GDT DIVISIONAL PLAYOFFS: Packers vs Seattle Seahawks

squire12

15 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

Yeah the reference mark is the chains on the other side of the field. That one is probably still a lot more reliable than the TV yellow marker though. If you keep an eye on it, the yellow line moves like half a yard over the course of the play on broadcast. 

Yeah for sure. I'm just saying that marker isn't laser accurate either. That's all.

Some salty weirdo in the general going off about the fumble didn't matter bc we stopped them? I don't recall if that's how it went but whatever, but this was SO IMPORTANT bc it decided the game, as if it was 4th down and we couldn't get 12 inches. 

And they never ever change spots like this, only for OOB stuff with feet. If it goes down in the field of play like that, it's NEVER changed. It wasn't some insane conspiracy, it's what happens.

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

Yeah for sure. I'm just saying that marker isn't laser accurate either. That's all.

Some salty weirdo in the general going off about the fumble didn't matter bc we stopped them? I don't recall if that's how it went but whatever, but this was SO IMPORTANT bc it decided the game, as if it was 4th down and we couldn't get 12 inches. 

And they never ever change spots like this, only for OOB stuff with feet. If it goes down in the field of play like that, it's NEVER changed. It wasn't some insane conspiracy, it's what happens.

Spot Aaron 50 yards and I'm thinking we get some points from the fumble. Seeing as how they pinned us inside our own 10 after we eventually stopped them I'd say that was a considerable swing for the Hawks.

It also changes the whole dynamic of the game. The fumble mattered and salty fan can stay salty.

• Like 1

I think it was pretty clear throughout the game that the yellow line was off from the actual line to gain by more than 6 inches. You could see it in strange spots the refs seemed to be giving. On that particular play there is a shot somewhere of the actual first down marker and the yellow line. You can see the line appears past the line to gain by quite a bit.

Man, of all the things that happened in this game I think the most memorable to me will be Jaire with a free run at Wilson and Wilson flat out not sensing him.  I was holding my breath on that play wondering if Jaire could force a fumble and take it back for two points.  If there’s one play that killed Seattle’s comeback, I think it was that one.  Just seemed to take the certainty of coming back out of Seattle and it changed all the 2014 The Great Sorrow vibe.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Man, of all the things that happened in this game I think the most memorable to me will be Jaire with a free run at Wilson and Wilson flat out not sensing him.  I was holding my breath on that play wondering if Jaire could force a fumble and take it back for two points.  If there’s one play that killed Seattle’s comeback, I think it was that one.  Just seemed to take the certainty of coming back out of Seattle and it changed all the 2014 The Great Sorrow vibe.  

that's the game changing play. that one stop turned the tide in our favor. 

Just now, Jaire_Island said:

that's the game changing play. that one stop turned the tide in our favor. 

And it was so intense, too.  There was no doubt in my mind that Jaire was going to bring Wilson down, so it was a very weird play.  I was like, "It's still two points for us if he returns this to the endzone, right?" 

It was a magical moment. 

29 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

And it was so intense, too.  There was no doubt in my mind that Jaire was going to bring Wilson down, so it was a very weird play.  I was like, "It's still two points for us if he returns this to the endzone, right?" 

It was a magical moment. 

The lame part is that didn’t even count as a sack.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

It was a magical moment. 

I did the we're going to score 2 points thought too, even during the replay I was wondering it

Just now, Norm said:

I did the we're going to score 2 points thought too, even during the replay I was wondering it

I just couldn't help but think, "If Jaire takes this ball out of Russell's hands and takes it to the house he could do anything short of Rae Carruth/Darren Sharper and be my favorite Packer of all-time. 

• Like 1

Ben Fennell -  Packers Rookies vs SEA

Elgton Jenkins - 64 snaps. Continued strong rookie year at LG
Jace Sternberger - 28 snaps on offense, doubling his previous high LB
Ty Summers - 20 snaps on special teams. Solid Core-4 member all year
Kingsley Keke (3 snaps)
Rashan Gary (10 snaps)

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Preston Smith's sack late in the fourth forced SEA to punt and that also helped.  The best thing is we got a couple of first downs in the ensuing drive and ate up the rest of the clock and they never got the ball back.

5 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Go off of your recollection here...have we blitzed Jaire at all this year?  

Wilson obviously didn't see it coming.  That had to have rattled him a little bit and maybe left him thinking a little more on the following possessions, the big one which ended with a sack by Preston.

I can't help but think that the Jaire blitz made Wilson think a little bit more after it happened and it may have given just a tick more time for our guys to get home.

But yah, great call, great play by Jaire.

For this defense to become really nasty, they need to start ripping down at the point of the sack to get a few strip fumbles.  That would be nice to see.