Week 17 GDT: Packers @ Detroit Lions

squire12

Just now, Leader said:

Lily Zhao -  Za’Darius Smith told us he’s hoping to have the team over at his house tonight if they get back tonight to watch the Seahawks 49ers game.

First of all, awesome! Secondly, how big is his house? I know he gets paid a lot of money but 53 + 10 practice squad guys in one house? 

I love this team.  6-9-1 to possibly the 1st seed in the crazy NFC?  I mean, it could be worse.  In fact, it is worse for every other team in the NFL with the exception of the Ravens.  The one thing we could be upset about is Aaron Rodgers.  That's the one problem we have.  And if Aaron Rodgers is the one problem we have and we're not playing against him, that's not so bad.  

48 minutes ago, FAH1223 said:

he can't connect long bombs to the WR corp we have

I am absolutely confident if we had signed a Crowder to be our slot WR and had another WR who can run as well as a legit NFL TE... Rodgers would be able to make more big plays

With that said, Rodgers has SUCKED the last couple games. Easy *** throws he isn't making. 

All Gute needs to do is give our elite QB no less than three upgraded targets in the passing game, and then we can be confident that Rodgers should be able to make some big plays?  That's fantastic.  As an alternative, I would suggest that maybe the focus should be on how to restore some of the accuracy that Rodgers has lost. It's not going to matter who the targets are as long as Rodgers keeps missing simple throws to open receivers.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

All Gute needs to do is give our elite QB no less than three upgraded targets in the passing game, and then we can be confident that Rodgers should be able to make some big plays?  That's fantastic.  As an alternative, I would suggest that maybe the focus should be on how to restore some of the accuracy that Rodgers has lost. It's not going to matter who the targets are as long as Rodgers keeps missing simple throws to open receivers.  

He needs to work on his mechanics .. he can't do things with his body he used to be able to do a few years back.  He's lost some arm talent to years and injury.

• Like 1

Ryan Wood -  Packers QB Aaron Rodgers on his day: "Too many missed throws. Felt good about the throws, that’s the crazy thing. Felt good about some of those I overthrew by a couple yards. Just a little bit off at times. But when we had to make some plays we made some plays."