Rams 'fire' DC Wade Phillips

AFlaccoSeagulls

3 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

But haven’t all of these CB moves been geared towards fitting into what Phillips asks of his corners? I believe that was what a lot of Rams fans believed the issue to be with the defense right? Seems strange not to keep em when you’re adding players who fit his system.

I mean a guy like Ramsey can pretty much play in any system, but it's still puzzling. I think they know that at least one of Fowler or Littleton is probably gone, so this might have to do with them gearing up to lose them. I would've much rather kept as much as the defense the same and focus on rebuilding the offense this offseason.

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

Read a tweet that said they might promote Joe Barry to replace him.

Which if you let Wade Phillips go to promote Joe Barry, you should probably be fired as HC, I don't care what else you've accomplished.

I think it would be Pleasant if we promote from within, or at least I hope so. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:
40 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Oh no....If he didn't want to come back, I'd be OK with it. But us letting him go doesn't sit well with me.

Jim Leonhard someone to keep an eye on.

You stay away from Baltimore's next DC once Wink leaves.

Both of you can suck a butt, he's staying at Madison until he's promoted to head coach when Paul Chryst becomes emperor of the B1G.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Which if you let Wade Phillips go to promote Joe Barry, you should probably be fired as HC, I don't care what else you've accomplished.

McVay making the same mistakes that Jay Gruden made.  Jay had Phillips in the bag, but basically pumped up his offense over Wade's defense in the "interview" and ultimately hired Barry instead.  Weirdest job interview ever. 

34 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Joe Berry is the worst coordinator I have ever seen.  

• Like 1