New England Patriots Spygate 2.0?

RuskieTitan

10 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I honestly thought this was nothing at first, and the more that is unveiled... well... you can't give them the benefit of the doubt.

Same.

Also hilarious.  Because if they were cheating, they got caught cheating against a 1-12 team lol.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I honestly thought this was nothing at first, and the more that is unveiled... well... you can't give them the benefit of the doubt.

This is one of those situations that requires nuance. The Patriots admitted they technically violated a rule, but the word "spying", especially with them is a bad, bad headline. So this basically comes down to the NFL's ability to take a situation where the impact is the most important part and convey a clear PR message.

And they're going to screw it up hilariously.

• Like 3

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

This is one of those situations that requires nuance. The Patriots admitted they technically violated a rule, but the word "spying", especially with them is a bad, bad headline. So this basically comes down to the NFL's ability to take a situation where the impact is the most important part and convey a clear PR message.

And they're going to screw it up hilariously.

Yeah i was thinking out loud how i previously stated “do the Pats deserve the benefit of the doubt!”....yeah well the NFL doesn’t either. They deserve eachother.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

It's like when Vontaze Burfict makes a questionable hit.  If it was another player, maybe you let it slide.  'Accidentally' taped 8 minutes of the opponents sideline who they are playing next week, isn't exactly something the Patriots should be able to get away with...

• Like 10

I know deflategate (framegate) was science denial and that spygate was punished at about 100 times the level it should have been.

I would take away a 1st round pick for this though.

In 2019 everyone 100% understands you don't tape the other team anymore. Ignorance or camera operator stupidity is not an excuse.

In 2006 it was a memo during the season about a technicality. It is now clearly defined law with precedent.

The fact that the Bengals and the league were not told about this spy makes it much worse.

Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

This is a non-story tbh. People will make it a big deal though. The production company isn't even apart of the Patriots organization.

Good thing you are not a investigator... just because they are a third party company the Pats are automatically innocent? You have zero idea how well they know the Patriots and what the agenda is. I work with third party companies every day, the same people, every day. Multiple companies in one building. 

3 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

I imagine the Patriots games is going to be like that scene from the Incredibles where the father is telling the kid to make it close.

You don't wanna run away with the win and add more fuel to the fire. But you don't wanna lose either and end up playing in the Wildcard round.

I was thinking more along the lines of the South Park episode where all of the baseball teams are trying to lose. In this case Randy getting wasted and fighting people in the stands is just a metaphor for the entire state of Massachusetts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lolsurebro said:

Anyone decrying "CHEATERS!" this early into the investigation just want it to be true so it can validate their wild and emotional hatred for the Patriots. Calm down.

Also if you were going to risk getting caught filming a team as a Patriot employee, would you risk the blowout of a second Spygate on the BENGALS?!

Well being mutiple offender of cheating in the past they more than likely cheated again. Repeat offenders lose all benefit of the doubt 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Well being mutiple offender of cheating in the past they more than likely cheated again. Repeat offenders lose all benefit of the doubt 

Which is exactly why all of these headlines are working. ESPN making bank off this story because people in 2019 love to get upset.

It remains to be seen how much worse this gets. I will reserve judgement for that time.

And to the guy using the rapist analogy in a previous comment -- really bro? xD

Edited by lolsurebro
Better wording.

17 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I was thinking more along the lines of the South Park episode where all of the baseball teams are trying to lose. In this case Randy getting wasted and fighting people in the stands is just a metaphor for the entire state of Massachusetts.