Giants hire Joe Judge as Head Coach

Hawkfan191

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I think he probably would if he was really interested. He probably wants another crack at coaching at some point and the easiest way to do that is to probably go that route. 

If it keeps the Giants away from the 49er guys, I'm all for it. 

What do you think the perception is around the league on Saleh?  Weird to me that he wasn't at least offered an interview somewhere.

BB is like that Italian Grandmother who is a master chef, who pretends to share the secret family recipe with the semi-loved and semi-hated daughter in law, only to intentionally change or omit a key ingredient, and then offer a plainly fake/seemingly genuine "Don't worry dear, you'll do better next time" jab at midfield after a sound thumping. 

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

after enjoying this hire i actually dont think its a bad hire, really its a crapshoot when you hire HC anyways. 

Yep. The same people roasting this one were the same ones praising hires like McDaniels, Gus Bradley, Gase his first time around, etc. i'm sure. If it's not a big-time coordinator name, people don't like it. 

Edited by Ray Reed

Just now, HTTRDynasty said:

And all those guys signed elsewhere instead.

Bieniemy and Wink aren't established candidates?

They obviously never offered McCarthy and Jerry went all in on him. Not to mention DAL is obviously a better gig with the talent they have there.

Rhules offered to come and interview, they said no after they heard terms.

3 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Yeah, it could.  A little suspicious though that no established candidates were willing to sign there.  This guy wasn't the Giants first choice, no matter how much they'll try to spin it otherwise.

You dont know that. Unless their first choice was Ron Rivera, they had a chance at every opportunity to hire their "first choice". They had McCarthy in before Dallas hired him and got a call from Rhule. They had a chance to get who they wanted, if the reports from the reliable talking heads are true. Seems they liked Judge.

• Like 1

Just now, PapaShogun said:

Yeah. And people can laugh at you for not believing in the hire if it works out. :)

You're missing the point. Judge might be the best coach in the history of football, but there's a huge random/luck/unpredictable component to HC searches. Exhibit A: The overwhelming favorite for best coach ever bombed out of his first NFL HC gig.

The Giants were competing with Mississippi State for him. There are guys who are just objectively better HC candidates that they could have gotten. From a process standpoint, they screwed up and hired a guy they could have waited a few years for when there were guys with better resumes ready to go.

I hope it works out for them, I don't have anything against the Giants. But I'm going to laugh at this regardless.

10 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

It has to be a big name for it to be a good hire?

Nope, but competent people tend to be known. And their names get thrown around.

Doesn't mean Joe Judge isn't a good coach or a good HC, just stating that before today I hadn't heard of him.