Week 16: The Chase Young Bowl

turtle28

Just now, turtle28 said:

No, Callahan should be gone with Bruce. Bruce hired Callahan as assistant head coach and OL coach bc he had history with him dating back to their raiders day. Callahan is a Bruce ”yes man.”

Or maybe Jay wanted someone he knew that was recommended by his brother? We may never know the impetus behind it but we did have a great offensive line coach

Just now, turtle28 said:

No, Callahan should be gone with Bruce. Bruce hired Callahan as assistant head coach and OL coach bc he had history with him dating back to their raiders day. Callahan is a Bruce ”yes man.”

line hasnt been terrible

manusky neess to be gone though and bruce

Just now, Vladimir L said:

keep him as a line coach

guy did a better job bringing haskin along than gruden

No way, he’ll undermine the next HC. No way should a Bruce yes man be retained and I don't think Bill will be if Bruce is fired. In fact, I think he’ll be the first to be fired if Brice is indeed fired.

8 minutes ago, Brian23 said:

My worry with how good Haskins and the rookies have been, that Bruce will use that to validate himself and just toss Manusky out to dry. Even though he's always picked awful defensive coaches.

If Bruce is retained, he NEVER had anything to worry about in the first place. Allen has 100 loses under his belt since joining this Organization. That alone should be enough to get him fired. 

Edited by Skins212689
  • Like 1

Just now, lavar703 said:

I wonder how far along he’d be if he had started all year? 

As I said way back when, I was on the "wait until after the early brutal schedule was done before turning over the reins to Haskins" train. He might be further ahead of where he is now, but he's advancing regularly. This is a good thing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

If beating the terrible giants saves Bruce then he wasn’t going anywhere in the first place 

Its that the team is looking better and better each week. All reports are that Dan doesn't seem to want to fire him. Any excuse is gonna be used.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

A lot further, Haskins could have looked like this is October if Gruden had wanted to develop him.

At the same time, Gruden didn't want to risk going with a rookie QB as his job was on the line.

Of course, by doing that, he gave up the easiest defense for keeping his job: "I have a rookie QB starting. It's going to be a work in progress."