Week 15 GDT - Atlanta Falcons at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

13 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

Same false hope fools gold of 2011-2013 playoff teams. Get a reliable QB and then we can think SB win.

Didn't you say the same thing and then disappear after Jimmy drove us down the field for the game-winner? Sounds like the trolls come out of his cave again! The best thing that comes out of this is we don't get to see you again till next season when we lose. :D

Bah Bye!!

1 minute ago, PapaShogun said:

Also, WHERE ARE THE ******* SACKS? What happened to front four suffocating the QB like we saw earlier in the year. I know the backups are injured and Ford, but the starters should be eating the opposition alive. 

Buck’s just not the same this year. In previous years, he was destroying o-lines single handedly. This year, he’s making plays here and there, but there’s no consistency with him. 

this team was so flat all day. Thank goodness for Kittle and Barner or this would’ve been a blowout. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NinerNation21 said:

Buck’s just not the same this year. In previous years, he was destroying o-lines single handedly. This year, he’s making plays here and there, but there’s no consistency with him. 

this team was so flat all day. Thank goodness for Kittle and Barner or this would’ve been a blowout. 

Yeah I'm tired of seeing Buck at the post game pressers lol. Rack up some sacks first bruh. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yep, but the thing is next week becomes a must win and it wouldn't have been if we won today. 

But we can beat the Rams at home. Oh well, this was a stinker all around. Just hope we are healthier to end the season and get back to form. 

We could only afford one loss, well today it is. Team gets a little healthier, just sucks we couldn't take the W with it too. LA is streaky but its an important game and i think we'll be ready for it. We had the 3 game gauntlet, now two games against LA/SEA. I don't wana say we overlooked ATL today, but we weren't on our A game, it happens. 

We're still a good team and we still control our own destiny. We take care of business and the #1 seed is ours. Lets regroup and get it next week!

17 minutes ago, straighthate said:

As good as he was all game, Kittle lost the game when he fumbled. 

Silver lining. No injuries, right?

Naw didn't lose the gm but he could have won it. Difference in the gm. Julio and he had the same number of catches and yards.  Julio had 2 td and made the big play when his team needed it. 

Man....how many last play losses can we have in one season smfh

Can't believe we didn't pull that out. I keep saying that the coaching staff needs to adjust in late game situations. They don't double or bracket WRs and it nearly cost us the NO game and it came back to bite us again. I'm just a firm believer in not letting their most reliable weapon single-handedly beat you all the way down the field. Anybody else catches that TD pass or key 3rd down conversion, I can live with it. But you don't let Julio beat you...it just shouldn't happen. I think being stubborn with this philosophy is only going to lead to our detriment. 

The loss stings but I'm not overly concerned. We just were not sharp offensively and they needed to carry the team with the defense banged up. Dropped passes, missed extra point, and costly fumbles....the O wasn't locked-in today. It sucks....but it happens. At least they didn't lay a complete egg. We had a chance to win it.

I'm just thankful that we got out of the game with no more injuries. That to me was just as important as a win. The team will bounce back. These last two games were always must win games to me. Divisonal games are always must wins for us heading into the post-season. I just want us to be as healthy as possible heading into the post-season. I don't care about the bye or where we have to go play.  If we're healthy, we will dominant. I firmly believe that. 

We're fine. Sucks to lose like that but we're good...

• Like 2

We still need our health to make a playoff run. So us coming out this gm healthy was a win(lol) and hopefully we get a few guys back next wk...and the rest for Seattle. Either way just take a deep breath kind of enjoy we're in the playoffs. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sherm said:

We still need our health to make a playoff run. So us coming out this gm healthy was a win(lol) and hopefully we get a few guys back next wk...and the rest for Seattle. Either way just take a deep breath kind of enjoy we're in the playoffs. 

Need that bye week too. Brutal catch 22 

We just have no depth at all remaining on the defensive end. Early in the season we were able to make a bunch of clutch stops, but not the case anymore. The DL which was a strength is just now average without Ford/Taylor/Jones/Blair. Losong Alexander was obviously a huge loss and then we were without three of our starters in the secondary. 

Offensively this was the first bad performance since the Seahawks game. First time we have been held in check with Kittle/Sanders playing. Going to have to look at the coaches film to see what exactly the Falcons were doing to stop the offense. Clearly sitting on the underneath routes but were there opportunities down the field that Jimmy just didn't take? And we couldn't pick up the blitz at all while the interior OL was beaten like a drum. 

Disappointing performance but that's all it is. Even with Harbaugh's first year where we went 13-3, we had clunker against the Cards late in the season that resulted in a loss.