, Capela
Rockets get: Covington, Baynes

Warriors trade: DLo
Warriors get: Rubio, Clint, Rockets 1st

Wolves trade: Covington
Wolves get: Suns 1st

maybe throw in a few 2nds for the Warriors or Wolves

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=vhya3vh

This trade has my head spinning

13 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

What would a Nuggets package need to look like to land Jrue?

That's tough, cause Holiday's $26.2 mil salary would have to be matched to make the deal work.  Any deal would probably have to start with Gary Harris (17.8 mil), then salary filler plus picks.  Malik Beasley (2.7 mil) could be included but his cheap rookie deal is ending, so IDK if NO would value him.  Juan Hernangomez could be included (3.3 mil).  Those 3 players would make the deal work salary wise.  Then they would have to throw in picks.  They own the Thunder's top 10 protected first rounder this year, but that's going to be a later pick cause the Thunder will be in the playoffs.  I guess they could also throw in their own 2022 first round pick.  So maybe:

SG Cary Harris

SG Malik Beasley

F Juan Hernangomez

2020 Thunder 1st

2022 Nuggets 1st

I would still say no to that package if I'm the Pelicans.  

Also the Pelicans would have to cut 2 players from their roster to absorb the new players.  

Edited by MKnight82

10 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Conversation starts and ends at MPJ, which obviously the Nuggets wouldn't do. Jrue won’t be going to Denver, they have good pieces just not the right pieces for a Jrue trade.

Yeah I feel like NOP would want a great package for Jrue and that would be a terrible decision from Denver. I think he stays put. 

Who says no?

Minnesota receives: D'Angelo Russell

Golden State receives: Evan Turner/Allen Crabbe, Malik Beasley/Josh Okogie, Jake Layman, 2020 Brooklyn 1st Round Pick, 2021 Minnesota 1st Round Pick (top 5 protected)

I believe this trade would get Golden State under the tax line as well, or at least closer to it.

Edited by seminoles1