2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

On 6/21/2020 at 7:34 AM, Nabbs4u said:

It's about as likely to occur then Jamal Adams dictating where he wants to go or else! If the Jets FO wants to send him to Purgatory because that team is offering the best overall package. You best your ***, it's at Joe's discretion 

@Nabbs4u this did not age well

3 hours ago, Danger said:

That's too steep for getting Adams along with the contract he's going to want.

Yep, love Adams as a player.
But those picks + an ok starting safety + the contract....not the smartest use of assets for sure, but when has that ever stopped the Seahawks. Licking in Wilson in the 3rd has covered up years of questionable to just plain dumb decisions. They tricked themselves that they are the only ones to think on the 4th dimension.

40 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yep, love Adams as a player.
But those picks + an ok starting safety + the contract....not the smartest use of assets for sure, but when has that ever stopped the Seahawks. Licking in Wilson in the 3rd has covered up years of questionable to just plain dumb decisions. They tricked themselves that they are the only ones to think on the 4th dimension.

you can make head scratching first round picks when you draft as well in the mid rounds as they do. 

2 hours ago, Scalamania said:
On 6/21/2020 at 7:34 AM, Nabbs4u said:

It's about as likely to occur then Jamal Adams dictating where he wants to go or else! If the Jets FO wants to send him to Purgatory because that team is offering the best overall package. You best your ***, it's at Joe's discretion 

@Nabbs4u this did not age well

What didn't age, curious? Joe did exactly what that post described. Seattle might not be Purgatory but they got the Kings ransom they felt justified a trade and not the BS 1st rd pick or less type offers Dallas fans and Jerry was supposedly trying to offer.

If anything that post aged like fine wine because he's not a Cowboy getting his wish, thanks.🍷

Edited by Nabbs4u

5 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

What didn't age, curious? Joe did exactly what that post described. Seattle might not be Purgatory but they got the Kings ransom they felt justified a trade and not the BS 1st rd pick or less type offers Dallas fans and Jerry was supposedly trying to offer.

If anything that post aged like fine wine because he's not a Cowboy getting his wish, thanks.🍷

I believe Seattle was on his list. So at the end of the day Jamal got his way. This has nothing to do with Dallas and everything to do with you insisting that a player can't dictate a trade. 

37 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I believe Seattle was on his list. So at the end of the day Jamal got his way. This has nothing to do with Dallas and everything to do with you insisting that a player can't dictate a trade. 

Nabbs just underestimated Adams appeal. I mean every team on his list probably would want him on their team. I mean he is a top 3 safety and super young. 

2 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

you can make head scratching first round picks when you draft as well in the mid rounds as they do. 

I don't know what it is, but in all of Pro Sports I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. They are god awful in the first round routinely, but equally phenomenal in the later rounds.

10 hours ago, Scalamania said:

I gave multiple examples when it’s happened in the past. He didn’t want to answer the post. It happens frequently in the NFL. 

9 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Nabbs just underestimated Adams appeal. I mean every team on his list probably would want him on their team. I mean he is a top 3 safety and super young. 

You would have to think Seattle had some competition for the trade to net that kind of haul. I find it hard to believe that they were negotiating against themselves. That was a lot of draft stock to give up. 

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

You would have to think Seattle had some competition for the trade to net that kind of haul. I find it hard to believe that they were negotiating against themselves. That was a lot of draft stock to give up. 

Especially when you consider the cap seems to be going down a bit due to COVID rather than up. Draft picks are going to be worth more than usual.

I said Joe wouldn't trade Adams for peanuts just to cater to his demands. Trade him to Dallas because that's where he wanted to go. You guys are acting as though the Kings Ransom Douglas just got back didn't play a factor in him getting traded?

Adams could run his mouth 24/7 , bad mouth every FO Personnel in the building and if the Jets were getting low balled with offers, he'd still be in NY. Douglas set a price from the jump, one no one wanted to pay for 2 months, until yesterday. Pete went full Godfather,  and Joe collected.

Edited by Nabbs4u

42 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I said Joe wouldn't trade Adams for peanuts just to cater to his demands. Trade him to Dallas because that's where he wanted to go. You guys are acting as though the Kings Ransom Douglas just got back didn't play a factor in him getting traded?

Adams could run his mouth 24/7 , bad mouth every FO Personnel in the building and if the Jets were getting low balled with offers, he'd still be in NY. Douglas set a price from the jump, one no one wanted to pay for 2 months, until yesterday. Pete went full Godfather,  and Joe collected.

Your initial point was that JD could trade him to NFL purgatory because he was running his mouth. And a player’s list doesn’t mean anything. Don’t you think agents are smart and know how to play the game? These aren’t just fly off the handle comments. Adams and specifically his agent are well versed in these things. There’s ways to getting what you want. 

I don’t get what you don’t understand? Let’s just say Jax is your “purgatory”. Jax could offer 3 1st rounders and the Jets would send him packing. But since Adams has no intentions on signing an extension with them why in the hell would Jax’ FO send that package to acquire him? Makes no sense. So, obviously any team acquiring Adams for that steep of a price knows he’s going to want to resign there. And for the Jets to maximize their return, they’d HAVE to trade him to a team on Adams’ list. Simple. 

The Jets don’t receive that kind of offer if their not on Adams’ list. Plainly. So, yes, a player has all the power in the world in these regards. A team can just say yea, sit and rot. But what good does that do? Seattle put a huge package together for him which is the only surprising thing. It’s very possible they were negotiating against themselves. Most of the teams on Adams list didn’t have the ability to even acquire him, much less pay him. The Eagles for instance would never give that kind of package up. And pay him top dollar to boot a year later. 

40 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

What an insane trade. I still can't believe how much Seattle gave up. I'd be so pissed if I was a fan of theirs. Two 1sts, a 3rd, and a starting safety. Like imagine having zero first round picks for the next 2 years. I'd hate April.

While true, draft picks and certainly 1st rounders are far more valuable before the draft. After the draft it’s more reasonable. And sometimes, Wentz and CLE, the haul pales in comparison.