WEEK 17 GDT - @SEATTLE

N4L

So if we win, there's actually a great chance we see the Seahawks again in two weeks. Don't like that at all, and will be interesting to see if Shanny shows all his cards this game or holds back knowing we can face them in the divisional round. Of course getting a 1st round bye is the most important thing but just something to think about. 

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So if we win, there's actually a great chance we see the Seahawks again in two weeks. Don't like that at all, and will be interesting to see if Shanny shows all his cards this game or holds back knowing we can face them in the divisional round. Of course getting a 1st round bye is the most important thing but just something to think about. 

Win Sunday. Everything else is 2nd.

• Like 1

Forge is right. Our offense will be what carries us from here given the injuries limiting our defense. The injuries really finally caught up with us against the falcons and rams. We had done a brilliant job of next man up the whole season long. But it's the injuries on the O line (particularly the loss of Weston Richburg) that have undermined what we do on offense (despite the unexpected and terrific versatility of one Daniel Brunskill). Atlanta and LA got to Jimmy through the middle and that's what I fear most will be our downfall in the postseason. It'll be an indicator how the interior O line plays tonight of how they will cope post season. 

As for the defense my biggest concern post season would be a repeat match up with the Saints IF we secure the number 1 seed tonight. In that crazy game at the dome we only slowed their offense down when their TE Cook got hurt on his second TD. He's healthy again and we were so worried rightly about Michael Thomas that Cook was wide open far too often. 

As for tonight's game bring it on I wouldn't have it any other way. This game really could go either way but if our O line can step up and do enough to protect Jimmy and he holds on to the frickin' ball this time and gets rid of it quicker then we can beat the Hawks no doubt about it. They haven't dealt with George Kittle at his finest and I hope he gives them fits tonight. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, uk9erfan said:

As for the defense my biggest concern post season would be a repeat match up with the Saints IF we secure the number 1 seed tonight. In that crazy game at the dome we only slowed their offense down when their TE Cook got hurt on his second TD. He's healthy again and we were so worried rightly about Michael Thomas that Cook was wide open far too often. 

Good points in your whole post. As for this section, we would almost certainly have Jaquiski Tartt back for a potential Saints rematch which alone will probably mean a great deal. Add in whatever we would hopefully get from Dee Ford for more than 4 snaps and even the potential (however likely) of a Kwon Alexander return at that point, and that could easily swing things back in our favor. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Good points in your whole post. As for this section, we would almost certainly have Jaquiski Tartt back for a potential Saints rematch which alone will probably mean a great deal. Add in whatever we would hopefully get from Dee Ford for more than 4 snaps and even the potential (however likely) of a Kwon Alexander return at that point, and that could easily swing things back in our favor. 

I love your optimism Y2. I will take several spoonfuls as medicine and you're right too, having those guys back and healthy would tip things in our favor (U. S. spelling as a polite nod of deference to this being what we here in the UK call American football) 😊

• Like 2