Week 17 GDT: Packers @ Detroit Lions

squire12

Just now, Sasquatch said:

Totally agree.  We need some creative and interesting new material to discuss at this point, but honestly, I’m not coming up with anything.  Our current ad nauseam discussions precipitated from a lack of interesting content, or lack of creativity - whichever.

Well dare I mention the "controversial" Twitter comments I post.......each or any one of them could be used as a basis for discussion.

They're not considered "final" or conclusive thoughts.

19 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I get the nauseating comments about recent discussions, but unless someone creates a list of alternative topics to discuss, it’s likely to continue.  There’s only so many horses to beat at this point.  Either bring some new horses, or go with flow.  Or, I suppose, you could tap out until there’s something new and interesting to discuss.

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

Well dare I mention the "controversial" Twitter comments I post.......each or any one of them could be used as a basis for discussion.

"Overthought", "Clickbait"

:D

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

They’ve been launch points of discussion for me in the past - several times - and I post a lot of tweets in here myself.  Maybe they’re just not juicy enough - I don’t know.

Just now, Leader said:

Out of all the ones you post, most of them are idiots who say the most absurd things imaginable.  Ben Fennell is almost exclusively the only one you post who even has a shred of sense. 

Just now, Sasquatch said:

They’ve been launch points of discussion for me in the past - several times - and I post a lot of tweets in here myself.  Maybe they’re just not juicy enough - I don’t know.

No.....they're not as comprehensive and juicy as the neverending topic.

The current AR saga - which has been raging at various temps since last year at least - is very similar to the Jeff Janis debate (or debacle) from years back. 
Folks on message boards went after each other.......errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.............."discussed" the Janis matter till......well it was dead, decomposed and buried six feet under......at which point its bones were dug up and the entire thing started over again.

Dicussion points such as: Idiot, dummy, agenda, whats wrong with you? - became staples of this crusade for some (apparently) undefinable truth - THAT WAS STARING EVERYBODY WITH TWO EYES FOR A LONG, LONG TIME........yet, reasoned, intelligent, family loving guys would chuck all that to go at each other endless over a backup (at the very best) WR.

Completely inexplicable. It was a social media phenomenon - and though the circumstances have change (AR is certainly more consequential than Janis could ever hope to become.....) there are similar traits to its endless......."discussion"

I dont personally care - I'd just ask this AR discussion be contained to a single thread rather than spill over on to multiple threads. The facts of the discussion are known already. 

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

No.....they're not as comprehensive and juicy as the neverending topic.

The current AR saga - which has been raging at various temps since last year at least - is very similar to the Jeff Janis debate (or debacle) from years back. 
Folks on message boards went after each other.......errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.............."discussed" the Janis matter till......well it was dead, decomposed and buried six feet under......at which point its bones were dug up and the entire thing started over again.

Dicussion points such as: Idiot, dummy, agenda, whats wrong with you? - became staples of this crusade for some (apparently) undefinable truth - THAT WAS STARING EVERYBODY WITH TWO EYES FOR A LONG, LONG TIME........yet, reasoned, intelligent, family loving guys would chuck all that to go at each other endless over a backup (at the very best) WR.

Completely inexplicable. It was a social media phenomenon - and though the circumstances have change (AR is certainly more consequential than Janis could ever hope to become.....) there are similar traits to its endless......."discussion"

I dont personally care - I'd just ask this AR discussion be contained to a single thread rather than spill over on to multiple threads. The facts of the discussion are known already. 

This forum can be fun and interesting at times - typically on game day.  Then, it descends into a crevice of darkness during the week.  Tapping out is making more sense to me, considering I add very little substance to this shlt-show anyways.

10 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

This forum can be fun and interesting at times - typically on game day.  Then, it descends into a crevice of darkness during the week.  Tapping out is making more sense to me, considering I add very little substance to this shlt-show anyways.

Agreed.  Tapping out make sense more and more on subjects that just keep going on and on.  Minds are made up and no matter what side a person is on … just never dies.  

57 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Agreed.  Tapping out make sense more and more on subjects that just keep going on and on.  Minds are made up and no matter what side a person is on … just never dies.  

Nobody should talk about anything then I guess?

Everyone sit silently

1 hour ago, Sasquatch said:

Hey! Zero substance posts are the only thing I have! I'm not tapping out. I can probably go negative substantive.

• Like 1