2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

48 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

What an insane trade. I still can't believe how much Seattle gave up. I'd be so pissed if I was a fan of theirs. Two 1sts, a 3rd, and a starting safety. Like imagine having zero first round picks for the next 2 years. I'd hate April.

how much value does a first round pick next year really have when there might not even be a college season? 

2 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

how much value does a first round pick next year really have when there might not even be a college season? 

Depends what college FB does I suppose, but it doesn't lose a ton. We still know who the good QBs, WRs, Lineman are for the most part, yeah some will lose the opportunity to really elevate themselves, but you I think that will help certain guys not get overthought about and stop some of the overdrafting.

My guess, if we have a season, is they'll bump college FB to February-April, and they'll do the predraft stuff in May, draft will be in June.

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Depends what college FB does I suppose, but it doesn't lose a ton. We still know who the good QBs, WRs, Lineman are for the most part, yeah some will lose the opportunity to really elevate themselves, but you I think that will help certain guys not get overthought about and stop some of the overdrafting.

My guess, if we have a season, is they'll bump college FB to February-April, and they'll do the predraft stuff in May, draft will be in June.

I'm just saying yeah that deal does look loaded but it also might just be a reflection of the current times. 

4 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Most of the teams on Adams list didn’t have the ability to even acquire him

I agree with your entire post but this is was primarily my point. If Joe never receives this type of package, Adams is never dealt, period. Never dealt for the BS trade proposals Dallas fans were suggesting like a singular 1st nor the real life package Jerry thought he could offer to the Jets because Jamal was "Disgruntled" and the Jets must be forced to trade.

If Seattle's or any Team on his supposed list Top offer was that above, no matter what Adams and his Agent cooked up, hed be a Jet. He was never getting traded unless Joe got his value. A value from whichever team gave it to him. You think Douglas cares if Adams resigns with Seattle or Another franchise post trade? He doesn't, nor should he.

Adams could just as easily be in the same boat next offseasons still trying to force his way to Dallas. Ala Clowney not resigning post Houston trade. Doubt it but a risk Seattle was willing to take to get him in house and at the table for negotiations but a potential 2020 SB run.

6 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I agree with your entire post but this is was primarily my point. If Joe never receives this type of package, Adams is never dealt, period. Never dealt for the BS trade proposals Dallas fans were suggesting like a singular 1st nor the real life package Jerry thought he could offer to the Jets because Jamal was "Disgruntled" and the Jets must be forced to trade.

If Seattle's or any Team on his supposed list Top offer was that above, no matter what Adams and his Agent cooked up, hed be a Jet. He was never getting traded unless Joe got his value. A value from whichever team gave it to him. You think Douglas cares if Adams resigns with Seattle or Another franchise post trade? He doesn't, nor should he.

Adams could just as easily be in the same boat next offseasons still trying to force his way to Dallas. Ala Clowney not resigning post Houston trade. Doubt it but a risk Seattle was willing to take to get him in house and at the table for negotiations but a potential 2020 SB run.

Why would a team that knows adams doesnt want to play for them try to trade for him?

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

I'm just saying yeah that deal does look loaded but it also might just be a reflection of the current times. 

It's all certainly up in the air, ways to talk yourself in and out of a lot of stuff.

Like with us and signing Clowney. Can argue both sides of it with this season being the way it is.

34 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

You’re missing it. Joe is only getting that kind of trade offer because of the list. If Cincy swooped in: 

Cincy: Hey Joe. Don’t do the SEA deal. We’ll give you 4 1sts. 
Joe: OK. Hold on. 

Joe to Adams

Joe: We got an offer from Cincy. We’re going to send you there. 
Adams: I’d never re-sign with a rebuilding team. I want to be on a team ready to win. As my list presented. 

Joe to Cincy: 

Joe: We like the deal but Jamal informed us he has no desire to re-sign with you. 
Cincy: Deal is off. Thanks  

Thus, Adams is sent to SEA. Joe was VERY fortunate he got that kind of deal. Sure, if all that was offered was a 2nd or so then maybe you take the risk he sits out. And even if, he sits out, severely lowers his value and gets moved for little next year. But, to the point, if player is disgruntled and wants out, just give him his papers. It only proves to hurt both parties. Sure, they can be petulant children but essentially you’re just taking a very valuable player and damaging his value and risk getting basically pennies on the dollar. I don’t agree with everything so public because no one comes out looking good. Adams looks like a baby. Jets look like a losing, incompetent FO that doesn’t take care of their players. But that’s the price of doing business. 

14 minutes ago, RBreezy said:

Does anyone else think that the NFL is screwed unless they create a bubble? The MLB is about ton get shellacked I feel. You can't have all these teams traveling around 

i dont think they can create a bubble they should honestly just cancel the season so should MLB.

NBA has small rosters and NHL was able to go to a country that isn't mentally unstable. 

Edited by ninjapirate

26 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

So Josh Allen and Jimmy Garroppllo are above Carson in the top 100 NFL network is doing and all I cna ask is why? both those guys suck. 

Well Jimmy Garroppollo was carried to a super bowl appearance by his defense (ala Eli Manning)

Josh Allen...... who knows.

4 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

i dont think they can create a bubble they should honestly just cancel the season so should MLB.

NBA has small rosters and NHL was able to go to a country that isn't mentally unstable. 

yeah the infrastructure to have all the teams together would be immense, and how do you practice and gameplan without other teams watching?

Its the NFL...so not surprising, but them steamrolling ahead like this is the most NFL ever. At least with no preseason we'll get at least week 1, until a couple Marlin situations happen and they shut those teams down and it throws everything outta wack.

Canada almost kicked it, right? See if they'd let everyone come over, quarantine, then set up in the different CFL cities since it's cancelled.
In lieu of a halftime show, the Canadians will all turn south and disappointedly shake their heads at us.