Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

44 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

In a passing league era that uses more three WRs sets than ever, Warner is the perfect LB. If you were to make prototypical off ball LB, it would be Warner. 

Especially now that he's not Kwon when it comes to tackling lol 

5 minutes ago, John232 said:

In general, we should start seeing a lot more "Joker" backer pseudo safeties transition to LB at the NFL. That said, Warner looked like a pretty special talent in college but was hidden because of the position and team he played on.

I wish we would have done this with Harris. He can't cover in a back pedal, but may have been okay as a coverage backer. He misses tackles, but I think that's because he doesn't know how to control himself coming downhill from the safety spot, a problem that could be alleviated via playing closer to the line as a LB. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I wish we would have done this with Harris. He can't cover in a back pedal, but may have been okay as a coverage backer. He misses tackles, but I think that's because he doesn't know how to control himself coming downhill from the safety spot, a problem that could be alleviated via playing closer to the line as a LB. 

Yeah...I never got the Harris pick. We all hated at the time..dude barely played in College and he should barely be playing in the NFL. But I agree with your overall point,. If a large, close to the LOS safety comes into the NFL and they don't show the adequate coverage skills for a safety...teams should really try to move them to LB because they may do just fine there. Mark Barron is a good example of a bad safety who probably extended his career a bit by making that transition. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, John232 said:

Yeah...I never got the Harris pick. We all hated at the time..dude barely played in College and he should barely be playing in the NFL. But I agree with your overall point,. If a large, close to the LOS safety comes into the NFL and they don't show the adequate coverage skills for a safety...teams should really try to move them to LB because they may do just fine there. Mark Barron is a good example of a bad safety who probably extended his career a bit by making that transition. 

Deone Buccanon is another one. We used Harris some at LB when Moore and Ward became the starters and i think he did pretty decent.

9 minutes ago, John232 said:

My proudest moment as a mock drafter is nailing the Warner pick in the third. 

In general, we should start seeing a lot more "Joker" backer pseudo safeties transition to LB at the NFL. That said, Warner looked like a pretty special talent in college but was hidden because of the position and team he played on.

But he's like a notch below Willis in terms of pacing as an all-time great LBer if he can keep this up. 

I'd still say he's below Willis/Bowman due to them being far better against the run. Warner is better equipped to defend the pass than those two but those were elite coverage guys as well. Willis was a guy you put on a TE one on one and hardly ever gave him help. Bowman was more of a play maker with his instincts in zone coverage. Willis/Bowman truly were ahead of their times with their playing styles. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Forge said:

Especially now that he's not Kwon when it comes to tackling lol 

Yeah, he improved his tackling big time. So glad to see that. Warner still gets eaten up by blockers a bit more than my liking in the run game but you have to consider his size and what he was drafted to do. He's never going to be PWilly in that regard, but he is great as he is. 

18 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

You know, I'm not going to get my hopes up. But if Watson REALLY is available..and given how aggresive we are in trying to trade. I could see Shanny pulling a "WERE DOING IT LIVE" and just throwing everything at the Texans.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, John232 said:

You know, I'm not going to get my hopes up. But if Watson REALLY is available..and given how aggresive we are in trying to trade. I could see Shanny pulling a "WERE DOING IT LIVE" and just throwing everything at the Texans.

Yeah, I think that eventually this will blow over. They will hire a new coach (I'm going Daboll, but they may want a defensive and culture type guy), he and Caserio will sit Watson down and sell them on what they are doing. There is too much time between now and when this stuff will need to happen for me not to think that cooler heads will prevail. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I think that eventually this will blow over. They will hire a new coach (I'm going Daboll, but they may want a defensive and culture type guy), he and Caserio will sit Watson down and sell them on what they are doing. There is too much time between now and when this stuff will need to happen for me not to think that cooler heads will prevail. 

Yeah I think if there's one name that could smooth things out its Daboll or even Saleh but as of today they've yet to even schedule anything with him....

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Michigan HC Jim Harbaugh isn’t going to the NFL or anywhere at all. Harbaugh and Michigan officially have reached agreement on a contract extension, per schefter...

Saw the Buckeyes were trolling that move.

1 hour ago, GW21 said:

Saw the Buckeyes were trolling that move.

Rightfully so at this point lol. Harbaugh has been a complete and total flop, tbh. I am really surprised that they did this. It's still a big name program, they can get a lot of guys in there. It's not working with Harbs.