Walking Dead mafia: Civs win! Saviors are dead!

Malfatron

15 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

domepatrol has at least shown up and not contributed. jfin is awol.

He did say it was only his third game, I think; I know I haven't played with him before.  Has he ever been mafia before?  Or in other words, what's the likelihood that this is the first time he's drawn mafia and doesn't really know how to play it or is playing it hyper-conservative like a lot of people tend to do for fear of slipping?

8 minutes ago, The LBC said:

The hyperbole to increase the value on his own activity and being in the game was what triggered me too.  It's a low-key way to not make a big deal about being among the top vote-getters but addressing planting the seed to others that if it comes to choosing between him and someone else, they should value him.

That question was specifically meant for Matts, not you.

VC:
     jfinley - 5 (mission, hockey, ksj, matts, james
     Matts - 4 (stallyns, lionsFTW, tyty, Danger
     Tyty - 2 ( LBC , TLO
     LBC - 2 (ET80,  sanchez
     domepatrol - 1 ( bucs
     Danger - 1 ( penalty
     ET80  - 1 ( CWood

No vote:
   @domepatrol91
 @jfinley88

Edited by MathMan

13 minutes ago, The LBC said:

He did say it was only his third game, I think; I know I haven't played with him before.  Has he ever been mafia before?  Or in other words, what's the likelihood that this is the first time he's drawn mafia and doesn't really know how to play it or is playing it hyper-conservative like a lot of people tend to do for fear of slipping?

I've never been mafia before. Civ both my previous times. Played pretty conservative both those times.

not playing conservative his game intentionally, I just haven't been able to post at work as much as I normally do

13 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I can't remember. I don't think he's ever been super active. But the bolded is what I was wondering.

14 minutes ago, The LBC said:

He was civ last game, played pretty much the same (didn't post much, didn't really know who to vote for, etc). Not sure about his first game.

Just now, domepatrol91 said:

I've never been mafia before. Civ both my previous times. Played pretty conservative both those times.

not playing conservative his game intentionally, I just haven't been able to post at work as much as I normally do

Are you aware of your meta and trying to change it?

32 minutes ago, The LBC said:

You ever answer that question Matts hit you with way back towards the beginning of the day?

I have a theory that centers on FTW being town that's based on a potential breadcrumb I saw.

Matts is playing his scum game, which as I remember was overtly aggressive and game-steering.  The only thing I agree with him on is that without a solid lead, activity and value of posting is a viable reason to vote someone which is why I don't have an issue with my Ty vote, but I'm definitely amenable to Fin or Danger (getting a penalty then clamming up could be just being conservative, but it would also be something mafia would do - I also have a thread I'm working that could identify another maf if Danger does turn out to be scum).

And for my happily ever after, I get to go to Scooter's Freakin' Jungle tomorrow!

Completely agree with this.

12 minutes ago, james.mcmurry13 said:

He was civ last game, played pretty much the same (didn't post much, didn't really know who to vote for, etc). Not sure about his first game.

In my first game I stumbled my way into the final 3 people and screwed up, allowing mafia to win.

took a long break after that embarrassment.