Saints fielding calls for SS Vaccaro

saintsfan

No way.  Only people who have never watched the Saints play such as myself could ever think that the Saints would trade such a phenomenal defensive player like Kenny Vaccaro.  icon_lol.gif

Anyone who watched the Saints would know their defense is totes improving and Kenny Vaccaro is nearly a pro bowl caliber safety.  Yeah, I really need to let this go.   Not today though.  :P

6 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I wouldnt mind the Steelers making a move, but I feel like he is just more of the same....a hard hitting enforcer with limited coverage skills.   Am I wrong?   Didnt like him much coming out but I havent paid much attention to him the last few years.

Yeah that's about right. Good leader too though and he handles the media really well. Might be a bit lazy, or just unmotivated from being stuck on a crap defense for years.

40 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

he was getting torched in week 1 by Diggs and Thielen I think. he gave up an easy touchdown to Kyle Rudolph too.

He's also been solid/good for the 3 of his 4 years. So there's all that evidence too compared to one game we're our entire defense got beat like a drum.

4 hours ago, Danand said:

His coverage skills was one of the things he did well in college as I remembers. In the NFL, he has taken poor angles and missed more tackles than he should. If the 1. round label wasn't attached to him, I don't think people would pay that much attention.

Two things...

1)  I wasnt a fan of his coverage skills coming out, which is why I didnt like him much. 

2) I still think he would get some attention.   The round 1 label certainly gets him more than he deserves, but safety IMO is one of, if not THE weakest overall position in the NFL.  Most teams seem starved for safety help, so even an average at best safety can get a fair amount of attention in this league if they are available.  

33 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Chiefs are an obvious potential trade partner, they need someone to replace Berry.

He's been very up and down so far, right Saints fans?

Rookie year: looked like the Saints hit on a perennial All Pro hybrid safety

2nd year: pulled him out of the box and into a more traditional safety role and he was one of the worst defenders in the NFL

3rd year: back to an enforcer roll as a nickel linebacker and he was OK. As the season went on he went from OK to average.

4th year: average to good. Makes some splash plays around the LOS but is still a bit of liability in coverage.

He's trending the right way. Get him on a more talented team that knows what they're doing and I think he could become a really good player  for someone.

Archived