Divisional: TEN@BAL

Manny/Patrick

3 minutes ago, Danand said:

The run defense improved a lot after the Browns game. The Browns game and the Titans game shouldn't be compared as it was two completely different defenses/players in those two games. The running game, mostly on outside runs, was the area most Ravens fans were concerned we could get beat. For Henry it didn't matter last night whether it was inside and outside, he just ran all over the Ravens defense and broke a couple of big plays that helped Titans to score points and flip field position.

Mohstert also ran for over 140+ and Joe Mixon ran for 100+ and they also let Le'veon and the Jets run for 87 yards which was his highest total of the season.    So yea I believe it has more to do with the Ravens were blowing teams out that they didn't have a chance to run as evidenced by the 21.2 attempts per game which was lowest in the league.

11 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

Tennessee scored more points off Lamar turnovers than the Ravens did in the game. Nothing Lamar did equated in many points and the fumble was lolz. Most of the drops were due to the ball placement. 

Yeah can’t blame drops here, the passes were always a few inches off from being completely catchable. Derek Carr has this same problem and Raider fans always use it as an excuse for Carr. 

Edited by BayRaider

11 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Man that's got to be the kindest thing someone has ever said about Brandon Jacobs.

Jacobs was a beast in his prime. 6’4” 250. Averaged 4.5 YPC in his career. Had a season with 15 TDs. His prime was too short though - as Henry’s will be. 

4 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Can’t argue against this point. But Jackson is only 22 years old, I think its unfair to expect the dude to not have help and watch as he puts up 96% of his teams offensive production and say he had a “bad” game. He didn’t play great or even good. But he played well enough.

DeCosta’s mission moving forward will be to get Jackson another weapon- preferably one that’s durable... and to improve the athleticism of the defense within the front 7. But Lamar is not a gimmick, if he doesn’t have what 9 dropped passes this game (that I can recall), then he looks a lot better. I mean all teams have drops but there were absolutely too many of them this game.

no, he didnt. he was not good passing the football. yes he needs another wr but he still was not good and it s not even really debatable. he had a fantastic year and hes the likely mvp but tonight makes you realize how much he still has to work on. its extremely unlikely hes running 20 times a game in 2-3 years, he needs to continue to progress as a passer if hes going to be a top tier qb.

On 1/6/2020 at 10:28 AM, RavensfanRD said:

That good ole AFC Central action on its way. I don't like the Titans and they don't like my Ravens. This is bigger than the Titans! The Ravens are on a mission and the Titans are in the way. Time for them to be moved. I need more revenge against Dean Pees and his blasphemous ways costing my Ravens more chips. As it was then and it is now still 

Ravens 40 - Titans 17

I WANT ALL THE SMOKE! LET'S GO!!!!

Damn you were right 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Why is it that every time he doesn’t have a good game its suddenly a blueprint, but when other QBs struggle its a bad game? Makes no sense. So the blueprint is to get up by 14 points and have the Ravens prematurely abandon the rushing attack forcing Lamar to throw the ball 60 times??? Good luck with that blueprint. If Ravens receivers are catching passes, this game is a lot different. 

Also his bulk numbers weren’t simply fine, if they came in a win and say 3 TDs... it would be one of the best playoff games ever played. The reality is his turnovers hurt the squad. But his bulk numbers more than makes up for his negative plays. If 1 TO cancels out 100 yards, Lamar still finishes with 200 yards total and 1 TD... solid game.

Because he’s a young QB in his second year. For young QB’s and more particularly running QB’s it might take awhile for the league to figure them out and find tendencies they can take advantage of, but they usually do. It’s more about whether 5 years in they are able to play at a high level than going on a rip year one or year two. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

When Baltimore got into that huge deficit it's like they didn't know what to do. The drops sucked, but the entire offense was out of sync the larger the lead got. Seemed like it anyway. 

After a great year I was the most disappointed in Greg Roman yesterday. Glad he laid an egg but he sure didn't help his young QB and offense out. 

8 hours ago, DannyB said:

...What Henry is doing in the NFL playoffs is parallel to what Ezekiel Elliott did in college?? Yikes.

I feel like you just wanted to bring up Ezekiel Elliott.

No, please don't misunderstand me. I am in no way trying to slight what Derrick Henry has done the last three weeks. That has been a truly special run - and the reason that the Titans are where they are today.

Same way that Zeke propelled the Bucks to the 2014 title. And Zeke has not  been a slouch in the NFL either.