Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

You say you haven't seen it floated around anywhere, but tell me which true analyst or reporter has thrown these hypothetical trades out? Are you referring to just these bleacher report hypotheticals? Have you seen Schefter or any national writer put out any hypotheticals? 

Allbright said texting around he's heard it is going to take at least three first rounders plus a player. 

And here is the thing, Watson isn't going to say no to going to Miami or NY. Both teams have better draft capital than us. It's not like Watson has come out and said I just want to be traded to the Niners. 

That's what i'm referring to. If moving Bosa had any legs it would have been referred to in at least one place outside this forum. The Niners aren't going to give up Bosa anyways, he might be the most untouchable player on the team. And FYI Mort is a national writer and he put out Tua as an option.

3 1st's is a fair haul for Watson but like i said he's disgruntled and has a no-trade clause....the Texans could negotiate a killer deal and Watson could say no if he doesn't like the fit.

I think, if it happens, it'll end up being in the range of two 1st round picks, a 2nd rounder, and a solid (but not elite) player. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Because look at the packages involving the Niners and compare them to packages of other teams. It's not comparable at all. Houston has zero reason to go with the SF package when other teams have much more draft capital to offer. 

I get it, fans get attached to their players and don't want to give up any of their top players. But that's going to have to happen to get in the conversation. 

You are right, which is why I am thinking the only way we get Watson will be next off-season 

Texans aren't going to take less than fair market value for Watson right now. So if they keep him and things get more tenuous/ugly than they are now, the Texans will lose leverage. Especially because Watson has a full no trade clause, and can essentially pull a Trent Williams and control where he goes 

That's the only scenario I see working out for us, which means just punting on QB again lol 

3 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

That's what i'm referring to. If moving Bosa had any legs it would have been referred to in at least one place outside this forum. The Niners aren't going to give up Bosa anyways, he might be the most untouchable player on the team. And FYI Mort is a national writer and he put out Tua as an option.

3 1st's is a fair haul for Watson but like i said he's disgruntled and has a no-trade clause....the Texans could negotiate a killer deal and Watson could say no if he doesn't like the fit.

I think, if it happens, it'll end up being in the range of two 1st round picks, a 2nd rounder, and a solid (but not elite) player. 

Mort threw out that Miami possibility, correct. But you are referring to SF scenarios. He didn't bring up SF. You have JLC saying the Texans may be interested in Jimmy G but that is classic JLC there. You're going to have throw much more than Jimmy G and a first for Watson.

This is something new and has no seriously been discussed by the Texans. Give it time, you will start to hear more stuff if or when Watson demands a trade. 

If it comes down to Bosa or Watson, I wouldn't be too sure about Bosa being untouchable. And really, that is pretty dumb to make an edge rusher is untouchable when you can get a ELITE 25 year old QB. Think about what I just said....25 year old ELITE QB. Play your cards right and you can have that guy as your QB for the next 7-10 years. No edge rusher is worth that. 

7 minutes ago, N4L said:

You are right, which is why I am thinking the only way we get Watson will be next off-season 

Texans aren't going to take less than fair market value for Watson right now. So if they keep him and things get more tenuous/ugly than they are now, the Texans will lose leverage. Especially because Watson has a full no trade clause, and can essentially pull a Trent Williams and control where he goes 

That's the only scenario I see working out for us, which means just punting on QB again lol 

If you want Watson, you have to go get him this offseason. If you don't? Then forget about it, time to move on. 

Texans can get the best packages from NYJ and Miami. Those are two destinations that Watson is not going to say no to. That's the issue here. Go big or go home. If you want to keep Bosa? No problem, then don't expect Watson and just hope Shanny/Lynch hit on whoever they take in the first round. If they don't go QB and keep Jimmy? Then hope Jimmy stays healthy and take your chances there. 

