Week 17 GDT: Packers @ Detroit Lions

squire12

Just now, Leader said:

Agree. Thats why I didnt want DET getting him. At the least, if for no known reason they decided to pass on Young, they'd have received a haul of draft picks in return.

Detroit would run the pick up before the Bengals even announce their selection.  I don't agree with it, but Washington has motivation to at least consider taking Andrew Thomas.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Detroit would run the pick up before the Bengals even announce their selection.  I don't agree with it, but Washington has motivation to at least consider taking Andrew Thomas.

Dont know the guy but I presume he's an OT?

He THAT good an OT that you pass up Young?

He better be good.......

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Dont know the guy but I presume he's an OT?

He THAT good an OT that you pass up Young?

He better be good.......

Yes.  He's definitely not on the same tier as Chase Young by any means, but if the Redskins' FO (and by that I mean Dan Snyder) wants to ensure that Dwayne Haskins is successful, they could view grabbing a franchise LT as the ideal situation.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Yeah, that is true! What do you think it would take to get that pick from Cincinnati if you are Detroit? If they liked Thomas that much and were good with either would a second do it for Detroit? 

10 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Yeah, that is true! What do you think it would take to get that pick from Cincinnati if you are Detroit? If they liked Thomas that much and were good with either would a second do it for Detroit? 

I can't see how Cincinnati even entertains moving that pick.  IF the Bengals move down to 3, someone would almost assuredly move up to 2 to select Joe Burrow, and in that case you're now Cincinnati without a franchise QB (Joe Burrow) or a potential game-changing pass rusher (Chase Young).  That's literally a worse case scenario.  For Cincinnati, they either go BPA (Chase Young) or grab a franchise QB (Joe Burrow).  Trading down isn't an option.  It'd take an RG3-like package to even get me to consider that if I'm the Bengals.