Sunday GDT 12/22

Matts4313

Just now, SkippyX said:

The Chandler Jones Trade is like this:

• The Cardinals got the best assets and spent a ton of money to pay Jones.
    • This helped them to go 22-38-2 since the trade.
  • The Patriots saved a huge amount on the cap and used it to pay other players on the way to 3 Super Bowls, 2 Championships, and a bye this year with a chance at more.

The Patriots won this trade even if the player helps the Cardinals D and plays really well.

That they had to trade Jones is what the league wants (some kind of parity) Imagine the Patriots with Jones on the last 4 teams.

This is why I really want Dallas to back the brinks truck up for Cooper and Dak.  It just doesn't work to build a roster.

The Patriots trading that elite asset up front allowed them to sign Stephon Gilmore. 

2 minutes ago, sherm said:

Right but we all know how that works. They stay quiet till his next loss.

I look at the whole picture. (and agree with what he said to Erin Andrews about leaving plays on the field)

Wentz was very good today but he was too high to Ertz inside the 5 and missed Goedert deep. That could have made the game a 21-3 blowout at halftime.

We will take the win and this goes on his record as a really good game in a playoff atmosphere, but I don't pretend he was legendary today.

Wentz is now 1-0 in must win games. 

As far as I can tell, Dak is now 1-3.

I'm OK with that for now.

12 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

How weird... Zeke has less than 100 yards and Cowboys lose. 

But I thought this was Dak team? Skip has pounded it into everyone ears all season long that Dak will take them as far as they can go. He has Kellen Moore and this new and improved offense that has made Dak into having his best season. No way could the Cowboys lose with Zeke having less than 100yds rushing when you have Dak throwing for 300+yds 3tds and amongst the best in QBR lol. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

This is the 3rd straight must in game that he has put the team on his back... I don't think anybody can hate on him and what he has done with what he has to work with. 

At least not this year.

People were so quick to crown him the next thing big thing in 2017, so it confuses me why it suddenly seems so hard for people to buy into him in 2019. Still some guys in the media who never stopped sipping the kool aid since 2017 (Cowherd... tough look) but he seemed to get written off by most. 

Kid is the real deal, no doubt in my mind. Is he going to ever be elite? TBD, but he’s proven that he did indeed overcome the injuries and is an upper echelon QB in this league. 

7 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

This is the 3rd straight must in game that he has put the team on his back... I don't think anybody can hate on him and what he has done with what he has to work with. 

At least not this year.

He is the winner of an MVP award that resides with Tom Brady because of his ACL injury in 2017. I don’t consider him elite but he’s given such a bad rap for Nick Foles orchestrating a miracle run. 

Just now, RandyMossIsBoss said:

People were so quick to crown him the next thing big thing in 2017, so it confuses me why it suddenly seems so hard for people to buy into him in 2019. Still some guys in the media who never stopped sipping the kool aid since 2017 (Cowherd... tough look) but he seemed to get written off by most. 

Kid is the real deal, no doubt in my mind. Is he going to ever be elite? TBD, but he’s proven that he did indeed overcome the injuries and is an upper echelon QB in this league. 

Agreed. Around 2017 he was an elite QB and now he’s purged into the deep end. He’s without question one of the better players at the position. At his peak he can be really really good even if I won’t give his position a ranking.

2 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

They do that to every QB... last year Goff was an MVP candidate and this year he is trash. 

I don't have any doubt with Wentz... I think he will be a top 10 QB throughout his career. Now if he can clean up some of his mistakes and improve mechanics, he can be a Top 5 QB like back in 2007.

2 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

They do that to every QB... last year Goff was an MVP candidate and this year he is trash. 

I don't have any doubt with Wentz... I think he will be a top 10 QB throughout his career. Now if he can clean up some of his mistakes and improve mechanics, he can be a Top 5 QB like back in 2007.

When he was 15?

14 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

I think the big thing with Wentz is that his WRs have been so hurt or bad this year and he has had some bad games.

The people that pay attention know he has had a good year for the most part  (including 4 perfectly placed TD catches that were dropped)

The hot take crowd was soiling themselves claiming Brees was the GoaT last week. Why care about them disrespecting Wentz?  They really only disrespect themselves 24/7

Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 1