Week 2 GDT - In the land of Crab Cakes

brooks1957

Just watched the rest of the game, from the 2nd quarter. 

We look like we are getting ready to win some games, Baltimore looks like they are getting ready to win a championship. 

i saw Kizers stats they were pretty bad, and some of his tape is terrible, but I also liked some of this game. His arm is still excellent, he is making some good reads. I think that he is trying too hard to make plays. He needs to chill just a little.

Crowell looks much worse than last year. at this rate he aint getting that shiny new contract, unless he starts playing better he won't be in the NFL for more than another 2 years. 

Hue Jacksons play calling was better for Hogan than Kizer, he needs to make things simpler, the Ravens ran a pretty simple offense and it worked. Thats what we need to do also, we have enough speed across the board to do this, also there doesn't seem to be enough outlet plays to RB's or TE's, we need more of that. 

Higgins well done my child. 

McCourty, you old dog you, I thought you were going to be **** up, but you have played well. 

I like a lot of our defense, but our 100 million dollars of linebackers haven't done too much good really, they seem to be there to clean up mess too much for highly paid guys, we need to put them in position to make plays. Jabrill got out of position too much. 

We need all hands on deck, we need, Garrett, Gordon, Coleman and we will win games. 

Isaiah Crowell both looks slow and has poor vision. Multiple times I saw wide open holes for him yesterday, and he just didn't go towards them. When he does see a hole, he doesn't have the burst to get to it before it closes. He needs to worry more about just keeping a starting job in the NFL and less about a fat contract.

I saw a stat line today that said Flacco was 17-17 when targeting our LB's yesterday. Our corners played pretty well, and the safeties also. Peppers at some point will have to be moved up closer to the LOS, putting him that far back just to prevent touchdowns isn't effective, and it limits what he can do to make plays. 3rd and 8 and we are throwing the ball 30 yards downfield. we need to use the backs out of the backfield better in the passing game. we did that in preseason. 

36 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I wonder if hogan didn't throw that INT if they'd still put kizer back in. Hogan looked damn good until that pick. Got the ball out quickly. 

Idk, I think Hue wanted squash any and all thoughts of a qb controversy.

Besides it's hella dumb to bench a 21 yo rookie qb making his second career start. Either you commit to the youngster and all that comes with that, or you don't.

I read somewhere dawgsbynature perhaps (?) that Kizer was actually slower at getting ther ball out week 2 vs week 1.

I think he may always be slower as he's looking to make a play (so does Luck, Ben, etc so it's not necessarily a bad thing), but he's got to speed things up a bit or make more plays.

Kid missed a lot of throws yesterday from what I saw.

Crowell was horrible there were 2 separate occasions he had 10+ yards of running room and ran straight into the line.

Kizer appeared poised and agressive again but the 2/3 INTs were absolutely awful. Hopefully this issue doesn't repeat itself.

Defense played fine. They were put in horrible spots all day. No complaints.

OMG Kenny Britt please just release this Dwayne Bowe reincarnation. Would it kill the guy to try I mean good lord. Between he and Coates we have about an IQ of 24. Just use Coleman, Louis and Higgins. Maybe Kasen Williams can get up to speed.

10 minutes ago, bigjohnson2009 said:

Crowell was horrible there were 2 separate occasions he had 10+ yards of running room and ran straight into the line.

Kizer appeared poised and agressive again but the 2/3 INTs were absolutely awful. Hopefully this issue doesn't repeat itself.

Defense played fine. They were put in horrible spots all day. No complaints.

OMG Kenny Britt please just release this Dwayne Bowe reincarnation. Would it kill the guy to try I mean good lord. Between he and Coates we have about an IQ of 24. Just use Coleman, Louis and Higgins. Maybe Kasen Williams can get up to speed.

Agree about the defense, the offense put them in terrible spots all game.

Gotta wonder when Hue is gonna shake things up at WR. Britt has been bad, looks flat out disinterested, and Coates has done nothing yet.

Hollywood and Duke have impressed, as has DeValve. Maybe you get creative and use DeValve more as a WR? Idk. They seem to have plenty of guys to play the slot, they need a WR who can win 1:1 on the outside, especially with Coleman likely out a while.

I'm guessing Louis gets the start on Sunday?

40 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I read somewhere dawgsbynature perhaps (?) that Kizer was actually slower at getting ther ball out week 2 vs week 1.

I think he may always be slower as he's looking to make a play (so does Luck, Ben, etc so it's not necessarily a bad thing), but he's got to speed things up a bit or make more plays.

I know I didn't see every single angle but it looked in every shot I saw that our receivers were covered like glue. My question is, why no double moves? Witten is as slow as humanly possible and got wide open off of a double move for a TD yesterday. This is as bad as I've ever seen our WR situation

Lord, send us an angel.....

There is zero way we can put this all on Kizer, We cant run the ball, we don't really run rubs or picks, we don't run double moves, our OL is trash and we are extremely undisciplined. Its kinda tough when we have to pass in predicable passing situations. I don't really see it changing until we get better at being unpredictable and better at the point of attack. We may do a few of these things against bad teams but it will start right back up when we play good teams

56 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

From what I was able to watch, which was limited, Kizer takes his time watching the routes and looking at how they develop.  The one I remember in particular was the strip sack.  He had a wide open lane to run in.  I personally would rather watch him throw the ball but I think if he shows he can move the chains with his legs they will have to respect his running ability a little more and it will open up more in the passing game.  I'm just excited to watch him develop.  He looks like he could be the real thing if he cleans up some weaknesses.

22 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I know I didn't see every single angle but it looked in every shot I saw that our receivers were covered like glue. My question is, why no double moves? Witten is as slow as humanly possible and got wide open off of a double move for a TD yesterday. This is as bad as I've ever seen our WR situation

Lord, send us an angel.....

19 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

There is zero way we can put this all on Kizer, We cant run the ball, we don't really run rubs or picks, we don't run double moves, our OL is trash and we are extremely undisciplined. Its kinda tough when we have to pass in predicable passing situations. I don't really see it changing until we get better at being unpredictable and better at the point of attack. We may do a few of these things against bad teams but it will start right back up when we play good teams

I don't think our WR are THAT bad, neither is our OL, this is just what comes with playing with a young and inexperienced qb in most cases.

Teams overload the box and are going to force the rookie to beat them with his arm, which he's not been able to do yet. Kizer has missed open receivers as well as failed to throw WR's open, which is a requirement at this level. Obviously our WR's haven't helped him, but it goes both ways to some degree.

Let's not forget he's faced a couple good defenses, let's see what he does the next couple weeks.  We should have a much better idea of what we're working with after the Bengals game.

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don't think our WR are THAT bad, neither is our OL, this is just what comes with playing with a young and inexperienced qb in most cases.

Teams overload the box and are going to force the rookie to beat them with his arm, which he's not been able to do yet. Kizer has missed open receivers as well as failed to throw WR's open, which is a requirement at this level. Obviously our WR's haven't helped him, but it goes both ways to some degree.

Let's not forget he's faced a couple good defenses, let's see what he does the next couple weeks.  We should have a much better idea of what we're working with after the Bengals game.

Maybe I'm just frustrated, but I just look at other teams and their personnel and they run the ball super easy with UDFAs and low level draft picks. We have damn near a Pro Bowl caliber line and have to run draws to get any type of significant yards. I do know for a fact that Tretter has been atrocious, speaking of disappointments, Ogbah has been terrible

Archived