9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Mort threw out that Miami possibility, correct. But you are referring to SF scenarios. He didn't bring up SF. You have JLC saying the Texans may be interested in Jimmy G but that is classic JLC there. You're going to have throw much more than Jimmy G and a first for Watson.

This is something new and has no seriously been discussed by the Texans. Give it time, you will start to hear more stuff if or when Watson demands a trade. 

If it comes down to Bosa or Watson, I wouldn't be too sure about Bosa being untouchable. And really, that is pretty dumb to make an edge rusher is untouchable when you can get a ELITE 25 year old QB. Think about what I just said....25 year old ELITE QB. Play your cards right and you can have that guy as your QB for the next 7-10 years. No edge rusher is worth that. 

Yeah but Mort chose Miami/Tua presumably because he heard something. He didn't choose SF/Bosa because he presumably didnt hear anything. Which supports my original point, this forum is the only place where you hear Bosa's name brought up as trade capital for Watson. Which means its unlikely to happen.

Am i saying that Bosa is worth more than or equal to Watson's value, of course not. What i am saying is the Texans will want too much aside from Bosa, and the Niners will be unwilling to give up too much aside from Bosa. So it isn't going to happen and essentially makes him untouchable.

Edited by 49ersfan

2 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Yeah but Mort chose Miami/Tua presumably because he heard something. He didn't choose SF/Bosa because he presumably didnt hear anything. Which supports my original point, this forum is the only place where you hear Bosa's name brought up as trade capital for Watson. Which means its unlikely to happen.

The Texans will want too much aside from Bosa and the Niners will be unwilling to give up too much aside from Bosa. So it isn't going to happen and essentially makes him untouchable.

Sure, why did he choose Miami? They have the most draft capital along with NYJ. That's been my point the entire time. No one can compete with those two teams if it comes down to just draft picks. Watson spends a good part of his offseason in Miami and I'm sure that is one of his top destinations if he demands a trade. If SF wants to get in the conversation, Bosa has to be made available or another top player on the team or else they just can't get in the conversation. If you want Watson, you're giving someone like Bosa or Warner. But really it will be Bosa since that is who Houston will want more. 

Time to just forget about the Watson talks if all we can offer is draft picks. Will never win that battle. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Sure, why did he choose Miami? They have the most draft capital along with NYJ. That's been my point the entire time. No one can compete with those two teams if it comes down to just draft picks. Watson spends a good part of his offseason in Miami and I'm sure that is one of his top destinations if he demands a trade. If SF wants to get in the conversation, Bosa has to be made available or another top player on the team or else they just can't get in the conversation. If you want Watson, you're giving someone like Bosa or Warner. But really it will be Bosa since that is who Houston will want more. 

Time to just forget about the Watson talks if all we can offer is draft picks. Will never win that battle. 

Miami definitely makes the most sense. I think #3, 2022 1st, a 2021 second,, & Tua is a fair offer, assuming the Texans view Tua as a starting QB. 

I think the Niners should definitely consider a rookie QB like Wilson, Fields, or Lance. Not saying they will be better than Watson, but it allows us to keep as much of our core as possible & having a QB on his rookie contract with Shanny scheming plays will be a plus. 

1 hour ago, 49ersfan said:

I wonder if the Eagles & Bears will move on from their Head Coaches as well.

The eagles said pederson was safe, now apparently it's in limbo lol. Even talk of him being traded to the jets, apparently?

I've never been a nagy fan. I get that he was saddled with trubs, but every time I watch that team, it's just kind of a mess.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Forge said:

The eagles said pederson was safe, now apparently it's in limbo lol. Even talk of him being traded to the jets, apparently?

I've never been a nagy fan. I get that he was saddled with trubs, but every time I watch that team, it's just kind of a mess.

I'm not sure why there's such a delay in firing Pederson. If Lurie is disappointed in Pederson's plan, than why wait a week to hear it? 

It could be that the Jets did their interviews, weren't impressed with anyone and/or were rejected by some candidates, and have made overtures to the Eagles for Pederson.