TNF (Week 2): Texans @ Bengals

TheVillain112

Poll  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who sucks less?

• Texans
    • Bengals
    • Tie, because Bengals are involved

At least the Bengals don't have to wear that uniform anymore? They were ugly.

I seriously wonder what will happen to Marvin, dude's a good coach and I really don't think the bengals want to find another HC since he works so well with them. But two down seasons (assuming they don't turn it around) and considering the fact he's in a contract year more or less forces them to think about it. 

1 hour ago, everlong said:

Per Rotoworld:

The Bengals now have zero touchdowns through two home games to begin the season. No team has done that since the 1939 Philadelphia Eagles. (What's up, guys?) Dalton was stunningly ineffective, uncorking a number of concerningly-bad passes. At one point he attempted to flutter a knuckleball into the stands. The next play, he inexcusably overshot Brandon LaFell on what probably would have been a 73-yard touchdown. Dalton's protection left much to be desired, but time and again, he missed throws NFL quarterbacks are never supposed to miss. Through two starts, he doesn't look like the same player he's been the past few seasons. The Bengals travel to Lambeau Field in Week 3.

So just going to say this: If the Bengals cut Andy Dalton after this upcoming season, they save 13.9 million and have a dead cap amount of 2.4 million. 

Also, they allegedly have one of the better backup quarterbacks in the NFL in A.J. McCarron.  Now, I never thought particularly highly of McCarron, but if the situation is as dire as it has looked the past two weeks, they could give McCarron a shot. 

3 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Man I sure am struggling to see why ratings are down.

Must be the protesting.

I don't really blame the NFL for this game, to be honest. The early weeks are always so hard to predict, and a few months ago this game looked very much like it could be two 1-0 teams in contention for their respective divisions, with a few stars (Watt, Green) and an exciting rookie QB. I don't think anyone expected Cincy and Houston to melt down as bad as they did week 1, and I know I didn't think Cincy's offense would look this horrendous.

Just now, Jakuvious said:

I don't really blame the NFL for this game, to be honest. The early weeks are always so hard to predict, and a few months ago this game looked very much like it could be two 1-0 teams in contention for their respective divisions, with a few stars (Watt, Green) and an exciting rookie QB. I don't think anyone expected Cincy and Houston to melt down as bad as they did week 1, and I know I didn't think Cincy's offense would look this horrendous.

I think given the track record of Thursday night games, we can safely blame the NFL for it being a terrible product.

Ive heard Bengals fans saying over the last year or 2 that they wouldnt want to trade AJ McCarron for anything less than a 2nd rounder.   If thats the case and he has that potential, then he should get a chance to start if Andy Dalton continues to struggle.   If the Bengals lose next week and Dalton continues to suck out loud, they should really consider making the switch while their season is still potentially salvageable.    I doubt it happens though....I mean, if they've stuck by a mediocre coach like Marvin Lewis this long, I doubt they will feel pressured to bench Dalton anytime soon.  

4 minutes ago, Crickett said:

So just going to say this: If the Bengals cut Andy Dalton after this upcoming season, they save 13.9 million and have a dead cap amount of 2.4 million. 

Also, they allegedly have one of the better backup quarterbacks in the NFL in A.J. McCarron.  Now, I never thought particularly highly of McCarron, but if the situation is as dire as it has looked the past two weeks, they could give McCarron a shot. 

I think the smart solution would be to cut Dalton next offseason if this season progresses as is, use McCarron as a cheapish stop gap while you draft a proper QBOTF. And they may as well give McCarron the starting job at some point during the season, just because why not?

Archived