TheVillain112

Poll  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who sucks less?

• Texans
    • Bengals
    • Tie, because Bengals are involved

6 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I don't even think it's his fault. Losing two very strong parts of his OL doesn't help anything.

I mean, management gets some blame. But as soon as the guy breaks the pocket they might as well call the play dead. He threw the ball away on third down with nobody near him simply because Watt almost got an arm on him and he went into full on panic mode.

He's had a terrible offensive line for two games and has already developed David Carr syndrome.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

He's had a terrible offensive line for two games and has already developed David Carr syndrome.

Given his career to this point, he's never been in this spot before. He's always had a good OL until now. 

Doesn't take much to slip down that slope, especially if you've never been there after four years.

DeShaun Watson is far from perfect, but considering he had little practice with the starting offense on the road, on a short week against a solid NFL defense with a bad o-line protecting him he did alright. Could've easily been picked off 2 times though. 

Andy Dalton though, He's played 2 good-great defenses but he has just missed passes every NFL QB should be able to hit. I'm sure the protection's part of that, but something just looks off. 

All in all, a medicore NFL game that went down to the wire. 

23 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Given his career to this point, he's never been in this spot before. He's always had a good OL until now. 

Doesn't take much to slip down that slope, especially if you've never been there after four years.

Our OLine last season wasn't very good either.  But Dalton has gotten worse.  I mean we've seen Dalton struggle in prime time plenty but this is different.  Dude looks broken...

10 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Our OLine last season wasn't very good either.  But Dalton has gotten worse.  I mean we've seen Dalton struggle in prime time plenty but this is different.  Dude looks broken...

Zeitler and Whitworth were much better than what Cinci had tonight. 

Per Rotoworld:

The Bengals now have zero touchdowns through two home games to begin the season. No team has done that since the 1939 Philadelphia Eagles. (What's up, guys?) Dalton was stunningly ineffective, uncorking a number of concerningly-bad passes. At one point he attempted to flutter a knuckleball into the stands. The next play, he inexcusably overshot Brandon LaFell on what probably would have been a 73-yard touchdown. Dalton's protection left much to be desired, but time and again, he missed throws NFL quarterbacks are never supposed to miss. Through two starts, he doesn't look like the same player he's been the past few seasons. The Bengals travel to Lambeau Field in Week 3.

Archived