***Spoilers*** Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Deadpulse

15 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

I think Palpatine can just use the force to make a bunch of snokes

Yeah it's not like Palpatine had a clone army at one point or anything.

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

But a clone of who?

In universe, probably some sith cultist who bowed down to palpatine so Palpatine tried to clone him to see if he could clone force users.

In reality, Snoke is just a nothing character J.J set up as the big bad of the Sequel trilogy that got cut in ep.8 because Kylo was more interesting.

9 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

Loved the movie but trilogys shouldn't have different directors

A New Hope - George Lucas.
Empire Strikes Back - Irvin Kershner
Return of the Jedi - Richard Marquand

Having different directors doesn't matter.  Having 37 chefs in the kitchen writing the thing and bouncing ideas off the wall like the Gremlins 2 skit in Key and Peele is what ought never happen again. 

"Let's put in this CG character and call her Maz Kenata and have her know things, but not say things."

"No, let's forget about Maz."

"Let's bring Maz back." 

"Let's open up speculation on who Rey's parents are because that was so big in the original trilogy."

"Guys, parentage is something Lucas did in an iconic and unforgettable way.  Let's not try to retread that.  Star Wars doesn't have to have a twist."

"^Screw that guy, Palpatine should be grandpapa."

• Like 2

On 12/31/2019 at 11:11 AM, Malfatron said:

1. The Empire Strikes Back

2. The Mandalorian

3. A New Hope

4. Return of the Jedi

5. The Force Awakens

6. Solo

7. Rogue One

8. The Last Jedi

9. Rise of Skywalker

10.Revenge of the Sith

11. The Phantom Menace

12. Attack of the Clones

wait, i made a horrible mistake

because i forgot one of the Star Wars movies.

1. The Empire Strikes Back

2. The Mandalorian

3. A New Hope

4. Return of the Jedi

5. The Force Awakens

6. Solo

7. Rogue One

8. The Last Jedi

9. Rise of Skywalker

10.Revenge of the Sith

11. The Phantom Menace

12. The Star Wars Holiday Special

13.  Attack of the Clones

thats better.

Edited by Malfatron

5 hours ago, Tyty said:

So did palpatine put on a ghillie suit so he could bang Maz as Chewbacca or how was it that he procreated 

I'd assume he had a kid before his face got melted in RotS.  Lots of stories about how Jedi succumb to physical desire, no real reason to believe Sith would be any different especially considering I doubt they have any rules about that like Jedi do.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I'd assume he had a kid before his face got melted in RotS.  Lots of stories about how Jedi succumb to physical desire, no real reason to believe Sith would be any different especially considering I doubt they have any rules about that like Jedi do.

Unlimited Plower 

I'm far from a Star Wars "Super-fan", but I enjoy the movies, and will weigh in:

*There is an obvious disconnect from the 1st to 2nd and then back to the 3rd movie(s) in the new trilogy. I personally enjoyed Episode 7 and 9, and had a love/hate relationship with Episode 8. I'm one of the few that thinks that they absolutely nailed Luke Skywalker's meta in Episode 8, which was definitely my favorite part. His weakness(es) were always mopey, anger, fear of losing his friends/fear of failure, and I thought that Episode 8 demonstrated what Luke would really be like if he failed to the level that he did with Kylo/Ben Solo and the rest of the Jedi young ones. His final realization and acceptance and FINALLY being "one with the force" I thought was done perfectly. The slow chase, hyperspace, failed mission, space ghost Leia, etc. could all go away though. As a result of this disconnect in the series, Poe/Finn were never properly developed or had any type of unique personality/bigger picture. The past of Spice Running and mysterious female was good with Poe, and you can totally see a Disney+ spinoff made for this, but Finn was a very "blah" character for me that I had next to no emotional investment in, when he was a really good character in Episode 7. 

*As for Episode 9 itself, here was my one MAJOR gripe: The GREEN LIGHTSABER to a redeemed Ben Solo was a huge missed opportunity, and I also wish it would have shown Ben literally "RISE" from the pit that Palpatine cast him into. That was about my only gripe. As a whole, I loved the redemption of Ben, the subtle/throwback to the classic "I know" his father said to him when he had a hard time vocalizing "I love you", and his exchanging his life/healing with the force for Rey's.

*I thought Driver's body language before/after the redemption angle was spot on, and the subtle tributes with the reverse shot blaster and the Knights of Ren shrug were an appropriate ode/tribute to Han.

*Ridley displaying the inner battle of Rey was also great, especially with the lightning/Chewie scene and the "force heal" angles. I personally liked those, as well as the "nature vs. nurture" angle with Rey claiming "Skywalker" as a direct tribute to Leia and Luke as those who helped to make her who she was/is. The yellow lightsaber showing that finally the "force was balanced" was appropriate as well.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'm far from a Star Wars "Super-fan", but I enjoy the movies, and will weigh in:

*There is an obvious disconnect from the 1st to 2nd and then back to the 3rd movie(s) in the new trilogy. I personally enjoyed Episode 7 and 9, and had a love/hate relationship with Episode 8. I'm one of the few that thinks that they absolutely nailed Luke Skywalker's meta in Episode 8, which was definitely my favorite part. His weakness(es) were always mopey, anger, fear of losing his friends/fear of failure, and I thought that Episode 8 demonstrated what Luke would really be like if he failed to the level that he did with Kylo/Ben Solo and the rest of the Jedi young ones. His final realization and acceptance and FINALLY being "one with the force" I thought was done perfectly. The slow chase, hyperspace, failed mission, space ghost Leia, etc. could all go away though. As a result of this disconnect in the series, Poe/Finn were never properly developed or had any type of unique personality/bigger picture. The past of Spice Running and mysterious female was good with Poe, and you can totally see a Disney+ spinoff made for this, but Finn was a very "blah" character for me that I had next to no emotional investment in, when he was a really good character in Episode 7. 

*As for Episode 9 itself, here was my one MAJOR gripe: The GREEN LIGHTSABER to a redeemed Ben Solo was a huge missed opportunity, and I also wish it would have shown Ben literally "RISE" from the pit that Palpatine cast him into. That was about my only gripe. As a whole, I loved the redemption of Ben, the subtle/throwback to the classic "I know" his father said to him when he had a hard time vocalizing "I love you", and his exchanging his life/healing with the force for Rey's.

*I thought Driver's body language before/after the redemption angle was spot on, and the subtle tributes with the reverse shot blaster and the Knights of Ren shrug were an appropriate ode/tribute to Han.

*Ridley displaying the inner battle of Rey was also great, especially with the lightning/Chewie scene and the "force heal" angles. I personally liked those, as well as the "nature vs. nurture" angle with Rey claiming "Skywalker" as a direct tribute to Leia and Luke as those who helped to make her who she was/is. The yellow lightsaber showing that finally the "force was balanced" was appropriate as well.

Great points throughout. Don't agree with all of them, but I think your first big paragraph is spot on. This trilogy isn't what I wanted for Luke, but I thought Episode 8 handled him well in that regard.

• Like 1