hornbybrown

Kevin Stefanski,

Greg Roman

Mike McCarthy

Robert Saleh

Josh McDaniels

Dennis Allen

-----

No one so far is that elite culture/program leader to compete with John Harbaugh and Mike Tomlin's program.

Out of the list, I guess it's Mike McCarthy and Kevin Stefanski as the leaders.

Looks like this coaching search is more of the same foolishness. 

No innovation... no vision.. certainly not the vision or depth of knowledge it took to hire non-traditional leaders of men like Harbaugh and Tomlin... 

.. but then again... we don't have the benefit of having Ozzie Newsome or Kevin Colbert running our coaching search...

... it's going to be a bumpy ride...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Kevin Stefanski,

Greg Roman

Mike McCarthy

Robert Saleh

Josh McDaniels

Dennis Allen

-----

No one so far is that elite culture/program leader to compete with John Harbaugh and Mike Tomlin's program.

No innovation... no vision.. certainly not the vision or depth of knowledge it took to hire non-traditional leaders of men like Harbaugh and Tomlin... 

.. but then again... we don't have the benefit of having Ozzie Newsome or Kevin Colbert running our coaching search...

Who do you want?

I want Jim Caldwell since we can’t get Rivera 

41 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Kevin Stefanski,

Greg Roman

Mike McCarthy

Robert Saleh

Josh McDaniels

Dennis Allen

-----

Come on dude you don’t know this at all 😂

7 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Who do you want?

I want Jim Caldwell since we can’t get Rivera 

As a leader Caldwell might be fine.

As a clock, challange, and when to go for it game manager, he is horrible.

I watched too many colts games that he was JUST BAD at.

The Lions had to get him a coach to help make those decisions because he was aweful at it.

I don't think he would make my list of people to consider.

49 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Kevin Stefanski,

Greg Roman

Mike McCarthy

Robert Saleh

Josh McDaniels

Dennis Allen

-----

Posts like these are online huckster bull ****.

Crap in every possible scenario so you can be “right.” Which is more important than anything.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Crap in every possible scenario so you can be “right.” Which is more important than anything.

Seriously.

I mean, great coaches like Harbaugh and Tomlin don't become available often. There's rarely a year where there's a for sure home run hire available at HC. There's a certain level of risk and uncertainty with whoever you hire.

1 minute ago, DawgX said:

Seriously.

I mean, great coaches like Harbaugh and Tomlin don't become available often. There's rarely a year where there's a for sure home run hire available at HC. There's a certain level of risk and uncertainty with whoever you hire.

Tomlin was a secondary coach who was put into a great situation, let’s not confuse things.

He had the greatest defensive coordinator in modern football history and a HOF QB in his prime.  His situation wasn’t difficult comparatively speaking.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Tomlin was a secondary coach who was put into a great situation, let’s not confuse things.

He had the greatest defensive coordinator in modern football history and a HOF QB in his prime.  His situation wasn’t difficult comparatively speaking.

Oh for sure. Although I think what he did this year was impressive.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I don't give a f*** about whatever it is you think I give f*** about...

Me saying that the approach of interviewing 3 Hot-name coordinators, 1st year HCs (Roman, Stefanski, Saleh) as well as McCarthy, McDaniels, Allen is not particularly creative, visionary, or innovative shouldn't be all that controversial of a statement. There are long-standing highly successful Special Teams Coordinators or non-traditional Head Coaches/Candidates (College HCs and Coordinators with NFL experience) that can also be considered for a rare-skills position.

If the goal is finding an exceptional leader for the organization, then it's likely going to take turning over every stone and searching high in low everywhere for such an individual. Such individuals aren't all that easy to find especially if we're competing in the same looking locations every other traditionalist search approach takes.

It's not about huckster-ism or crapping in every scenario or whatever the hell.

I made a comment about 6 specific names of which each various FF posters have had their own issues or critiques about each one of those candidates on their own apart from anything I've had to say about them.I had McCarthy and Stefanski at the top out of that current list.

If you think 1 of Kevin Stefanski, Greg Roman, Mike McCarthy, Robert Saleh, Josh McDaniels, and Dennis Allen are going to be the high quality culture/program leader to get us to the next level, then that's your opinion... have fun with it...

My point being that if you're are seeking to find a human being with uncommon traits and uncommon ability (i.e., leadership, culture, program building) it stands to reason that we should incorporate a search that seeks to interview uncommon/non-traditional sources of future NFL Head Coaching talent (College HCs with NFL Experience, College HCs, Special Teams Coordinators, Assistant Head Coaches), especially given the millions upon millions of dollars at our organizations disposal and how important the hire is.

42 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Come on dude you don’t know this at all 😂

Roman, Saleh, and Allen's reputations precede them. People around the league don't think they are culture/program builders that can compete at a high level. People have their own personal stories and qualms about McDaniels. That leaves McCarthy and Stefanski of which I had as the top guys out of that list. Stefanski's a big question mark and maybe in the end he'll be able to. McCarthy has been to the top of the mountain and had a lot of wins but question have arisen from defensive and offensive players and past coaches under him regarding the quality/staleness of his program and led to them questioning if he can effectively lead a competitive program in today's game.

So, when I say the process of generating names to interview doesn't yet seem visionary, creative or innovative based on the candidates list, that's my opinion. And I acknowledge that just because an approach is creative or innovative doesn't mean it's better. 

My point being that if you're are seeking to find a human being with uncommon traits and uncommon ability (i.e., leadership, culture, program building) it stands to reason that we should incorporate a search that seeks to interview uncommon/non-traditional sources of future NFL Head Coaching talent (College HCs with NFL Experience, College HCs, Special Teams Coordinators, Assistant Head Coaches), especially given the millions upon millions of dollars at our organizations disposal and how important the hire is.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1