Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

2 hours ago, Forge said:

That's sad. He got a raw deal. But at least the severance is a full year's pay

The moment he was hired i expected it to be a one year thing because no one else wanted to go there at that point. And i bet Culley knew it would be too. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Allbright brought up an interesting take that some think that this was done in an effort to hire Flores and hold on to Watson. 

Yea I saw that too! It would be a smart approach unless Watson just wanted to go to Miami. I mean they have nice massage parlors there too I would imagine 🤔

On 1/12/2022 at 6:17 PM, StevenK said:

Miami feels like the old Niner team of Jed favoring Baalke over Harbaugh and we know how that played out…

Exactly. Forcing a square peg in a round hole. You want a working relationship between your GM and head coach. Not necessarily them both always agreeing. But challenging each other without aggression. If you're constantly in a confrontation with your GM, you're not going to get what you want. And if they both agree all the time, they're probably both missing out on things. I think this is what currently works with Kyle and John (and it might not stay like this forever), and what didn't work with Trent and Jim. It's so odd that the dolphins' owner would have issues with the coaching, but not the personnel side of things. The coaching might not have been perfect (starting 1-7 for instance), but the personnel surely isn't impeccable. If you fire the HC, fire the GM. Or fire the GM and let him choose whether he wants to work with the HC.

17 hours ago, Forge said:

That's sad. He got a raw deal. But at least the severance is a full year's pay

I think he did more with this roster than he should have. When we played them, I watched the offense/defense presentation at the beginning of the game and was shocked at how few players I actually knew... winning 4 games was a miracle. Or maybe he won too many games, and that's what got him fired!

2 hours ago, rudyZ said:

I think he did more with this roster than he should have. When we played them, I watched the offense/defense presentation at the beginning of the game and was shocked at how few players I actually knew... winning 4 games was a miracle. Or maybe he won too many games, and that's what got him fired!

Think it was more the Tomsula-effect where the record didn't tell the whole story.

• Like 1

Continues to be talk of Flores / Watson teaming up still moving forward. 

Mara (Giants) also apparently likes Flores. 

Really interesting spot there. Two top ten picks this year makes that a very intriguing trade partner for Houston as well. 

I suppose it ultimately comes down to what happens with Watson's legal situation