notthatbluestuff

Who wins the NFC East?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the NFC East?

• Dallas Cowboys
    • Philadelphia Eagles

35 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:
54 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

So you need $100 mill to get your team back to the point where you can’t beat the Eagles’ practice squad for the division. Cool 

This post is perfect.

That post is stupid from a logic standpoint, but I guess it was a creative quip. 

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Lol @ cowboys fans trying to spin losing the division into a positive. You know deep down they wanted the NFC EAST title. They're clearly trying to pimp out that 18th or whatever overall pick lmao. If the roles were reversed, I'm sure they'd be trying to justify their chances of winning their home playoff game and going on a run. Eagles fans can at least say they get to look forward to watching their team play at least 1 more game this season. Cowboys fans can't say that.

Funny, that Eagles fans are pretending they didnt say for a month that they wanted to lose the division.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Dak and Amari are the "important ones" then?

No Robert Quinn, no Sean Lee, no Byron Jones?

No Lee, he considered retiring last season. Probably no Crawford (+$8m). Which brings us to ~$94m With the option to get to another ~$30m through restructure (@MKnight82).

Dak gets a little more than Wentz/Goff. Based on Wilsons Contract, thats a first year cap hit of ~$25m - $30m

Cooper will get something around Thomas/Jones. A first year cap hit of ~$15M - $20M

Quinn  ~$7.5 - $10m/yr

Cobb ~$2.5m - $5m/yr

Bennett and Collins no more than a couple mil each. 

Which means for all the players I expect to be resigned, I think reasonably we will spend ~$50M - $65M 1st year. But you know how contracts are, you can manipulate them however you want.

So that means all the core players (besides our #2 CB (who is all pro)) - plus $30-$45m left over. And again, another ~$30m we can tap in restructures. 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Funny, that Eagles fans are pretending they didnt say for a month that they wanted to lose the division.

Why would anyone want to miss the playoffs?  That seems insane to me, especially in the NFL.  One game eliminations.... you can get super hot and win four games for a championship.  We've seen that in the past.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

Why would anyone want to miss the playoffs?  That seems insane to me, especially in the NFL.  One game eliminations.... you can get super hot and win four games for a championship.  We've seen that in the past.

They said for a the entire month of November their team was to crappy to win anything and they wanted to tank the season. Then started the 4 game win streak - - during that time they were *P1SSED* they were winning. Up until they beat us. Once they beat us, the forum did a solid 180 and now wanted to win the division to rub it in our face. 

9 minutes ago, showtime said:

Because the likelihood of catching the Cowboys seemed low, and the likelihood of winning a playoff game seemed non-existent. The first was accomplished, and the 2nd seems POSSIBLE, now. Though definitely not probable. 

All in all, I'd like to see Jim Schwartz gone. Our offensive coordinator and Wide Receivers coaches absolutely 100% SHOULD go.  I think only the latter will likely happen.

tl;dr If you don't view yourself as a legit Super Bowl contender (usually the top 5-7 teams depending on the year), then securing better assets is the advantageous strategy for the long game. Thinking pragmatically rather than emotionally.

I will be the first to admit that I wanted to lose out before, but after the Giants win the first time around (where things actually started to look genuinely better by this team, even if against a bad opponent), I thought of it as a win-win. Either we get better assets, or I get to enjoy a more entertaining product on the field.

Edited by Danger

14 minutes ago, showtime said:
18 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

He's intentionally leaving out the main reason for most, a Jason Garrett 10 yr extension. As beat up as the Eagles are , realistically their not making a Deep run winning the SB given the litany of key injuries. If by some miracle they did, it would be possibly the most unlikeliest in history.

So the vast majority of us were weighing the Clapper staying HC or being fired which Jerry almost certainly has to do now. Which sucks. Hence Dallas for the Win?

That feeling has long past though seeing Jerry's face in PC.

Edited by Nabbs4u

4 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

He's intentionally leaving out the main reason for most, a Jason Garrett 10 yr extension. As beat up as the Eagles are , realistically their not making a Deep run winning the SB given the litany of key injuries. If by some miracle they did, it would be possibly the most unlikeliest in history.

So the vast majority of us were weighing the Clapper staying HC or being fired which Jerry almost certainly has to do now. Which sucks. Hence Dallas for the Win?

That feeling has long past though seeing Jerry's face in PC.

Just me, but I couldn't care less who the Cowboys head coach is. They're insignificant in the grand scheme of things in today's NFL. They haven't reached the conference championship game in how long? They're an afterthought in history for the past 25 years. Until they prove to me that they're anything more than a bump in the road for the good teams and organizations I'm going to continue to view them as molehill.

Edit: my math was off by a couple seasons I think. I don't know how many but it's 20+ seasons.

Edited by Danger

4 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

After week 3: SB here we come!

After week 17: L-O-L I am actually glad we didn't win the division.

You hate to see it, especially to THE Dallas fricken Cowboys. #1 in fans. #1 in merch. #1 facilities. #1 in relevance. Just a shame. Sure it's all on JG and once he's gone everything will be fixed.

Wow man, did you have a come to Jesus moment? You seem like a whole knew, much better, smarter poster.