Who do you want as head coach?

CBrownsman

Who do you want to be head coach?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best choice of who we will interview/have interviewed?

2. 2. Who is the worst choice?

• Greg Roman
    • Brian Daboll
    • Robert Saleh
    • Eric Bieniemy
    • Jim Schwartz
    • Kevin Stefanski
    • Josh McDaniels

1 hour ago, Vee-Rex said:

Interviewing Stefanski today, McDaniels tomorrow, and looking to finalize decision by Saturday.

Two days away. Lol why are you guys so impatient?

its been 2 weeks what the hell else am i gonna do at work other than f5 this **** is getting BORING

• Like 2

Just now, candyman93 said:

Getting rid of Dorsey immediately told me it was going to be Mcdaniels and I have no reason to doubt that.

Yeah at this point I'll be rather shocked if it's not McDaniels.

I'm just hoping it's Stefanski, but I doubt it.

I’ve said it before but I don’t really care that much about how good our head coach is at running a defense or offense if he’s not a coordinator. Being the head coach if you aren’t also running one side of the ball is about establishing a locker room culture, building respect and accountability, and having the right people around you. If Saleh is that guy, I’m all for it. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Robert Saleh looks like "that dude." 

His defense is awesome. He seems to have built a strong culture with those guys. I wouldn't hate it, but I'd rather hire an offensive-minded coach.

What makes him "look like that dude?" 

1-year of hot name coordinator success?

He's been terrible the 2 seasons prior to that. Where was the strong culture then?

A good coach elevates and makes the sum be greater than the parts. His only success has come when he has premium pieces/talents all over the place.

Can he lead a program and organization? Does he have uncommon traits or next thinking/approach to develop a far-reaching culture? Compared to the rest of the candidates on the list those that know him and his track record don't speak to a man having those refined attributes quite yet.

If it's Saleh, it won't be worse than Greg Roman based on what trustworthy people have to say about them, but there's a lot of better candidates.

17 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

If Saleh is that guy, I’m all for it. 

He ain't it by many accounts from people in the know. Really nice coach who may be there one day in the future, but not close yet.

Culture/Program Builder Mentality/Traits or Next-level thinking/approach or Coordinator-wise there a numerous better candidates.

• Like 1

Just now, Mind Character said:

He ain't it by many accounts from people in the know. Really nice coach who may be there one day in the future, but not close yet.

Culture/Program Builder Mentality/Traits or Next-level thinking/approach or Coordinator-wise there a numerous better candidates.

I’m just wondering who really does fit that criteria at this point, amongst legitimate Cleveland Browns head coaching candidates. In my mind is not Josh McDaniels. Maybe Stefanski? I think there are questions there also. Not Greg Roman. Someone like Jim Caldwell or another second or third chance head coach, where we at least know what we are getting, is my reluctant best bet. I’m at a loss and at a point where I just want the head coach to be named.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DawgX said:

If it's Bienemy or Saleh...

One is not the same as the other.

If it's between those two, we'd all better hope it's Bieniemy.

He has next level and depth of approaches in-terms of implementing accountability structures in the locker room and organization wide. He believes a team can't get to the Super Bowl or Playoffs without taking work home with them and pursuing greatness.

9 year NFL career; Disciplinarian; Has a lot of grit; Tough-minded; High-level command and leader of men traits; Can get respect day 1.

Even still, he's not the best candidate because of organizational alignment, some emotional volatility, lack of affinity for analytics and sports science player development plans, and issues working collaboratively when he has some power stemming from his time at Colorado.