Week 15 GDT - Atlanta Falcons at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Just now, straighthate said:

Me too. Obviously didn’t watch it today, but  looking at the scoreboard, Rams may not be the hot end of season they looked like the last couple weeks. 

Weird season for them. They have the bookends against the Ravens and cowboys where they were horrific...in between, they looked great. Granted, opposition plays a role there, but still. Kind of a weird dichotomy. 

4 minutes ago, Dub_City30 said:

Im sick to my stomach another false hope of a season. 

Righhhhtt, because the team is 11-3 instead of 12-2 this surely means it is a false hope of a season!!!!!!!!! 

This same Falcons team dominated the Saints at their place. This is the NFL, losses like this happen. The Pats last year lost to the Dolphins. 

What we are seeing is the injuries finally catching up to the team and quite frankly they were rusty from the start.

It just sucks that next week is a must win game. If we won today it would have just come down to week 17.

• Like 2

Just now, 49ersfan said:

The division is gona come down to week 17 and that was the case, win or lose today. 

Yeah just sucks we lose after going to NO and winning. But it was always us having to win in Seattle to win the div. That's why I don't get the total give up on this team I've seen already...lol apparently some aren't in it for the long haul. Bad gm today nothing more...2nd worst gm of the yr. Cinci was worse but we found a way to win that one.  

1 minute ago, sherm said:

Yeah just sucks we lose after going to NO and winning. But it was always us having to win in Seattle to win the div. That's why I don't get the total give up on this team I've seen already...lol apparently some aren't in it for the long haul. Bad gm today nothing more...2nd worst gm of the yr. Cinci was worse but we found a way to win that one.  

Just passed years of let down and heartbrakes is why

Just now, sherm said:

Yep, but the thing is next week becomes a must win and it wouldn't have been if we won today. 

But we can beat the Rams at home. Oh well, this was a stinker all around. Just hope we are healthier to end the season and get back to form. 

1 minute ago, straighthate said:

As good as he was all game, Kittle lost the game when he fumbled. 

Silver lining. No injuries, right?

Yup, if he didn't fumble, he'd get the 1st no doubt and we'd be killing the clock instead of kicking a FG and eventually losing the game. The defense gave up too much at the end.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sherm said:

Injuries are starting to stack, and it's showing. The defensive pressure has been doo doo for a while now. They might lose two straight after this, and flop over into the playoffs. Doesn't matter if it's against an NFC East team. This performance won't get it done. I don't know if it's fatigue, injuries, or players buying into their own hype, but there is just zero excuse to lose to the Falcons at home. And the way the defense just **** the bed on the final drive for a TD was a complete embarrassment. 

Edited by PapaShogun

12 minutes ago, straighthate said:

Horrible. Win next two and still #1 seed though so it’s not the end of the world. Really doesn’t change anything to be honest. Needed to beat Seattle in Seattle in week 17 to get the top seed. 

DJ Reed hits Jones high on that one rather than watch Ward and he doesn’t break the plane. 

No, we are #5 right now 

Idk why dj Reed is even guarding him right there. like, I understand that he's your slot offender but we need to know who was lined up where. Can't just let the other team decide to put Julio Jones on our backup slot defender. Unacceptable 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, straighthate said:

As good as he was all game, Kittle lost the game when he fumbled. 

Silver lining. No injuries, right?

Kittle definitely gave the Falcons life with that fumble. Crazy how it happened with no defender even knocking it out. 

I'm more concerned about how bad our OL was and how ineffective our passing game was. Didn't stretch the field at all and couldn't get much of anything. 

And let's be real, we got 10 points off very questionable roughing the passer calls. Just wasn't our day. 

1 minute ago, N4L said:

No, we are #5 right now 

Idk why dj Reed is even guarding him right there. like, I understand that he's your slot offender but we need to know who was lined up where. Can't just let the other team decide to put Julio Jones on our backup slot defender. Unacceptable 

He is saying that if we win the next two, we will be the first seed

• Like 2