Who do you want as head coach?

CBrownsman

Who do you want to be head coach?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best choice of who we will interview/have interviewed?

2. 2. Who is the worst choice?

• Greg Roman
    • Brian Daboll
    • Robert Saleh
    • Eric Bieniemy
    • Jim Schwartz
    • Kevin Stefanski
    • Josh McDaniels

Just now, Don Roshi said:

I'd rather they focus on the Head Coachy things for the first three seasons.

As would I.

I’m just saying those two in particular have been coordinators and calling plays for years and both have multiple years of HC experience and I think they’re more well equipped to handle both duties than a rookie HC who may have only been a coordinator a couple of seasons, like Stefanski or Saleh.

Just now, Don Roshi said:

They shouldn't be hired based on their play-calling at all.

I agree, but i think a lot of these guys like calling plays.  They WANT to call plays.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

As would I.

I’m just saying those two in particular have been coordinators and calling plays for years and both have multiple years of HC experience and I think they’re more well equipped to handle both duties than a rookie HC who may have only been a coordinator a couple of seasons, like Stefanski or Saleh.

I agree, but i think a lot of these guys like calling plays.  They WANT to call plays.

I guess the fact That Kitchen's barely had experience at calling plays, never mind anything else has warped my opinion on a lot. I just hope we get this right. I hope that we can have someone who can get to year five and we're still thinking positively about them. It's a big ask unfortunately, but surely, law of average, we're beyond due for some consistency.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Don Roshi said:

Stefanski or Schwartz. Neither should call plays. Maybe in the future for the odd season once they and the majority of the 53 have been together for a while, but it's way too much to take on whilst getting everything in to place.

How many HCs don’t call plays?

32 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

How many HCs don’t call plays?

Quite a few. Surely spending time on something a coordinator can do takes away from what the HC needs to do. Especially in the first couple of years when they need to install the culture etc.

Edited by Don Roshi

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

BB (although he has), Tomlin, Harbaugh off the top of my head.

I would bet anything without looking that there's no way that Mike Vrabel does either, albeit an EDGE player and former DC calling plays would be awesome. Imagine, calling every mixer that you had in your repertoire on a gamely basis:

*Hook and Ladder

*Halfback Pass

*Flea Flicker

*Reverse Pass

*End Around

*Double Reverse

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mistakey said:

this sht is literally taking forever and i cannot take it

hurry up browns

Lol, it would be Haslam-like to pull the trigger before we talk to everyone.  You can justify it when you're not the last one to hire, but we are in competition with no one (except for assistants, of course).

No need to rush.  Yesterday was Schwartz, today is Stefanski, tomorrow is McDaniels. Decision will probably leak late Friday or Saturday.

Image result for relax man gif"

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mistakey said:

this sht is literally taking forever and i cannot take it

hurry up browns

As if there's any doubt who our next head coach is going to be...

I do agree that Jimmy could've saved everyone including the candidates some time by not putting on his whole charade of a comprehensive search...

But that's Jimmy Haslam for you... 

... the guy that will spend tons of money and resources commissioning a study to find out who the best QB in the draft is (Teddy Bridgewater) then ask his coaches/coordinators their opinion (Derek Carr) just to say F-them I'm going with my gut and the word of an unfortunate homeless human being (Johnny Manziel).

Jimmy Haslam is both villain and the person tasked with capturing/stopping the villain. He just has no self-awareness that he's Mr. Hyde b/c when he looks into the mirror he sees Dr. Jekyll.

I have no doubt that this decision will follow his long-history of poor decision-making...

... all we can do and those that work for him can do is try to make the best of it after the foolishness...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Lol, it would be Haslam-like to pull the trigger before we talk to everyone.  You can justify it when you're not the last one to hire, but we are in competition with no one (except for assistants, of course).

No need to rush.  Yesterday was Schwartz, today is Stefanski, tomorrow is McDaniels. Decision will probably leak late Friday or Saturday.

Image result for relax man gif"

yea i get it.  just annoying.  they literally did nothing on tuesday lol.  could have at least done a schwartz like interview.  or rescheduled mcdaniels